HULK

Re: GS vs ROLEX

Post by ivan » 29 Jul 2014 22:37

big-e-294 wrote:
ivan wrote: What happened?
You cant sleep?
Wanna watch this lolex vs GS?
Scary show
that's enough lah bro.. from 11.41am tcss till now...
i'm sure u have better things to do.
Ok.
Good night
big-e-294

Post by big-e-294 » 29 Jul 2014 22:47

zeikphur wrote:The watch community is relatively small. If we are debating on the account of common folks' perception of watches, well yes, Rolex is deemed as the Crème de la Crème to them. Majority of non WIS would challenge on the sole purpose of a watch, which is to tell time. If their smart phones or a regular digital timepiece (below 50 perhaps) is able to precisely able to tell what time is lunch, why would they spent countless buying otherwise.

But if we were to streamline it in WIS terms, you know and I know, Seiko GS more than often, gives their European rivals a run for their money. Be it craftsmanship, precise movement or ecstatic appeal, it doesn't lose out or so to speak better than what other brands have to offer.

Ultimately, like what the other bros have pointed out, it boils down to your individual preference. Judge not what others see you, but of how of yourself. True joy is being able to enjoy what you love and wear. If others say otherwise, you can always ask them to Fxxx off.
+1
david.tan

Post by david.tan » 29 Jul 2014 22:48

rolex is like stepping stone for me, after having GS i've sold my rolex, prefer quality rather than name or value, its just me :)
Astro2212

Post by Astro2212 » 29 Jul 2014 23:01

Me is no need say lah...ROLEX!!!
So wat no go sch?
So wat no wear tie?
So wat sit in ac rm?

End up kpkb mrt spoil?
End up say hawker too hot?
End up put aeroplane for a ini machiam seiko?

well thats just me...
Laolan xialan kwailan similan also can
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 29 Jul 2014 23:13

Btw. Just wanted ask here instead create new thread. Among gmt2,explorer2 and siubmariner, only explorer2 has 42mm right? The gmt2 and submariner at the moment are still 40mm? Anyone got solid information submariner or gmt2 got 42mm coming? I remember reading somewhere submariner coming 42mm but people commented is a hoax.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
sengki

Post by sengki » 29 Jul 2014 23:18

big-e-294 wrote:
zeikphur wrote:The watch community is relatively small. If we are debating on the account of common folks' perception of watches, well yes, Rolex is deemed as the Crème de la Crème to them. Majority of non WIS would challenge on the sole purpose of a watch, which is to tell time. If their smart phones or a regular digital timepiece (below 50 perhaps) is able to precisely able to tell what time is lunch, why would they spent countless buying otherwise.

But if we were to streamline it in WIS terms, you know and I know, Seiko GS more than often, gives their European rivals a run for their money. Be it craftsmanship, precise movement or ecstatic appeal, it doesn't lose out or so to speak better than what other brands have to offer.

Ultimately, like what the other bros have pointed out, it boils down to your individual preference. Judge not what others see you, but of how of yourself. True joy is being able to enjoy what you love and wear. If others say otherwise, you can always ask them to Fxxx off.
+1
+1x10
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 30 Jul 2014 00:19

I think we need to ban GS vs Rolex threads. The outcomes are always the same.
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/