All new 2012 Seiko monster

Seiko, Orient, Citizen, Casio and other Japanese watch companies
dragonboat02

Re: All new 2012 Seiko monster

Post by dragonboat02 » 27 Oct 2012 09:15

Canlah wrote: This Mr Goh is too much. I popped by his shop this pm n he made me an offer I can't refuse n I ended up with the 313. You are strongly advised to avoid going there if you know what's good for your wallet. Very poisonous place indeed! ;)
:lol: gxgx!
Mstallone723

Post by Mstallone723 » 27 Oct 2012 10:13

Yup!! Now he has the parallel imports, very affordable guys!! Bought 2 ;(
However didn't like the orange one n put it up for sale. Lesson ; think before u buy!! Ha
Canlah

Post by Canlah » 27 Oct 2012 17:16

:arrow:
Mstallone723 wrote:Yup!! Now he has the parallel imports, very affordable guys!! Bought 2 ;(
However didn't like the orange one n put it up for sale. Lesson ; think before u buy!! Ha
Yes, n to think that getting the agent-supplied 311 from him was cheap, now it's bordering on pasar malam prices! ( I'm evil, trying to poison those reding this)! Lol!
TheChef

Post by TheChef » 27 Oct 2012 18:40

Canlah wrote:
yongkg12 wrote: mr goh gave very good price just hoot 313 & 315 ytd ... :D :D :D
This Mr Goh is too much. I popped by his shop this pm n he made me an offer I can't refuse n I ended up with the 313. You are strongly advised to avoid going there if you know what's good for your wallet. Very poisonous place indeed! ;)
This is why I listened to jazz and classical music to relax my mind and loon for the whole day today. ;)
"Please touch your own favorite watch with your kind heart and love forever." - Ikuo Tokunaga, Chief Designer of SEIKO Dive Watches and Sports Watches
ckw

Post by ckw » 27 Oct 2012 21:49

jus gotten a 313 this morning after seeing all the photos...no regrets...the red bordered markers looks jus like blood lined fangs...how appropriate for a monster with fangs and with halloween jus round the corner...
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 27 Oct 2012 23:20

ckw wrote:jus gotten a 313 this morning after seeing all the photos...no regrets...the red bordered markers looks jus like blood lined fangs...how appropriate for a monster with fangs and with halloween jus round the corner...
Very apt description. It grows on you.
ckw

Post by ckw » 28 Oct 2012 01:41

actually...its quite amazing...personally, i think this monster 2012 is same or even better than the Sinn U1, which i almost bought...and monster 2012 is like 15% of Sinn S1???!!! wow...ridiculous...seiko monster with own movement vs Sinn U1 ETA???!!! think i will get a monster anytime than a U1...
Mstallone723

Post by Mstallone723 » 28 Oct 2012 11:42

I think the 313 is best! Bought a monster bracelet from him at $40! Impressive chunk of steel!!

Wonder if the aftermarket monster parts from Harold fits these??
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 28 Oct 2012 12:30

ckw wrote:actually...its quite amazing...personally, i think this monster 2012 is same or even better than the Sinn U1, which i almost bought...and monster 2012 is like 15% of Sinn S1???!!! wow...ridiculous...seiko monster with own movement vs Sinn U1 ETA???!!! think i will get a monster anytime than a U1...
I think it's not really fair to compare. but both are workhorses in their own right.

the 4r36 is a lower beat movement compared to the eta 2824-2 used in the U1. thus, the second hand sweep is not as smooth. often appears jerkier.

I'm not an expert but i do believe that power reserve wise, the eta might be better, if not just marginally.

accuracy wise, i would think the 2824 has a slight edge but then again, it comes in at least 3 different grades.

but in terms of case and bracelet, i agree that the monster's case and bracelets and links feel heftier and more solid. just ot a bit, if you have a chance to see the bracelet adapter of the stargate bracelet, you'll see that it's a whole solid chunk.

i'll post a pic later if time permits.

i also think that quality-wise, seiko's movement might not be that consistent. I've done some tests on the 55's (7s36) and the newer 4r's. i placed them in the 4 snzh's in the winder at the same time but all stopped at different time. did the same with the sardines running on the same movement as the new monsters, result was the same, all stopped at different times.

but then again, for the price we paid for these watches, it;s relaly bang for the buck, imho.

i once asked ah goh, how often do we have to service our seiko's. his remark was simple, just come back when it's not working properly. parts replacements are cheap.

in sumary, in terms of case and bracelet finishing and material, seiko's price point are a steal. but in terms of the movement, i think you cant really compare against the 2824-2. though both are equally reliable in their own right, but both are tops in their individual catergories. just my 2 cent's, layman's view.
ckw

Post by ckw » 28 Oct 2012 19:41

btw...i have a small wrist and the original rubber strap sticks out too much as i am using the last 2nd hole and dun look too good...

anyone have any suggestions on which strap i can replaced with thats shorter? heard about isofrane, is it shorter and any recoomendation where i can get it?
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 28 Oct 2012 21:36

Isofrane can only get direct online. It's very soft and comfortable. You can check out watchwerkz as well. They have some rubber straps that aren't too shabby for sgd60. Have the same vanilla scent as isofrane. But younger have problems fitting the mobster's spring bars into watchwerkz's rubber cos the monster uses fat spring bars.
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 28 Oct 2012 21:42

rogue_hog wrote:
ckw wrote:actually...its quite amazing...personally, i think this monster 2012 is same or even better than the Sinn U1, which i almost bought...and monster 2012 is like 15% of Sinn S1???!!! wow...ridiculous...seiko monster with own movement vs Sinn U1 ETA???!!! think i will get a monster anytime than a U1...
I think it's not really fair to compare. but both are workhorses in their own right.

the 4r36 is a lower beat movement compared to the eta 2824-2 used in the U1. thus, the second hand sweep is not as smooth. often appears jerkier.

I'm not an expert but i do believe that power reserve wise, the eta might be better, if not just marginally.

accuracy wise, i would think the 2824 has a slight edge but then again, it comes in at least 3 different grades.

but in terms of case and bracelet, i agree that the monster's case and bracelets and links feel heftier and more solid. just ot a bit, if you have a chance to see the bracelet adapter of the stargate bracelet, you'll see that it's a whole solid chunk.

i'll post a pic later if time permits.

i also think that quality-wise, seiko's movement might not be that consistent. I've done some tests on the 55's (7s36) and the newer 4r's. i placed them in the 4 snzh's in the winder at the same time but all stopped at different time. did the same with the sardines running on the same movement as the new monsters, result was the same, all stopped at different times.

but then again, for the price we paid for these watches, it;s relaly bang for the buck, imho.

i once asked ah goh, how often do we have to service our seiko's. his remark was simple, just come back when it's not working properly. parts replacements are cheap.

in sumary, in terms of case and bracelet finishing and material, seiko's price point are a steal. but in terms of the movement, i think you cant really compare against the 2824-2. though both are equally reliable in their own right, but both are tops in their individual catergories. just my 2 cent's, layman's view.
Just to add something here...
When you make comparisons of movements from another Brand, you should always take note that if that specific brand you had mentioned is overly advertised or not. In this case, SINN is over advertised and too branded to be compared. You could have compare the new diver's movement to those that are fitted general grade ETA2824, and are priced almost competitively to the new divers... One such make in the market is the SANDOZ "Submariner", which is priced about $360 or lesser, depending on retailer offers.
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
Advancer

Post by Advancer » 30 Oct 2012 10:03

is there a parallel import 311 now also? Damn, i got it at $400+ for the thong sia unit 2 months back....
now eyeing the 307 BM for my daily beater.
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 30 Oct 2012 10:53

Advancer wrote:is there a parallel import 311 now also? Damn, i got it at $400+ for the thong sia unit 2 months back....
Iirc I have seen all variants of the latest monstah at k2.
spynet

Post by spynet » 30 Oct 2012 11:12

rogue_hog wrote:
Advancer wrote:is there a parallel import 311 now also? Damn, i got it at $400+ for the thong sia unit 2 months back....
think with the exception of 311 as i did recall an update earlier that it was sold out in K2.
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 30 Oct 2012 11:27

spynet wrote:
rogue_hog wrote:
think with the exception of 311 as i did recall an update earlier that it was sold out in K2.
Haha! I was there before they were snapped up. Just when the stocks came in.
ckw

Post by ckw » 30 Oct 2012 20:04

rogue_hog wrote:Isofrane can only get direct online. It's very soft and comfortable. You can check out watchwerkz as well. .....
thanks, got my strap changed there for $50 + 35 for a satin black deployment bucket...and it took quite while to squeeze the fat bars through...
undercoverone

Post by undercoverone » 06 Nov 2012 01:23

Hi wanna to ask the new om didn't put where it was made in which Mr goh in shop sell but now online that ppl are selling om that the dial stated made in japan.. why arh?? The model number is SRP309J1..
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 06 Nov 2012 01:40

undercoverone wrote:Hi wanna to ask the new om didn't put where it was made in which Mr goh in shop sell but now online that ppl are selling om that the dial stated made in japan.. why arh?? The model number is SRP309J1..
J & K suffix lor

J suffix are Made in Japan, have Made in Japan below 6 o'clock

K suffix is assembled in Asia, that's why no Made in Japan below 6 o'clock

No major difference, only got difference in pricing.
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
Viewandrun

Post by Viewandrun » 13 Nov 2012 15:37

Anyone else think that the old monster looks better :p