How many of you own a TUNA ?

Seiko, Orient, Citizen, Casio and other Japanese watch companies
adroit

Re: How many of you own a TUNA ?

Post by adroit » 07 May 2014 23:50

mtb wrote:
adroit wrote:Hi everyone, i just join the tuna family. Just bought a Darth Tuna 8-)
Congrats!

From vivo? Was there with family last week and saw one in the shelf :mrgreen:

I bought a used one but in mint condition.
kwaychap

Post by kwaychap » 19 Jul 2014 11:18

wheeeee...i juz hooted sbbn015 from bigtime...loving it!
fusiller

Post by fusiller » 23 Jul 2014 21:46

Hi I'm new to watches. Was totally smitten by the Emperor Tuna but could only afford sbbn017Image

Got the band from yobokies. Somehow the original band + my skin tone made the watch looked small on my 7.5 inch wrist. Bracelet really made the tuna looked bigger at least by perception.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
opzxkl

Post by opzxkl » 28 Jul 2014 18:10

Very nice!
Tsubame

Post by Tsubame » 02 Aug 2014 02:13

My poor 023 earned a chip in the crystal, right above the 6 o'clock marker.

Am torn between replacing it with Hardlex or Yobokies Sapphire. Sapphire would of course be a definite upgrade, but cost is also much higher than the stock hardlex. Also, being a limited edition, I have this itch to keep it as stock as possible...

Any opinions, please?
Vii

Post by Vii » 05 Aug 2014 16:47

mtb wrote:New fish in da house... This is one heavy catch!

you got the same exact taste as me. pelagos on nato and emperor tuna. except that you can hoot while i salivate watching it. very tasteful.
Tsubame

Post by Tsubame » 06 Aug 2014 00:53

Went to K2 and Mr Goh won't touch a tuna...

So no choice, went to TS. Surprisingly, they had spare crystals for SBBN023.

Changed the crystal and found that there are quite a few dust specks under glass. Worse, there were 3 hairline scratches on the underside of the crystal.

I understand that there is no warranty etc, but this kind of workmanship is appalling.
chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 06 Aug 2014 06:12

Tsubame wrote:Went to K2 and Mr Goh won't touch a tuna...

Changed the crystal and found that there are quite a few dust specks under glass. Worse, there were 3 hairline scratches on the underside of the crystal.

I understand that there is no warranty etc, but this kind of workmanship is appalling.
If I were you, I'd bring it back to TS cos I won't be able to stand the dust specks.
Cosmograph

Post by Cosmograph » 06 Aug 2014 12:14

If one searches this forum, you will see that there seems to be QC issues with the SBBN023. No one knows why it seems to be the case and coming from Seiko, I would imagine that many of us expected more. However, sadly, this does not seem to be the case. Black"DLC"/PVD cases or watches from Seiko have not been the most superior IMO. If you look carefully at the bracelets for example, you can see a lack of complete PVD between links. However, this is an issue with many "black" DLC/PVD type watches of various makes. Hopefully it won't turn us off from collecting the watches but its something to keep in mind. Vanity always has a price and not all of us are willing to pay for it. ;)
Enjoying Japanese, Swiss, Germans & Micros quartz or mechanical, solar/Eco or kinetic, electronic

Time is one's best friend or worst enemy. You can't stop her or contain her but you can use her or watch her go by!
KKFA

Post by KKFA » 06 Aug 2014 18:32

Good to know. Thanks bro Cosmograph. What about the black pvd like bezels of some of the models. Do they suffer the same quality issues?
Tsubame

Post by Tsubame » 06 Aug 2014 21:57

chriscentro wrote:

If I were you, I'd bring it back to TS cos I won't be able to stand the dust specks.
Yup. Went back and the technician was most helpful. He came out personally and I pointed out the problems to him.

After cleaning, there is still one little speck of dust in there, but I can live with it... "Within tolerances" haha. Every watch I have, including the latest kinetic tuna, has one or two specks of dust in it.

Don't want to risk opening it anymore although I'm quite confident of the WR.

So now I have a yobokies sapphire on the way... And K2 won't install for me. Anyone wants a spare sapphire? :mrgreen:
tonyc

Post by tonyc » 10 Aug 2014 01:18

Why it was called Tuna?
Edarius

Post by Edarius » 05 Sep 2014 17:36

Mine say hi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
foomeng3

Post by foomeng3 » 08 Sep 2014 08:57

Hi all,i also juz hooted a tuna 015 :D :D .May i know where can i bring it for resizing?

Thx all
giraffe000

Post by giraffe000 » 11 Sep 2014 09:41

I don't have one...
TheChef

Post by TheChef » 12 Sep 2014 22:02

giraffe000 wrote:I don't have one...
Buy lor.
"Please touch your own favorite watch with your kind heart and love forever." - Ikuo Tokunaga, Chief Designer of SEIKO Dive Watches and Sports Watches
demogoblin

Post by demogoblin » 13 Sep 2014 20:27

chriscentro wrote:

You mean K2 won't help service any Tuna at all?
KKFA

Post by KKFA » 13 Sep 2014 21:31

demogoblin wrote:
chriscentro wrote:

I think you really need to go ask but I am guessing these are quartz pieces? Mr.Goh I think more the mechanical type. But still some pieces may just not be an effective use of his time. Remember he is running a business..
demogoblin

Post by demogoblin » 13 Sep 2014 22:03

KKFA wrote:
demogoblin wrote:

I think you really need to go ask but I am guessing these are quartz pieces? Mr.Goh I think more the mechanical type. But still some pieces may just not be an effective use of his time. Remember he is running a business..
Thanks Bro KKFA. Cause i remembered on another thread another bro said he regulates 8L35... If I am planning for fat tuna must look for servicing plan also
KKFA

Post by KKFA » 14 Sep 2014 00:44

demogoblin wrote:
KKFA wrote:[quote="demogoblin"

Thanks Bro KKFA. Cause i remembered on another thread another bro said he regulates 8L35... If I am planning for fat tuna must look for servicing plan also
No worries. But I find it a but odd that some of you guys always goes on about servicing, warranties etc. I am saying this because I see many of the bros here changing watches like nobody's business. And many owns many watches. So I guess the pieces may not stay long enough or be used enough to merit servicing..
Unless of course you are buying preloved or vintage pieces. Just my take on the matter.
Imho servicing ought not be a major concern when getting watches. At least not most of pieces that are usually on show here.
Have fun and enjoy.