Seiko SRP233K1

Seiko, Orient, Citizen, Casio and other Japanese watch companies
gasmancc

Re: Seiko SRP233K1

Post by gasmancc » 22 Apr 2012 13:55

Ed.YEO wrote:
titan wrote:i was told the others are made in china? apart from those MIJ in dial

is this true? will there be any difference? why many has the thinking MIJ is better compare to china...
There isn't much difference when it comes to MIJ or MIC or even MIT or MIM...
The movement comes from perhaps 1 plant, the casings and other parts are sourced from other part of asia... then eventually brought to china/thailand/malaysia plant for assembly of K makes, to japan for assembly of J makes.

The major difference between J and K falls on the day wheel, other than that, the Made In Japan marking.

To me, the biggest difference between J and K makes is the price... J makes, without ThongSia warranty, is much more cheaper and budget friendly.
Hmm..didn't know that, I always thought MIJs are more expensive by a few bucks since they can "market" the watch as more superior to China or Thailand made ones..
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 22 Apr 2012 14:06

gasmancc wrote:Hmm..didn't know that, I always thought MIJs are more expensive by a few bucks since they can "market" the watch as more superior to China or Thailand made ones..
You're not wrong... partially... If you had noticed, those MIJ ones with higher price tags are the ones with warranty from ThongSia. However, those MIJ ones with lower price tagged, are the ones in the regular/catalogued range.
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
CoolieND

Post by CoolieND » 22 Apr 2012 14:51

I'm guessing Thong Sia's not able to sell the MIJ watches here as they are the local distributor of Seiko. Just like those MIJ versions are only sold in Japan / USA as grey market imports, my take is that they don't actually meet the requirements of place-of-manufacture labeling.

Since these MIJ watches have Arabic on their day wheels, it would be interesting to see how the requirements in Middle East countries compares to those of Japan, USA, or even / Singapore...

Of course, this excludes true JDM or high-end models (eg Ananta's) which do meet those requirements ;)
titan

Post by titan » 22 Apr 2012 15:10

I think in general most will prefer MIJ, at least I do

But problem is the Arabic date n not in limited edition box, may posed a problem when u resell or when come to fussy collector, well at the end of the day it may be just my personal preference haha
freewayjet

Post by freewayjet » 22 Apr 2012 18:08

Just got my J1, and my first seiko watch.. Couldn't find anymore K1, so had to settle for the more expensive JDM. :D
titan

Post by titan » 27 Apr 2012 19:31

Bencoolen still have the rose gold
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 28 Apr 2012 01:25

Rose gold? I hear somebody wanting to get Rose Gold Chocolate ball?

Hold your horses folks!!! Was @ K2 earlier, and our brudder GOH there mentioned that he had placed order for the ROSE GOLD "Rocher" CHOCOLATE J1, and it's coming in nxt week! No mention of the quantity ordered.

So, hoist your pistol first... wait for the stocks to come in... shoot next week!
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
CoolieND

Post by CoolieND » 29 Apr 2012 13:43

Awesome! But no exclusive box... :lol: :lol:
herzausstahl

Post by herzausstahl » 30 Apr 2012 01:36

CoolieND wrote:Awesome! But no exclusive box... :lol: :lol:
Are the dials aligned to the chapter ring for the J models? :lol: :( :lol:
phantom150

Post by phantom150 » 30 Apr 2012 01:44

herzausstahl wrote:

From what I see @k2, more or less aligned.

I brought my K model set to TS ask them rectify n regulate time.

Said CAN'T BE DONE! . only did latter for me. I took out the rg pc n show, how come this is straight?

Stumped n gave me a blur look!

And they had easily 5-10 watcmaker inside!

I left,so call agent! I had much better svc n stds at citizen agent, 1 counter gal n 2 watchmaker only.

Sent using tapatalk
Looking for m/c ebc brake pads and k&n air filter, PM me.
Astro2212

Post by Astro2212 » 30 Apr 2012 03:45

herzausstahl wrote:
Not aligned also... :cry:
stepper78

Post by stepper78 » 30 Apr 2012 07:05

Just got a red one for my wifey at K2 yday.

Looks a little off too.

sinner1974

Post by sinner1974 » 30 Apr 2012 14:15

Astro your 黑金 like misaligned by quite a bit base on the photo u send me.

Just to confirm again, the misalignment is the charpter ring and dial izzit? Or dial to bezel?
Astro2212

Post by Astro2212 » 30 Apr 2012 15:08

sinner1974 wrote:Astro your 黑金 like misaligned by quite a bit base on the photo u send me.

Just to confirm again, the misalignment is the charpter ring and dial izzit? Or dial to bezel?
The chapter n dial...Ai mai???LE PLUS MISALIGNED CHAPTER RING... :lol:
sinner1974

Post by sinner1974 » 30 Apr 2012 15:30

$10 I take :p
CoolieND

Post by CoolieND » 30 Apr 2012 16:04

Astro2212 wrote:Ai mai???LE PLUS MISALIGNED CHAPTER RING... :lol:
Hint: LImited Edition (a.k.a. exclusive) ≠ Quality.... :shock: :shock: :lol: Ask the Thai's, I'm sure they've seen this with all their LE's! :P ;)
Astro2212

Post by Astro2212 » 30 Apr 2012 16:55

CoolieND wrote:
Astro2212 wrote:Ai mai???LE PLUS MISALIGNED CHAPTER RING... :lol:
Hint: LImited Edition (a.k.a. exclusive) ≠ Quality.... :shock: :shock: :lol: Ask the Thai's, I'm sure they've seen this with all their LE's! :P ;)
Meng leng kart dor arai???ku mai kow chai...:)
herzausstahl

Post by herzausstahl » 30 Apr 2012 17:22

The misalignment, where present, seems to be a lateral one, rather than rotational. Now every time I pass by one, I will squint through the showcase to kaypoh... :lol:
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 30 Apr 2012 20:57

stepper78 wrote:Just got a red one for my wifey at K2 yday.

Looks a little off too.

bro... urs not the K make one right? i dun see any much disturbancec of misalignment ley... the K ones seems much obvious... saw it @ BENCOOLEN last nite.
CoolieND

Post by CoolieND » 30 Apr 2012 21:18

It's quite obvious at the 45, but all the way between 30-60 it looks out of wack. The 0-30, however, looks like there's less issues...

If you're saying the 'K' variant is worse though... :eek: