Seiko "Land Monster" SNM035: PROJECT WATCH

General topics regarding watches, accessories or tools
funky_banana

Re: Seiko "Land Monster" SNM035: PROJECT WATCH

Post by funky_banana » 17 Apr 2013 18:24

that's the issue. so normally when i meet a seller i would try to find a place that is bright enough for me to check if it really fits the description from the seller.

but well then again, you have turn it around and make it fiercer looking right bro?
gasmancc

Post by gasmancc » 19 Apr 2013 15:08

never mind, naked is always better ;)

I always try to keep in mind when buying 2nd hand piece: "buy the seller". When price is too good to be true, chances are there's some hidden problem which will pop out later on. If there's even a slightest hint of hesitation from you, just walk away. my 2 cents :)
chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 19 Apr 2013 15:24

may be can try luming the bezel...not that i know how or have the lume materials :mrgreen:
Quasimodo

Post by Quasimodo » 29 Apr 2013 01:16

chriscentro wrote:may be can try luming the bezel...not that i know how or have the lume materials :mrgreen:
That's a very good idea. Badern and Chronograph suggested that to me too. :) But they suggested making it coloured lume. In sunlight the colours should match the original scheme.
I don't seem to have enough wrists. :)
herzausstahl

Post by herzausstahl » 29 Apr 2013 21:02

Martinator, I know the point is that there seems to be some misrepresentation of condition. One man's 9.5 is another man's 7.5, in the absence of a standard scale I suppose. Just to share, I bought a brand new seiko (NOS though), with metal bezel and painted markings. One soak in my bath tub and several of the markings fell off :lol: :lol: :lol:

So I suppose it does happen even without abuse :roll:

What did you use to remove the paint? I like the look of your bezel without paint, and will probably do the same to mine...