Looking to buy a new watch.

General topics regarding watches, accessories or tools
madabt

Re: Looking to buy a new watch.

Post by madabt » 20 Apr 2014 22:55

rzfrsm wrote:Btw, just to add more to my dilemma, since I'm already facing one, are there any other brands/models that falls within the $150-$250 range? If there are do let me know. Currently deciding between these 2. Image
Have you seen the blue ray? The dial is really nice.
You may want to look at the Citizen NY0040 or NY0054 series for mechanical divers. If you're ok with Eco-Drive (solar powered), there's the BN0000. Its a monobloc case watch, my dp is the caseback.

I personally prefer the design fo the Citizen NY0040 over the SKX007, but somehow the Seiko build quality just feels better to me.
bluenote

Post by bluenote » 03 May 2014 15:20

Hi,

does anyone know where can I buy bezel insert that looks like submariner's?

I know yobokies has one, but i'd like to know if there's any other person or place that I can buy or contact.

I called K2, but they do not carry aftermarket insert.

Please help? :)

Thanks!
rzfrsm

Post by rzfrsm » 25 May 2014 18:32

Hey guys! Just an update, I've already made up my mind after much consideration and went ahead to get the Seiko SKX007J on Jubilee strap. Purchased it at K2 for $240 plus a black Nato strap. Thanks to all for your suggestions and help, appreciate it alot guys! :D Just one more question, what's the difference between a Thong Sia set & an Export set?
kment

Post by kment » 25 May 2014 23:01

rzfrsm wrote:Hey guys! Just an update, I've already made up my mind after much consideration and went ahead to get the Seiko SKX007J on Jubilee strap. Purchased it at K2 for $240 plus a black Nato strap. Thanks to all for your suggestions and help, appreciate it alot guys! :D Just one more question, what's the difference between a Thong Sia set & an Export set?
Hi , congrats to your new purchase , the difference may be in terms of warranty , an export set might not include the original factory warranty , for the case of those claim to be export set, most likely their warranty is base on their in house warranty ,

Just to share my recent purchase of the Orient star seeker , initially I intend to buy it at watch fashion aka sky watches in peoples park complex, but in the end I choose to buy from orient dealer , the reason I choose to purchase my star seeker from the dealer is , I will get original factory warranty and all papers , but if I choose to buy it in sky watches , they can only offered me in house warranty .

And after gather both their list price and all discount ( sky watches charge GST ), after deduction I calculate that the difference is only less than $100 dollars , , so logic wise is of course buy from dealer as the difference is less than $100 , and I will get all papers and factory warranty , but I have to say not all watch models can be found with the agent or dealers , they might not bring in some of the models , so in some cases we might choose to source elsewhere , I got a orient guardian which I can't find it at orient agent and their dealers , but I managed to get it at skywatches , but after all discounts I still have to pay GST for it , but because I really like the watch , and I just can't find one in Singapore so no choice pay GST for it .

It's important that We get to choose and buy what we like , and get to enjoy ourselves wearing them on our wrist , that was so satisfying , and hey bro , enjoy your new watch and if you can , take a few shot with the watch and post here to share it with us k ?
rzfrsm

Post by rzfrsm » 26 May 2014 18:15

Thanks bro! Feeling really satisfied & happy with the new watch on my wrist. 8-)
Seems like what I thought so is true then. The only difference is paperworks/warranty wise. Went to a few shops before buying and some are warranted by Thong Sia while some only give in house warranty so I got a little confused there for a moment. Now I'm clear.

Pricings differs too.. so it's best to gather their list price and see how much difference they are in pricings like you did. I would get it from the dealer too if the difference is less than $100 definitely, but then again, different consumers different perspective. Some might not see the importance and would rather save the money and vice versa. Either way we're getting almost the same product regardless. Shouldn't restrict ourselves and go for what we really like. :D

Congrats on your recent purchase of the Orient star seeker, indeed a beautiful piece. Hope you're enjoying them as much I'm enjoying mine! Will post a few pics when I snap some nice shots of it man. You do post yours too, would love to see them! Thanks again bro. :D
Admin010

Post by Admin010 » 05 Sep 2017 19:23

thanks