D. SNKH series as base watch
4%

Total votes: 53
softup

Re: Project Watch #2 Official Chit Chat Thread

Post by softup » 24 Apr 2013 21:52

seiko siao wrote:
d12go4 wrote:I've voted on the frequecy part :mrgreen:

But for the Watch Base, any chance we can also consider adding the SRP series of Sardines ?

I understand Harold (Yobokies) is working on custom Bezels for the SRP as well.

With Harold's SS Shroud, custom Dial/Hands..and maybe even a custom Bezel...it's be a cool Forum-specific Tuna :D

Who knows, maybe end up with a custom sardine like this... ;)

MANoj
this looks deadly...
Pruss one.

Rope him to be our club watch designer :mrgreen:
Ed.YEO

Re: Interval Of Forum Watch & Next Forum Watch Base

Post by Ed.YEO » 24 Apr 2013 21:57

Ed.YEO wrote:
seiko siao wrote:roo and ceo can u open up the marketplace again?

i wanna place a WTB designer thread.

kamsia.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
hmm... ... ...
We have a designer who can click with our expectations some time back...
d12go4 wrote:So far, I really like the All Black version on Bracelet :D

But I really wish Seiko would come up with a nice White Dialed Diver Chronograph....Now if only this Solar Model came in White, like these PhotoChopped creations of mine :D

How about a Poque version :mrgreen:

I suggested that few days ago ley... nobody approach him?
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
zeikphur

Post by zeikphur » 24 Apr 2013 23:23

seiko siao wrote:

But for the Watch Base, any chance we can also consider adding the SRP series of Sardines ?

With Harold's SS Shroud, custom Dial/Hands..and maybe even a custom Bezel...it's be a cool Forum-specific Tuna :D

MANoj

this looks deadly...

And we have a winner for
"Who wants to be the next forum watch designer" contest
Please contact bro seiko siao to redeem your price.
fir_chan

Post by fir_chan » 24 Apr 2013 23:37

Wow!!

d12go4 get my vote for the designer role.

Bro your digital graphic work is really something!! Brings ideas to life..... i have to give your the thumbs up!!!
Feeling "Seik".... need antidotes to feed my Seik-ddiction

Will Always be keen on Seiko Vintages:

6105-8110/8000
62MAS
6159-7001/7010
big-e-294

Post by big-e-294 » 25 Apr 2013 00:33

MANoj
Wowee!!
This would be great if it materializes.
Cosmograph

Post by Cosmograph » 25 Apr 2013 08:28

big-e-294 wrote:

MANoj
Wowee!!
In theory we all want the nicest looking piece. Frankly, if the overall acceptable budget is not agreed upon, might as well throw all the ideas(no matter how good) out the window. You would just be setting yourselves up for disappointment & committee will be blame behind their backs if things get bad.

EXAMPLE: The SRP series watch is easily S$300, maybe a slightly better price if bought in bulk. The shroud is USD$88 (S$110-120 depending on exchange rates est. And Yobokies I doubt will have any discount knowing him before having any issues with the fitting) The dial and hands would be easily another S$30-50? Custom dial S$50-80. even if ask ah goh to do, cheap cheap -$20-30 to fix each watch. How much are we looking at already? And if we don't buy the watch than it won't even be the SCS forum watch and the shroud will be useless. The big question is how many of you will now sign up to foot S$515 (estimated) for the watch above?

The above is my opinion and having participated in a no. of forum watch projects, one sees all the true colors of the members giving all kinds of suggestions without much thought to whether it is in reality feasible. And this is why I salute Seiko Siao for even thinking about taking on this 2nd project (Kudos to the 1st committee for their hard work) because they don't make 1 cent from it but have to stomach all the BS. :roll:
Enjoying Japanese, Swiss, Germans & Micros quartz or mechanical, solar/Eco or kinetic, electronic

Time is one's best friend or worst enemy. You can't stop her or contain her but you can use her or watch her go by!
Lgt

Post by Lgt » 25 Apr 2013 08:40

Stargate sardine?
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 25 Apr 2013 08:44

not bad

but it might be a bit too cluttered with all the hash line markers from the bezel down to the hour markers for me
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
seiko siao

Post by seiko siao » 25 Apr 2013 08:45

Cosmograph wrote:
big-e-294 wrote:
Wowee!!
In theory we all want the nicest looking piece. Frankly, if the overall acceptable budget is not agreed upon, might as well throw all the ideas(no matter how good) out the window. You would just be setting yourselves up for disappointment & committee will be blame behind their backs if things get bad.

EXAMPLE: The SRP series watch is easily S$300, maybe a slightly better price if bought in bulk. The shroud is USD$88 (S$110-120 depending on exchange rates est. And Yobokies I doubt will have any discount knowing him before having any issues with the fitting) The dial and hands would be easily another S$30-50? Custom dial S$50-80. even if ask ah goh to do, cheap cheap -$20-30 to fix each watch. How much are we looking at already? And if we don't buy the watch than it won't even be the SCS forum watch and the shroud will be useless. The big question is how many of you will now sign up to foot S$515 (estimated) for the watch above? The above is my opinion and having participated in a no. of forum watch projects, one sees all the true colors of the members giving all kinds of suggestions without much thought to whether it is in reality feasible. And this is why I salute Seiko Siao for even thinking about taking on this 2nd project (Kudos to the 1st committee for their hard work) because they don't make 1 cent from it but have to stomach all the BS. :roll:
this is well calculated and well said.
Wist List
IWC IW377709 or IW377719
Panerai PAM 111
Seiko MM300 SDBX001 or SBDX012
Tudor Blackbay Bronze 79250BM
Omega Speedmaster 311.30.42.30.01.005
Longines Legend Diver L3.674.4.50.0
Astro2212

Post by Astro2212 » 25 Apr 2013 10:01

Agree with cosmograph
seiko siao

Post by seiko siao » 25 Apr 2013 10:05

Astro2212 wrote:Agree with cosmograph
copycat..
Wist List
IWC IW377709 or IW377719
Panerai PAM 111
Seiko MM300 SDBX001 or SBDX012
Tudor Blackbay Bronze 79250BM
Omega Speedmaster 311.30.42.30.01.005
Longines Legend Diver L3.674.4.50.0
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 25 Apr 2013 10:07

Well I think we should not let the budget limit our imagination but it also cannot run wild :)

Ideas are good but we can always explore other watch cases.

Sent from my iPhone
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
Astro2212

Post by Astro2212 » 25 Apr 2013 10:33

seiko siao wrote:
Astro2212 wrote:Agree with cosmograph
copycat..
Sori :lol:
d12go4

Post by d12go4 » 25 Apr 2013 13:39

Thanks for the Compliments Guys, when the wallet is too weak to make all my mod ideas a reality, I find doing a Photo"Chop" version kind of eases the pain :mrgreen:

Definitely willing to help with any Photo"Chop" work that might be needed for the design of the next Forum watch :D

I do agree with Cosmograph, the final pricing of the watch will be a major factor to most Members (me included). A Forum Tuna was wishfull thinking on my part :D

MANoj
zeikphur

Post by zeikphur » 25 Apr 2013 14:18

d12go4 wrote:Thanks for the Compliments Guys, when the wallet is too weak to make all my mod ideas a reality, I find doing a Photo"Chop" version kind of eases the pain :mrgreen:

Definitely willing to help with any Photo"Chop" work that might be needed for the design of the next Forum watch :D

I do agree with Cosmograph, the final pricing of the watch will be a major factor to most Members (me included). A Forum Tuna was wishfull thinking on my part :D

MANoj
I take as a "yes".
Lol

Bro Siao
He is on your payroll
ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 25 Apr 2013 14:23

I have no ideas or inputs.
But u guys r terrific.
Jaws dropped on some of the issues or even details mentioned.........

But, whatever it is, scs will get my support.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
fir_chan

Post by fir_chan » 25 Apr 2013 19:01

Honestly i have no ideas what happened in the last discussion on the forum watch. But blaming anyone for that matter is just unwarranted.

I agree on setting a budget and we can work within the said budget.

Another pointer would be the sincere contribution of the members, i mean if you are clueless like me. I would let the ones who knows what they are talking about take the lead. No finger pointing on the resultant outcome since you are the one who willingly participated in the project, again no one forced us to participate or even part with your hard earned money to buy anything.

No need to blame any individual on any delays or make unnecessary comments that does not positively contribute to the good will and good intentioned discussion that most want to be involved in.

I believe everyone here is contributing only because we like being in the company of the everyone here. For me....having participated in any forum watch discussion would give me some sense of satisfaction to the Final Outcome. Meeting new people and forging new ties....

6105-8110/8000
62MAS
6159-7001/7010
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 25 Apr 2013 19:12

just some clarifications, there were 'no finger pointing' or 'people blaming' from the first watch.

it's just that different people view things differently, different strokes for different folks, simple.

To design a Club watch which matches to a universal liking, definitely not possible but we'll try to at least, design one which is acceptable to most people but of course, views/likes/dislikes comment, they're all welcome.
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
fir_chan

Post by fir_chan » 25 Apr 2013 23:35

lunarin79 wrote:just some clarifications, there were 'no finger pointing' or 'people blaming' from the first watch.

it's just that different people view things differently, different strokes for different folks, simple.

To design a Club watch which matches to a universal liking, definitely not possible but we'll try to at least, design one which is acceptable to most people but of course, views/likes/dislikes comment, they're all welcome.
ah.... a case of cannot make everyone happy....

The First Watch turn out very tastfully.... with the experience gathered from previous project, the brothers involved would know what to continue to do and what to avoid to steer the planning in the correct direction!!

To all.... i salute you!! I will contribute what little i can with the planning process.

6105-8110/8000
62MAS
6159-7001/7010
Wade

Post by Wade » 26 Apr 2013 15:48

Sorry I think I only poll on the How long should forum watch be launched not on the Choice of next base watch.

Can anyone tell me where to poll for the choice of next base watch?
A man age doesn't matter; it's the man heart... think positive & good things will come along the way...