Seiko diver date runs away.....help!!

Seiko, Orient, Citizen, Casio and other Japanese watch companies
spyglass

Seiko diver date runs away.....help!!

Post by spyglass » 09 May 2011 14:58

So i bought a Seiko SKX007 and it was fine.

i used it sparingly and everytime it ran out of battery, i had to wind up the date and day manually.

Since its auto , i decide to swing it gently to get the movement going.

After wearing it for a couple of hours, the date starts to run.. as in it jumps to roman numerical or goes to the next day. i've had to wind it back to the correct date everytime it happens. I think any sudden movement of my arm would cause it to jump

My question is, for a seiko diver of this quality.. is this a defect? or the date/day springs are loose?

Its still under warranty so i thought to seek some feedback before heading down.
lunarin79
CEO

Re: Seiko diver date runs away.....help!!

Post by lunarin79 » 09 May 2011 15:04

spyglass wrote:So i bought a Seiko SKX007 and it was fine.

i used it sparingly and everytime it ran out of battery, i had to wind up the date and day manually.

Since its auto , i decide to swing it gently to get the movement going.

After wearing it for a couple of hours, the date starts to run.. as in it jumps to roman numerical or goes to the next day. i've had to wind it back to the correct date everytime it happens. I think any sudden movement of my arm would cause it to jump

My question is, for a seiko diver of this quality.. is this a defect? or the date/day springs are loose?

Its still under warranty so i thought to seek some feedback before heading down.
hmmm, when the watch stopped running, did you set to correct time, as in AM/PM mode, probably you set it to PM mode? eg: it's 11am but u set it to 11pm? Hence the Day/Date wheel starts to roll

if the watch is still under warranty, just bring it back to the shop to get it serviced :)
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 09 May 2011 15:08

spyglass wrote:So i bought a Seiko SKX007 and it was fine.
I hope you didn't change the day/date between around 8pm - 4am, like most mechanical watches, you should change the day/date after 6am when the day/date has fully cross over after midnight.
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
big-e-294

Post by big-e-294 » 09 May 2011 15:32

spyglass wrote:

Agree with CEO and roo didi.
When u set the time ALWAYS turn the hands until it passes 12hr marker and the date changes. AT THIS POINT, YOU KNOW IT IS MIDNIGHT. So this is your reference and you can set the correct time accordingly from midnight.

If it is 2pm, then u continue turning so the hr hand passes the 12hr marker again (12 noon) and then stop at 2hr marker.