The ONE Watch

General topics regarding watches, accessories or tools
balzebub71

The ONE Watch

Post by balzebub71 » 17 Mar 2014 09:52

Having too many watches is kind of driving me crazy, trying to give every watch some wrist time is resulting in me wearing one watch to work, swapping to another watch when i get home and then swapping to another when i go downstairs for any reason during the evening/night. I am also obsessing with the accuracy of all my non quartz watches so i spend some time everyday when i get home to check their accuracy against online clocks and noting down their daily variances...the wife thinks i am loony and i am starting to agree; but i doubt i can stop myself from doing that, even for my cheapest mechanical with 7S26 movement....

So i am thinking, maybe i should SELL EVERYTHING and use the funds to pick up just ONE watch that is versatile enough to be worn to work and on weekends, that is interesting enough to hold my interest etc...

Anyone here think this will work to cure my OCD behaviour? Anyone else ever done this?

Any suggestion for that ONE watch, not too expensive of course...
I want to be a one watch guy!!
Jeryltan

The ONE Watch

Post by Jeryltan » 17 Mar 2014 10:17

Iwc portugese perpetual calendar. This would be my 1 watch if i were to sell everything. But i would keep at least 3 imo. Wouldn't want to do any rugged activities with this. Lol

Ed.YEO

Re: The ONE Watch

Post by Ed.YEO » 17 Mar 2014 11:12

balzebub71 wrote:...trying to give every watch some wrist time is resulting in me wearing one watch to work, swapping to another watch when i get home and then swapping to another when i go downstairs for any reason during the evening/night. I am also obsessing with the accuracy of all my non quartz watches so i spend some time everyday when i get home to check their accuracy against online clocks and noting down their daily variances...the wife thinks i am loony and i am starting to agree; but i doubt i can stop myself from doing that, even ...

So i am thinking, maybe i should SELL EVERYTHING and use the funds to pick up just ONE watch that is versatile enough to be worn to work and on weekends, that is interesting enough to hold my interest etc...

Anyone here think this will work to cure my OCD behaviour? Anyone else ever done this?

Any suggestion for that ONE watch, not too expensive of course...
Giving your collection a balance wrist time is not easy, and not hard as well... it all depends on how you organize your collections.
One day change few watches... is too tough for me. So what i did to my growning collection... organize and identify by grouping the watches according to range, and theme to change every single work week, weekends or special occasions. For example, there will be...
- Seiko Solar Chronos week
- Seiko Monsters week
- BAMBINO week(depending on whether the particular work week is physically demanding or not...)
- Swatch week
- Sandoz week
- Dress weekends, Quartz weekends, and so on... :mrgreen:

So... different folks, different strokes. How they give a balance love to their collection also differs.

Then if you want to sell off your big percentage of your collection for 1 or 2 as daily beaters... and especially to go along with your "accuracy fetish", either you settle for a higher-end quartz, higher-end radio controlled, or COSC/Highly recognised mechanical movement piece to do so. However... @ what price?
And can you beat the poison bug whenever you walk by a showcase filled with "attractive" designed watches?
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 17 Mar 2014 11:13

There can only be one watch.......

Then again, you need a sporty watch, you need a dressy watch, you need a dive watch, then you need GMT, chronograph.....

Forget it, you still need a few watches to go along :)
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 17 Mar 2014 11:17

there is no ONE watch imo and it will not happen to us.

:lol:
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 17 Mar 2014 11:18

My dress watch, sporty, gmt, chrono and ONE watch

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Paladium

Post by Paladium » 17 Mar 2014 12:12

If i have to choose a one watch, definitely my rolex sub.

Casual, formal, great value retention, enough versatility for most ocassions/situations, evergreen design... :)

Any way I don't think the problem lies with the watches, but with your ocd, if it can be classified as a problem. ;)
Hoot 1st talk later!
Threeemperor

Post by Threeemperor » 17 Mar 2014 12:24

Handphone is my only watch that I will never flip..

So actually dun need watch... :P
ae121

Post by ae121 » 17 Mar 2014 17:00

think not very possible for 1 watch.

i would probably wan to have the following:
1) g-shock... for swimming, cycling, etc
2) rolex datejust... for occasions that calls for a dress watch... also to have as a couple watch
3) rolex gmt master 2... for those casual moments...
Andoy

Post by Andoy » 17 Mar 2014 19:10

lunarin79 wrote:
roo7 wrote:.......Then again, you need a sporty watch, you need a dressy watch, you need a dive watch, then you need GMT, chronograph.....

Forget it, you still need a few watches to go along :)
there is no ONE watch imo and it will not happen to us.

:lol:
Agree with both. Try to get a grip of yourself. DO NOT sell everything Bro. You might regret it at the end.

Just my 2 cents.

Enjoy the rest of the evening tinkering with your watch collection. :mrgreen:
Astro2212

Post by Astro2212 » 17 Mar 2014 19:34

ivan wrote:Image

My dress watch, sporty, gmt, chrono and ONE watch

Swee...
Now i oni 'hav' 1 watch...the others all become cupboard princess liao(paiseh me no safe)
Diospada

Post by Diospada » 17 Mar 2014 20:35

If you are here, you most probably can't live with one watch.

Sent from my GT-N5120 using Tapatalk
xxccxx

Post by xxccxx » 17 Mar 2014 21:04

I have my way of rotating the watches... By the date the watch last stopped at. Cuz I don't want to unscrew the crown or use the date's quick set unnecessarily, so I'll pick up the watch on the right date and right time, shake it a bit to wind it, and slap it on my wrist.

So in that sense, I would only wear each watch once a month for 5-6 days... If one happens to stop before the nearest date of another watch, my Rolex sub (non-date) kicks in as a sub.

I think getting that ONE which will stop the OCD makes great sense, but it may work for some and not on others. For me, since the SBGH065 found me, I stopped looking.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk
Solanum88

Post by Solanum88 » 17 Mar 2014 21:14

Tried living with one watch. Wasn't long before I was looking around again :lol:
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 17 Mar 2014 22:43

Hehe looks like most bro here think it is impossible...

Sent from my PadFone Infinity using Tapatalk
ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 17 Mar 2014 23:55

balzebub71 wrote:Hehe looks like most bro here think it is impossible...

Is in your mind.
I also say 1 watch where got enough.

Usually when I have 1 watch for a season is when ah long come to my house.

KKFA

Post by KKFA » 18 Mar 2014 07:13

balzebub71 wrote:Hehe looks like most bro here think it is impossible...

haha you are one to talk...since you president of the No More Watch Club.. :D
but if you selling, please do give us NMC members a chance to break the fast... like the dude said..its been 2 months since I last visited a watch showroom and I am an addict...sniff. :lol:
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 18 Mar 2014 09:43

Haha okay if I sell sure will post here first... Still struggling with it... And thinking what should that one watch be? Typical mentality will be must have everything including kitchen sink and yet reasonably priced..
Haiz think too much, got too much time on hand till month's end.

Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 18 Mar 2014 10:42

balzebub71 wrote:Haha okay if I sell sure will post here first... Still struggling with it... And thinking what should that one watch be? Typical mentality will be must have everything including kitchen sink and yet reasonably priced..
Haiz think too much, got too much time on hand till month's end.

Can list down what you have so we can start booking? :) lol
ckw

Post by ckw » 18 Mar 2014 14:13

grand lange 1

this would be my ONE watch, if I ever save enough for it!