Verification costs for watches?

General topics regarding watches, accessories or tools
tzetze

Post by tzetze » 13 Apr 2012 19:10

Anyone ever done a verification for watches they bought? how much does it cost for e.g. Rolex, Panaerai, Omega, or even Seiko? How long does the verification take?

Thanks!
CoolieND

Re: Verification costs for watches?

Post by CoolieND » 13 Apr 2012 19:56

I dunno how much a verification of a Seiko would be (would you even bother? :P), but JWWatch does verifications for $100. Not sure if they'd do it for watches other than those they're officially tied to (e.g. Oris), so don't know about any of the Rolex, Omega, etc...
kiatkiat

Post by kiatkiat » 13 Apr 2012 20:01

I verify by myself by the caseback and compare the movement.

But Omega and Rolex use their own case opener.
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 13 Apr 2012 22:01

I tot Rolex can always go to RSC ?
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
tzetze

Post by tzetze » 13 Apr 2012 23:05

roo7 wrote:I tot Rolex can always go to RSC ?
u been b4? price for verification and takes how long???
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 13 Apr 2012 23:09

tzetze wrote:
Don't own a Rolex :)

You can try enquiring in SGROC, I seen some used Rolex sales thread that put rsc charges around 80 or 100 ?

Sent from my iPhone
Not as active.
aiken74

Post by aiken74 » 13 Apr 2012 23:25

tzetze wrote:
Just pay $107 for verification n normally they will a few hours, then they will just tell u verbally whether tis ish original anot n oso inform u whether tis watch nd servicing anot... ;) btw u will receive a green lolex n cleaning cloth in return... ;)
herzausstahl

Post by herzausstahl » 14 Apr 2012 00:53

From experience, the costs vary, and probably more importantly, the standards for verification vary as well. For unmarked/uncoded cases, using unbranded movements (for example, an ETA that is not customised by the brand it is used in), I do not see how verification beyond authenticity of the movement itself is possible.

Personally, I am most careful with pieces with only the calendar complication, handwindable, and hackable. An example would be the Rolex Submariner. Another type that puts me on higher alert would be watches that utlises Valjoux 775x. Such as the Cartier Santos Chrono. These functions are very common and many aftermarket movements are able to supply these features.

What brands do you have in mind when asking?
tzetze

Post by tzetze » 14 Apr 2012 01:25

I do know Rolex can be verified at RSC, Seiko at Thong Sia. What about pams?

Anyone know the costs for verification for Seiko and Pams (where for Pam???) and the time taken? This info will be useful for both potential buyers/sellers if one party wants to verify the watches.

for ETA movements like 7750, yes agree its hard to differentiate, but some brands do some extra work like engraving on the bridges (e.g. some of PAM's ETA). Engraving vs printing on movements = diff btw real and fake.
phantom150

Post by phantom150 » 14 Apr 2012 01:28

tzetze wrote:I do know Rolex can be verified at RSC, Seiko at Thong Sia. What about pams?

Anyone know the costs for verification for Seiko and Pams (where for Pam???) and the time taken? This info will be useful for both potential buyers/sellers if one party wants to verify the watches.

for ETA movements like 7750, yes agree its hard to differentiate, but some brands do some extra work like engraving on the bridges (e.g. some of PAM's ETA). Engraving vs printing on movements = diff btw real and fake.
Pams can do at richemont. And the various brand under richemont group/

But heard they refused to do non local ad set anymore :o

JW can verify most of not all high end watches, just that they have limited opening hours and days
Looking for m/c ebc brake pads and k&n air filter, PM me.
tzetze

Post by tzetze » 14 Apr 2012 01:33

phantom150 wrote: Pams can do at richemont. And the various brand under richemont group/

But heard they refused to do non local ad set anymore :o

JW can verify most of not all high end watches, just that they have limited opening hours and days
2 for JW verifying... yeap read about PAM ADs not verifying non-local sets anymore from another forum....

anyone verified seiko watches at Thong Sia b4? how much $$$ and how long?

Thanks...
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 14 Apr 2012 07:51

I think for Seiko, you will probably have better response here... especially with vintage pieces... ;)
Not as active.
tzetze

Post by tzetze » 14 Apr 2012 10:31

roo7 wrote:I think for Seiko, you will probably have better response here... especially with vintage pieces... ;)
more of newer seikos like GS, Ananta and Spring drives. of course if someone can share the verification costs and time taken, would surely help other forumers here too.
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 14 Apr 2012 10:58

tzetze wrote:
roo7 wrote:I think for Seiko, you will probably have better response here... especially with vintage pieces... ;)
more of newer seikos like GS, Ananta and Spring drives. of course if someone can share the verification costs and time taken, would surely help other forumers here too.
Ah ok.. not too sure about those pieces.. have you called TS and check ?
Not as active.
tzetze

Post by tzetze » 20 Apr 2012 08:36

does anyone knows of any place where i could verify a panerai watch over the weekends? bonfield was recommended but does not operate on weekends, and JW is now not operating as they are moving to international plaza until 10 may. anyone knows? thanks!
fireal

Post by fireal » 20 Apr 2012 11:55

song bo !! jw move to ip ? .. haha my office here sia
Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't
own it, but you can use it. You can't keep
it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it
you can never get it back.
okies8

Post by okies8 » 20 Apr 2012 22:52

fireal wrote:song bo !! jw move to ip ? .. haha my office here sia
song!!!so help me q early early if got holiao hor
khmak

Post by khmak » 28 Apr 2012 11:08

could anyone advise on the verification costs for a non-vintage gs at thong sia?