General topics regarding watches, accessories or tools
fallacyfrog

Re: TGIF 2 Oct 2015 WRUW

Post by fallacyfrog » 02 Oct 2015 19:09

rojakman wrote:
fallacyfrog wrote:Image

All the project watch shots make me very jealous! Too bad I was too lateImage
nice watch with kanji date
Ty! Just got it ytd. There isn't a lot of info about this watch online. I only know that it might be a 4mhz quartz using citizen's 7370 movement. Accuracy is supposedly +-5s/mth. Can't confirm yet as research still in progress. Got quartz fever this few months Image
traineract

Post by traineract » 03 Oct 2015 02:25

nutty wrote:Good morning to you, too, and the rest of the gang here.

Decided to wear my BB coz no date, and also be coz of rain, so straps for today.

TGIF!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love tudors and especially love the hands on this BB!
chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 03 Oct 2015 18:51

nutty wrote:
chriscentro wrote:Nice watch bro, currently I'm fascinated by those watches with long triangle 12 o'clock markers, BB is one of them :mrgreen:
Thanks for the compliments. I rarely buy on first sight. This BB was one. How do you feel about the Blue BB?
Tried the red one today, so impressed by it that I didn't even want to try the blue version, lol
nutty

Post by nutty » 03 Oct 2015 19:03

I was invited to a Tudor event last year when they launched the blue BB. When I saw it in person, I didn't even ask for it to bring out from their display counter. I did try on others .....

I am tempted with this one...

Trident

Post by Trident » 03 Oct 2015 20:16

nutty wrote:I was invited to a Tudor event last year when they launched the blue BB. When I saw it in person, I didn't even ask for it to bring out from their display counter. I did try on others .....

Ya the chrono blue is beautiful, a reissue. But a bit out of my budget.
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 03 Oct 2015 20:43

you know... there will always be somekind of styling of other makes that will fit ur budget around.
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
nutty

Post by nutty » 03 Oct 2015 20:45

Trident wrote:
nutty wrote:I was invited to a Tudor event last year when they launched the blue BB. When I saw it in person, I didn't even ask for it to bring out from their display counter. I did try on others .....

Ya the chrono blue is beautiful, a reissue. But a bit out of my budget.
It's is nice, but with that kind of money, we can do a lot of meaningful things. Not to mention there are a lot of options with that kind of money as well.
Well, maybe if I start putting aside a "watch fund", who knows, I might realize the dream in 2 years. Of course, I mustn't get distracted along the way.....

Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 03 Oct 2015 20:46

Well... one is a one body movement, while another is a 2 module movement.
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
nutty

Post by nutty » 03 Oct 2015 21:43

True, and I have a "concern" with the one body than the modular, though it may be unfounded. Regardless, the blue appeals to me more.

Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 04 Oct 2015 00:02

nutty wrote:True, and I have a "concern" with the one body than the modular, though it may be unfounded...
One body, IMO, is much reliable than modular combo. But, so far I had yet to see much complains on modular chronos... except modular complications... like the ORIS Big Crown/Artelier complications.
It's kind of a weird combo using small 2671 base movement to power large full calendar with moon phase module.
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 04 Oct 2015 00:27

Ed.YEO wrote:
nutty wrote:True, and I have a "concern" with the one body than the modular, though it may be unfounded...
One body, IMO, is much reliable than modular combo. But, so far I had yet to see much complains on modular chronos... except modular complications... like the ORIS Big Crown/Artelier complications.
It's kind of a weird combo using small 2671 base movement to power large full calendar with moon phase module.
much respect. Ed is one of the folks who are very well
Informed. Good idea on the Steinhart 7750 blue. Not cheap as well. 1.5k?
Strap Shine by Dicon: Leather Care for Watch Straps. Nourishes | Waterproofs | Cleans
http://www.leather-care.sg/product/stra ... -by-dicon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Contact: hello@jaspe.com.sg
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 04 Oct 2015 01:09

Getting from Gnomons, yep, around 1.5, but no titanium bracelet iirc.
Get from Germany, u can use X-Rates to play around to get savings.
Trident

Post by Trident » 04 Oct 2015 06:37

Ed.YEO wrote:you know... there will always be somekind of styling of other makes that will fit ur budget around.
hahaha you always full of poison! you sure you are not a reincarnation of Eastern Poison? :lol: :lol:
actually saw a few homage, Ham got one that is pretty nice :D