Seiko Push Button Deployant Clasp

General topics regarding watches, accessories or tools
salokiN

Seiko Push Button Deployant Clasp

Post by salokiN » 24 Apr 2012 14:44

Just wondering if I can find these anywhere else other than Thong Sia and K2? K2's a little far for me, i stay in Jurong ;)

I'm thinking of replacing the buckle on my Seiko Sinn's stock rubber strap. I really like the strap, but i don't like the buckle. I very much prefer push button deployant clasps. Somehow these clasps give the watch a more "refined" or "polished" look, i guess?

Also, does anyone here happen to have any experience with Modena straps? Considering to order a strap from them, but i wonder how the quality is like, especially their deployant clasps.

Let's discuss, guys!
Nikolas, with the "K".
Seiko SRP043K2 "Sinn" | Ticino BF-109 | Seiko SBDC001J Sumo | Steinhart Grand Prix Chrono Ltd Edition |
Seiko SBDX001J Marinemaster 300 | Longines Retrograde Master Collection Moonphase L2.739.4.71.3
kiatkiat

Re: Seiko Push Button Deployant Clasp

Post by kiatkiat » 24 Apr 2012 23:16

I go to tiong sia 2 week ago. The lady there saw their deployant clasp out of stock liao :cry:
salokiN

Post by salokiN » 25 Apr 2012 02:47

kiatkiat wrote:I go to tiong sia 2 week ago. The lady there saw their deployant clasp out of stock liao :cry:
Wah sad. I shall ring them up and ask about availability before going down then.

Anyone know of any good alternatives? The main reason why I want to get the original Seiko one is because I trust their quality. But I'm open to third party brands or products if they're of good quality build too :)
Nikolas, with the "K".
Seiko SRP043K2 "Sinn" | Ticino BF-109 | Seiko SBDC001J Sumo | Steinhart Grand Prix Chrono Ltd Edition |
Seiko SBDX001J Marinemaster 300 | Longines Retrograde Master Collection Moonphase L2.739.4.71.3
big-e-294

Post by big-e-294 » 26 Apr 2012 22:43

salokiN wrote:Just wondering if I can find these anywhere else other than Thong Sia and K2? K2's a little far for me, i stay in Jurong ;)

I'm thinking of replacing the buckle on my Seiko Sinn's stock rubber strap. I really like the strap, but i don't like the buckle. I very much prefer push button deployant clasps. Somehow these clasps give the watch a more "refined" or "polished" look, i guess?

Also, does anyone here happen to have any experience with Modena straps? Considering to order a strap from them, but i wonder how the quality is like, especially their deployant clasps.

Let's discuss, guys!
u hv a pic of your watch on the strap?
what is the size for the clasp? 20mm?
khmak

Post by khmak » 28 Apr 2012 11:13

anyone knows whether thong sia sells the gs clasp like the one here?
http://www.seiyajapan.com/product/S-GS_ ... 600,%20450" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)