Customised Bracelets/End links

General topics regarding watches, accessories or tools
vesper

Customised Bracelets/End links

Post by vesper » 09 Oct 2015 11:20

Dear SeikoSG,

I would to ask if any one knows where to customize end links for bracelets?

I was trying to find endlinks and bracelet for my watch, but cant seem to find it anywhere. Was thinking of customizing it if need be.

Any one can advise? Thank you.

Apologize if this topic has been discussed before, I'm new here and not really sure how to navigate to find information. Thanks!
vesper

Re: Customised Bracelets/End links

Post by vesper » 12 Oct 2015 11:31

vesper wrote:Dear SeikoSG,

I would to ask if any one knows where to customize end links for bracelets?

I was trying to find endlinks and bracelet for my watch, but cant seem to find it anywhere. Was thinking of customizing it if need be.

Any one can advise? Thank you.

Apologize if this topic has been discussed before, I'm new here and not really sure how to navigate to find information. Thanks!
anyone able to advise pls? (:
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 12 Oct 2015 18:15

I don't think that can be done here in SG. At least not to my knowledge which is of course very limited. Perhaps one of the more watch savy bros hrre can chip in?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
I want to be a one watch guy!!
fallacyfrog

Post by fallacyfrog » 12 Oct 2015 18:26

For me, I just use pliers to bend it into desired shape if it's hollow endlinked . Never heard of anyone who customizes endlinks sorry. Maybe you can state what watch you're finding a bracelet for? More knowledgeable bros might be able to tell you where to get it. If not, you can go for a straight end linked bracelet but it might not look as nice.
vesper

Post by vesper » 13 Oct 2015 09:29

fallacyfrog wrote:For me, I just use pliers to bend it into desired shape if it's hollow endlinked Image Image . Never heard of anyone who customizes endlinks sorry. Maybe you can state what watch you're finding a bracelet for? More knowledgeable bros might be able to tell you where to get it. If not, you can go for a straight end linked bracelet but it might not look as nice.
thanks guys for the input.

I'm looking for 6105 and 6217 bracelets. I know they're difficult to find. ),: wouldn't like those straight ones as they look weird no?
fallacyfrog

Post by fallacyfrog » 13 Oct 2015 13:08

vesper wrote:
fallacyfrog wrote:For me, I just use pliers to bend it into desired shape if it's hollow endlinked Image Image . Never heard of anyone who customizes endlinks sorry. Maybe you can state what watch you're finding a bracelet for? More knowledgeable bros might be able to tell you where to get it. If not, you can go for a straight end linked bracelet but it might not look as nice.

I'm looking for 6105 and 6217 bracelets. I know they're difficult to find. ),: wouldn't like those straight ones as they look weird no?
Have you tried contacting yobokies in regards to the 6105 bracelet? I think he sells those in oyster, engineer and other styles.

Disclaimer: I've never bought from him before. So I don't know how good he is.
I don't know about the 6217 though sorry.
I would think it'd be quite hard to make a bracelet for it since it has quite short lugs.
vesper

Post by vesper » 13 Oct 2015 15:12

fallacyfrog wrote:
vesper wrote:

Have you tried contacting yobokies in regards to the 6105 bracelet? I think he sells those in oyster, engineer and other styles.

Disclaimer: I've never bought from him before. So I don't know how good he is.
I don't know about the 6217 though sorry.
I would think it'd be quite hard to make a bracelet for it since it has quite short lugs.
contacted Harold. but no reply yet. hahha. actually I'm ok if 6105 has no bracelet.

more particular for my 6217. saw some photos online with bracelets. but just can't find any for it. ohh wells..
vesper

Post by vesper » 13 Oct 2015 15:39

this is what I have in mind.
fallacyfrog

Post by fallacyfrog » 13 Oct 2015 18:18

vesper wrote:Image

That looks good! I think those were made by the late Mr koch right?Maybe you can email Spencer Klein to inquire if he's still got some?
vesper

Post by vesper » 13 Oct 2015 18:24

fallacyfrog wrote:
vesper wrote:Image

That looks good! I think those were made by the late Mr koch right?Maybe you can email Spencer Klein to inquire if he's still got some?
I don't know. maybe I'll email him. you have his contact?
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 14 Oct 2015 01:30

As mentioned by other bros here... there's no custom made watch bracelet workshop in SG that can make perfect fit bracelet for anybody's watches.
Hence the only way you can get a bracelet for your watch, is by hunting cheap watches that could priced less than $20 or so, take off the bracelet, then feed it to your another watch.

Those cheaper folded links type is best for such self DIY bracelet pairing for your timepiece.

I had been doing so for 3 of my watches, a Steinhart L.E. Chrono...

And 2 other UHRs

The bracelets are from QnQ watches which i bought from Mustafa. The benefit of this cheap watch bracelets is the they're not so weak if you choose the correct one for the correct weight of your watch(and not to forget, lesser than 2 red bills!), and yet, with some tweaking/bending on the curved end links, you can get the curved end holder to fit well with the lug area. However... if you have OCD to achieve seamless fit... you'll be disappointed.
I had recently come across another brand, SONATA, products made by the TATA Group. They have some gold toned bracelet watches as well as dual tone ones which i think sized small enough to fit my old TITONIs. I might hoot one or 2 to give the original TITONI bracelets a long "break", such that they will not be scratched too much...
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
vesper

Post by vesper » 14 Oct 2015 11:00

Thanks ed.yeo bro for the informative input. Guess it'll be a long journey to find the right bracelet for my 6217. I'll keep a look out. Maybe old some Seiko5s might be able to fit. Hope efforts will not go futile.
Bronzefish

Post by Bronzefish » 14 Oct 2015 11:48

vesper wrote:
fallacyfrog wrote: That looks good! I think those were made by the late Mr koch right?Maybe you can email Spencer Klein to inquire if he's still got some?
Think Mr Spencer is your best bet...kleinvintagewatchrepair@gmail.com

Cheers!

Rgds
vesper

Post by vesper » 14 Oct 2015 12:22

Bronzefish wrote:
vesper wrote:

Cheers!

Rgds
thanks guys. you guys have been really helpful.

will show some photos if I managed to get one. (: cheers!
fallacyfrog

Post by fallacyfrog » 14 Oct 2015 13:08

vesper wrote:
Bronzefish wrote:

Cheers!

Rgds

If you're open to others, maybe try the waffle strap repro from uncleseiko?
The 6217 and 6105 were initially sold with waffle straps when seiko made them and they look quite good. Just a suggestion Image Image
vesper

Post by vesper » 14 Oct 2015 13:10

fallacyfrog wrote:
vesper wrote:

If you're open to others, maybe try the waffle strap repro from uncleseiko?
The 6217 and 6105 were initially sold with waffle straps when seiko made them and they look quite good. Just a suggestion Image Image
true that! I have one waffle. loving it too! (:
fallacyfrog

Post by fallacyfrog » 14 Oct 2015 13:16

vesper wrote:
fallacyfrog wrote: If you're open to others, maybe try the waffle strap repro from uncleseiko?
Wah nice, hope you'll be able to get bracelets for both your pieces Image

Have my first waffle otw for my 7c43 as well haha
vesper

Post by vesper » 14 Oct 2015 13:18

fallacyfrog wrote:
vesper wrote:
Wah nice, hope you'll be able to get bracelets for both your pieces Image

whao 7c43! rare gem as well. been searching hi-low for some time. can't find :/ hahha.
fallacyfrog

Post by fallacyfrog » 14 Oct 2015 13:27

vesper wrote:
fallacyfrog wrote: Wah nice, hope you'll be able to get bracelets for both your pieces Image

whao 7c43! rare gem as well. been searching hi-low for some time. can't find :/ hahha.
Haha vs your two pieces is no fight la.
vesper

Post by vesper » 14 Oct 2015 13:29

fallacyfrog wrote:
vesper wrote:
Haha vs your two pieces is no fight la.
hahha. humble you. hope you find yours soon! (: