Watch collecting

General topics regarding watches, accessories or tools
Cosmograph

Re: Watch collecting

Post by Cosmograph » 03 Mar 2012 10:47

This forum is great in that many bros here especially the vets it seems are quite willing to share. Like some here, I am new to watches and also Seikos. I am not into vintage pieces cuz don't have the eye, hand or knowledge to look after them even if it were in my hands. Salue bros who can tho!

To me watches must appeal (criteria setup by him/herself)to the buyer. Got "conned" (or whatever word is correct) buying from forum before. Not their fault, my own cuz not enough patience and research, buay tahan needed to have it in my hands. No regrets (and thankfully it was a low end) cuz done already, money parted and watch in hand. Overpaid lor, look at it as a lesson/s learnt if we overpay. A seller is there to minimize loss or make profits and nothing wrong with putting a high price(IMHO) it's their choice. Ours is whether we want to buy it. No reason to low ball also but again it's a free world.

Hobbies are priceless, we cannot fix an amount to it. To me, whether > $100 or >$100k for a watch/hobby, buyer must be buying for his/her self and love of the product. Buying because one wants to show that one can afford, good for you lor, hope it makes you feel more secure. And for those of us who don't or can't afford one, no need to be sour grape/plum.

Oh, think its most important too if you have a good feel for the seller and buyer when you are on either side. If don't feel good & comfortable, don't matter how over priced or underpriced the watch is. You won't feel good. So much to learn here from fellow bros/sis(if there are) & look forward to learning more from ppl here.
Enjoying Japanese, Swiss, Germans & Micros quartz or mechanical, solar/Eco or kinetic, electronic

Time is one's best friend or worst enemy. You can't stop her or contain her but you can use her or watch her go by!