Tokkotai Project's Presentation

Seiko, Orient, Citizen, Casio and other Japanese watch companies
Jeryltan

Re: Tokkotai Project's Presentation

Post by Jeryltan » 29 Jun 2014 20:54

Evirobie wrote:
Jeryltan wrote:pitting means the surface wear off?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
The pitting / black spots look like corrosion to me.
hmm ok. That's sound bad.
DAGUE

Post by DAGUE » 29 Jun 2014 21:00

After of see the photo for me don't looks corrosion… have you tried to clean it with water and soap? :?:
Jose
TheChef

Post by TheChef » 29 Jun 2014 21:18

Looks like dirt to me. Clean it.
"Please touch your own favorite watch with your kind heart and love forever." - Ikuo Tokunaga, Chief Designer of SEIKO Dive Watches and Sports Watches
Evirobie

Post by Evirobie » 29 Jun 2014 21:21

TheChef wrote:Looks like dirt to me. Clean it.
DAGUE wrote:After of see the photo for me don't looks corrosion… have you tried to clean it with water and soap? :?:
Jose
Of course, I did clean it up then took the picture . Even with alcohol swap. This is definitely clean.

It is those type similar to black pitting you will find on vintage cases.
pacman1188

Post by pacman1188 » 30 Jun 2014 15:31

Could come from contamination during stamping or machining process. If pitting occurred, then may have to passivate to stem further corrosion.
DAGUE

Post by DAGUE » 01 Sep 2014 17:20

HI!!!
Two months after... What's up with the tokkotai??
Evirobie

Post by Evirobie » 01 Sep 2014 19:08

My Tokkotai still with Gerlach... Sigh.

~~~Delivered personally by the minions~~~
Cosmograph

Post by Cosmograph » 01 Sep 2014 19:14

DAGUE wrote:HI!!!

Worst Watchmaker on earth! It's an overpriced paper weight for me. Still need to fix which I won't be sending back as I probably will never see the watch ever again. Well, he did a fantastic job of showing how poor Polish products are, that much I give him. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Enjoying Japanese, Swiss, Germans & Micros quartz or mechanical, solar/Eco or kinetic, electronic

Time is one's best friend or worst enemy. You can't stop her or contain her but you can use her or watch her go by!
atossg

Post by atossg » 03 Sep 2014 21:41

Cosmograph wrote:
DAGUE wrote:HI!!!

Worst Watchmaker on earth! It's an overpriced paper weight for me. Still need to fix which I won't be sending back as I probably will never see the watch ever again. Well, he did a fantastic job of showing how poor Polish products are, that much I give him. :lol: :lol: :lol:
What happened to your piece?
2BHIGH

Post by 2BHIGH » 03 Sep 2014 23:33

if its indeed pitting then it is impurities in the metal during forming process.
Possible solution is to re-buff and polish off if its not too deep.
Evirobie

Post by Evirobie » 04 Sep 2014 00:07

They came up with a lame excuse. Mechanic damage by sharp object... but I only wear the watch in office environment. Somemore at 2 spots near the engravings. If only one spot I will accept but 2 spots.

TheChef

Post by TheChef » 04 Sep 2014 09:40

Evirobie wrote:They came up with a lame excuse. Mechanic damage by sharp object... but I only wear the watch in office environment. Somemore at 2 spots near the engravings. If only one spot I will accept but 2 spots.

They do not agree to replace your caseback?
"Please touch your own favorite watch with your kind heart and love forever." - Ikuo Tokunaga, Chief Designer of SEIKO Dive Watches and Sports Watches
Evirobie

Post by Evirobie » 04 Sep 2014 09:50

TheChef wrote:
Evirobie wrote:They came up with a lame excuse. Mechanic damage by sharp object... but I only wear the watch in office environment. Somemore at 2 spots near the engravings. If only one spot I will accept but 2 spots.

"Hi Hong Jia,
We get the watch and checked it.
It is not corrosion, but mechanical issue. It looks like a pointed damage, that could be caused by sand or dust particle."

They avoid replying to my reply.

"Hi Kzegarek,

It appear on two spots on the case back, could it be due to poor finishing on the case back?

For this case, is there anything that could be done?"

And after 3 chase for a reply, they reply with this

"Hi Hong Ja,
I answered your mail long time ago already - have you recived my mail ?
We can not reproduce your caseback, it is not possible for one piece only.
I will ship your piece back."

Screw up customer service and darn bloody RUDE!
DAGUE

Post by DAGUE » 18 Sep 2014 06:55

Evirobie wrote:
TheChef wrote:
"Hi Hong Jia,
We get the watch and checked it.
It is not corrosion, but mechanical issue. It looks like a pointed damage, that could be caused by sand or dust particle."

They avoid replying to my reply.

"Hi Kzegarek,

It appear on two spots on the case back, could it be due to poor finishing on the case back?

For this case, is there anything that could be done?"

And after 3 chase for a reply, they reply with this

"Hi Hong Ja,
I answered your mail long time ago already - have you recived my mail ?
We can not reproduce your caseback, it is not possible for one piece only.
I will ship your piece back."

Screw up customer service and darn bloody RUDE!
:oops:
DAGUE

Post by DAGUE » 18 Sep 2014 06:57

This is not the news that I had... I'll see with them if I can help.
Evirobie

Post by Evirobie » 18 Sep 2014 10:38

DAGUE wrote:This is not the news that I had... I'll see with them if I can help.
I can forward you my email trail and you can judge for yourself. Thanks.
Cosmograph

Post by Cosmograph » 18 Sep 2014 11:25

Don't bother with this CRAP brand. Buy at own risk, I have been told that the crown will break again for my case as this is a Chinese made one and the chance for it to occur is very high. Add that to the attitude and non existence of service to the brand, better to use as a paper weight which is what I have done with mine.

If anyone wants to support this brand go ahead at one's own risk.
Enjoying Japanese, Swiss, Germans & Micros quartz or mechanical, solar/Eco or kinetic, electronic

Time is one's best friend or worst enemy. You can't stop her or contain her but you can use her or watch her go by!
TheChef

Post by TheChef » 18 Sep 2014 19:22

Cosmograph wrote:Don't bother with this CRAP brand. Buy at own risk, I have been told that the crown will break again for my case as this is a Chinese made one and the chance for it to occur is very high. Add that to the attitude and non existence of service to the brand, better to use as a paper weight which is what I have done with mine.

Instead of using it as paperweight, can the crown be replaced at local watch repair shops?
Cosmograph

Post by Cosmograph » 19 Sep 2014 11:21

TheChef wrote:
Cosmograph wrote:Don't bother with this CRAP brand. Buy at own risk, I have been told that the crown will break again for my case as this is a Chinese made one and the chance for it to occur is very high. Add that to the attitude and non existence of service to the brand, better to use as a paper weight which is what I have done with mine.

Instead of using it as paperweight, can the crown be replaced at local watch repair shops?
Well, need to get the crown and checked with ah goh about it, the spring is "glued" to the crown so a matter of time as to when it will break. The watch works but now I know what it means because most crowns have a stem vs a spring which explains why when we push in the crown after adjustment, you don't get a solid feeling and it may "miss" that click. So, a simple way around would be buy hundreds of new crown part specific for this watch or hope it never comes off or change it which will now be what I am hoping to do. Of course, an over priced paper weight is also a decent choice. :lol: :lol: :lol:

TheChef

Post by TheChef » 20 Sep 2014 20:20

One word...."Cham".