Issues from ebay seller

General topics regarding watches, accessories or tools
silverguy

Issues from ebay seller

Post by silverguy » 26 Feb 2012 21:09

Hi bros

I need some advice from season buyers or sellers here.On 19 October 2011, I had bid successfully a Seiko 6139-6005 from a seller name "JRES11". I would think the transaction from ebay was quite smooth. There were still correspondence via ebay for two months to trace for my watch since it has not arrived in sg. For your information, the package was delivered by USPS via International Letter. The last whereabouts of my watch is still stuck at WARRENDALE, PA 15095 on 19 Jan 2012.

For the last two days, I have tried to contact the seller to ask him whether he can do anything about it. Since then , he has not replied.

The question is is it normal for such items to stuck at US for so long??? or the seller is trying to pull a fast one???

Anyone can advise me what can i do?? or just simply wait for the watch to arrive at my door step???

Thanks alot
eawtan

Re: Issues from ebay seller

Post by eawtan » 26 Feb 2012 21:19

silverguy wrote:Hi bros

I need some advice from season buyers or sellers here.On 19 October 2011, I had bid successfully a Seiko 6139-6005 from a seller name "JRES11". I would think the transaction from ebay was quite smooth. There were still correspondence via ebay for two months to trace for my watch since it has not arrived in sg. For your information, the package was delivered by USPS via International Letter. The last whereabouts of my watch is still stuck at WARRENDALE, PA 15095 on 19 Jan 2012.

For the last two days, I have tried to contact the seller to ask him whether he can do anything about it. Since then , he has not replied.

The question is is it normal for such items to stuck at US for so long??? or the seller is trying to pull a fast one???

Anyone can advise me what can i do?? or just simply wait for the watch to arrive at my door step???

Thanks alot
1. Never wait that long, once 30 days have passed, start a dispute with paypal . (but send a note to the seller stating that u have done so since item has yet to arrive)
2. If item really arrives late, revoke the dispute (with paypal), otherwise escalate it after 14days (saying item never arrived). Don't worry, u can always revoke it if item arrives.
3. Sui sui item really arrives late, pay back the seller via paypal.

Once past 45 or 60 days don't think it's possible to start a paypal dispute.
I do NOT need another watch , I have enough watches ...
silverguy

Post by silverguy » 26 Feb 2012 21:48

Thanks bro

I think mine has passed 60 days. So LL wait for the goods to arrive??
oOsiMm

Post by oOsiMm » 26 Feb 2012 21:58

Jres is a WUS and SCWF seller... he has been collecting vintage seikos as far as I know.. cant imagine that one may have issue with him.. but then again International letter is just giving status tracking nia..not way full track nor anything near.. your package might be stuck somewhere or is really missed on some spot..depends on your luck bah.. it may be already in SGP..who knows...

iirc he has been selling many 6309,h558 ,6105 etc..

the above just my 2 cents but hope you receive your watch soon... can also email/pm him via other forums. Also try email him using his paypal address (as given to you via ebay) ..some ppl may have difference email addressess for different usage and might get viruses or moved to spam mail..

jeffresnick@gmail.com

http://www.thewatchsite.com/index.php?a ... file;u=790" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (he was last seen Jan 21st in SCWF)

http://forums.watchuseek.com/member.php?u=18414" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (he was online 9hrs ago in WUS)
silverguy

Post by silverguy » 26 Feb 2012 22:18

Thanks Bro oOsiMm. I asked him several times whether he could check with USPS but he replied he could not. There is certain links in USPS websites only accessible to US residents. I had asked him to try again just now. Hope he reply my email.

Crossing my fingers now....:(
oOsiMm

Post by oOsiMm » 26 Feb 2012 22:24

silverguy wrote:Thanks Bro oOsiMm. I asked him several times whether he could check with USPS but he replied he could not. There is certain links in USPS websites only accessible to US residents. I had asked him to try again just now. Hope he reply my email.

some sellers tend to give rather loose explaination on 'why cannot check' .... probably USPS international letter is as such(maybe because of low cost shipping) or if he himself cant do it due to some other issue(health issue,hardware issue,not around etc?)

The next recorded stats should be the SGP side .. maybe you should log in a case with singpost via sgp singpost website with the status tracking number.. but can also call singpost tml and request they get back to you.
silverguy

Post by silverguy » 26 Feb 2012 23:56

oOsiMm wrote:
silverguy wrote:Thanks Bro oOsiMm. I asked him several times whether he could check with USPS but he replied he could not. There is certain links in USPS websites only accessible to US residents. I had asked him to try again just now. Hope he reply my email.

some sellers tend to give rather loose explaination on 'why cannot check' .... probably USPS international letter is as such(maybe because of low cost shipping) or if he himself cant do it due to some other issue(health issue,hardware issue,not around etc?)

The next recorded stats should be the SGP side .. maybe you should log in a case with singpost via sgp singpost website with the status tracking number.. but can also call singpost tml and request they get back to you.
thanks bro :) Thumbs up..
CoolieND

Post by CoolieND » 27 Feb 2012 08:12

I've actually dealt with JRes before (shipping w/in USA), and found him quite helpful. This is an issue with USPS, either having lost or misplaced your package, not something wrong w/the seller.

Think for registered mail (which this sounds like), there's a 6month window to make an inquiry as to the package's status. Has this been done yet?
http://pe.usps.com/text/imm/immc9_002.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Since you're yet to receive the package, is it possible for him to claim insurance? Was the package insured?

Hopefully you are able to get the package soon and the steps mentioned above help.
fireal

Post by fireal » 27 Feb 2012 12:30

usps dont worry , i had mail from there after 6 months even

crap mail service, get used to it
Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't
own it, but you can use it. You can't keep
it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it
you can never get it back.
silverguy

Post by silverguy » 27 Feb 2012 22:04

CoolieND wrote:I've actually dealt with JRes before (shipping w/in USA), and found him quite helpful. This is an issue with USPS, either having lost or misplaced your package, not something wrong w/the seller.

Think for registered mail (which this sounds like), there's a 6month window to make an inquiry as to the package's status. Has this been done yet?
http://pe.usps.com/text/imm/immc9_002.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Since you're yet to receive the package, is it possible for him to claim insurance? Was the package insured?

Hopefully you are able to get the package soon and the steps mentioned above help.

No Bro, Is it done at my end or otherwise??? I don't think he has insured my watch. so moody....first time happen to me..:(
CoolieND

Post by CoolieND » 28 Feb 2012 21:42

Unfortunately, it needs to be initiated by him if at all.

As fireal said, could sort itself out; hoping for the best here. :|
silverguy

Post by silverguy » 28 Feb 2012 22:40

Thanks Bros for the inputs.....but still feeling so :x :x :x
silverguy

Post by silverguy » 02 Mar 2012 21:23

Latest development from Jres11's reply. I quote " How about I refund 1/2 the amount. We'll split it."

Is there any reason why should I bear half of the cost since i did not receive the item??

Any explanation from the seniors here???
oOsiMm

Post by oOsiMm » 02 Mar 2012 23:50

thats e very common situation...(general opinion)..and I am guilty of this too ...that I am not usually be the first to ask for my purchased item to be insured ,be it buying from WUS/YJ auction/SCWF etc.. probably I never been bitten hard enough. Thats for general mid range watches but I will try to work out an insured package with the seller for high cost watches. But then there are many times when seller insist on insuring the package,I'm ok with that if the cost to top up insurance isnt that much.

One thing I found for USPS(certain method of sending),DHL,fedex and even singpost... not all accept watches/jewellery to be insured and if there is a basic insured amt,it be a very nominal amount like,singpost registered post and EMS.. very pathetic amount nia... and to topup the amt(not all method of delivery allows topping up esp for watches) will bring the cost much higher.

But to be fair,I guess neither of you nor Jres talked about insuring the package or suggest sending it via a trackable method(not the stats track)..
Bro has Jres decided and firm on the '1/2' refund? else you should talk with him if can nego to 25%- 75% ..

its really a touchy issue..depends how well both of you can communciate and trust each other....
silverguy

Post by silverguy » 03 Mar 2012 10:34

oOsiMm wrote:thats e very common situation...(general opinion)..and I am guilty of this too ...that I am not usually be the first to ask for my purchased item to be insured ,be it buying from WUS/YJ auction/SCWF etc.. probably I never been bitten hard enough. Thats for general mid range watches but I will try to work out an insured package with the seller for high cost watches. But then there are many times when seller insist on insuring the package,I'm ok with that if the cost to top up insurance isnt that much.

One thing I found for USPS(certain method of sending),DHL,fedex and even singpost... not all accept watches/jewellery to be insured and if there is a basic insured amt,it be a very nominal amount like,singpost registered post and EMS.. very pathetic amount nia... and to topup the amt(not all method of delivery allows topping up esp for watches) will bring the cost much higher.

But to be fair,I guess neither of you nor Jres talked about insuring the package or suggest sending it via a trackable method(not the stats track)..
Bro has Jres decided and firm on the '1/2' refund? else you should talk with him if can nego to 25%- 75% ..

its really a touchy issue..depends how well both of you can communciate and trust each other....
The fact is if it is lost in Sg, I won't bother to ask at all. But I have been asking him to initiate to check but his statement is always he can do nothing till I asked him do a further check with USPS. NOW!!, he has the cheek to come back to split the cost with him. What do I get back at the end of the day?????? sorry for all the ranting.....:(
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 03 Mar 2012 11:27

I got a feeling that it's lost in the mail. I bought a 6309 from US before, send via USPS, untraceable, seller offer split half half, I took it since it's better than no watch.

End up the watch appear almost 7 mths later, returned to sender... he probably got the address wrong. lol.
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
silverguy

Post by silverguy » 03 Mar 2012 19:11

roo7 wrote:I got a feeling that it's lost in the mail. I bought a 6309 from US before, send via USPS, untraceable, seller offer split half half, I took it since it's better than no watch.

End up the watch appear almost 7 mths later, returned to sender... he probably got the address wrong. lol.
Yes. I have to agree with you Bro roo. Is that a standard practice to split half half since i did not get the watch? or he refund the full sum to me and he traced back the watch which probably still stuck at some mail bag in US.
roo7
IT Superman

Issues from ebay seller

Post by roo7 » 03 Mar 2012 19:36

I think it's like an unwritten rule.

Since both of you have not set the conditions of the sale, and it's not insured. It's really up to you to negotiate the refund.

Remember he can just take the money and ignore you, so just handle it carefully.

This is also the reason why the US folks prefer a conus sale :( lesser complications.

Sent from my iPhone
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
oOsiMm

Post by oOsiMm » 03 Mar 2012 21:14

not a practise as there isnt any 'standard guideline' to this issue. depends on both affected party and how well both of you talk and mutally agree about it.. similar like wat roo mentioned,seller could just say 'once it leaves his hand for postal delivery, its no longer his responsibility'.

He offered to refund 50% of the cost is already not bad imho(though not a practise),you still can ask for more refund if you feel unjustified on it. Its all about how you wanna talk to him,hopefully both of you guys settle it amicably.

hopefully watch turns up someday then the issue will be happily solved.

=)
silverguy

Post by silverguy » 03 Mar 2012 22:18

Thanks Roo and oOsiMm. If i blow up the matter in ebay and paypal to get back my money?? do you think it works??? ( hehe... the usual Sillyporean style).....