Seiko Sumo vs Tuna

Seiko, Orient, Citizen, Casio and other Japanese watch companies
gojulas

Seiko Sumo vs Tuna

Post by gojulas » 04 Aug 2013 14:17

Hi,

would like to ask for some opinion from fellow seiko fanatic.

I am currently eyeing the sumo & tune SBBN0015/0017.
Cant make up my mind.

a part from the price, what makes you decide on one and not the other.

Thanks
ivan
HULK

Re: Seiko Sumo vs Tuna

Post by ivan » 04 Aug 2013 15:34

Tuna
Because you will eventually want to own one. So dont waste time.

May the Force be with you
chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 04 Aug 2013 15:51

I'm also eyeing on these 3 watches as well. What I did was to try all 3 watches to see which one I like better on my wrist.

I tried the black Sumo and SBBN017 at Big Time, Blumo and SBBN015 at Skywatch.

The watch that "wowed" me is the black Sumo, it's like what I read online, it's dressy, the case is full of contours, well built and what I observed is that the dial and bezel are really deep jet black, nice. The Blumo at Skywatch was covered with plastic, so I didn't really get a good feel of it.

For the Tunas, I prefer the SBBN015 as I like the black bezel and the brushed shroud better. However, they are not automatics :evil:

So, I hope to get a Sumo one day...may be with my year end bonus ;)
eguy899

Post by eguy899 » 04 Aug 2013 18:58

the Seiko Tuna with its shroud design is arguably Seiko's most unique looking watch. :mrgreen:
TheChef

Post by TheChef » 04 Aug 2013 21:39

ivan wrote:Tuna
Because you will eventually want to own one. So dont waste time.

Agree. Get SBBN015 or SBBN017. Unique Seiko tunas and always ready to wear.
"Please touch your own favorite watch with your kind heart and love forever." - Ikuo Tokunaga, Chief Designer of SEIKO Dive Watches and Sports Watches
gojulas

Post by gojulas » 04 Aug 2013 22:56

Wow, thanks for the confirmation.
I shall go Big Time to take a closer look at the tunas

Thanks
Quasimodo

Post by Quasimodo » 04 Aug 2013 23:47

Get the Sumo first if you've neither watch. Both will hold their value well so you'll have no real trouble flipping them BUT the Sumo is very very comfortable on the wrist. Also it's an automatic... And most WIS will tell you that between a quartz and an auto, you should go with an auto.

I have had 2 Sumos and they're among the most frequently worn of all my watches and among my faves. There are some very well written pieces online praising the design aesthetics of a Sumo.

However, that being said, the Tuna is in a class all it's own. If you've never worn a chunky watch, you may not be used to how high the watch head sits.

But I don't have any quartz Tunas as I'm afraid that if I start with that, it will open the quartz floodgates and I'll degenerate from a watchslut to a watch boarder. :grin::grin:

Incidentally I just picked up an Emperor an hour ago... So I have my Tuna now, but now quartz. Yay!!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
I don't seem to have enough wrists. :)
gojulas

Post by gojulas » 05 Aug 2013 07:53

Thanks for the advice Qiasomodo :)

All of my watch are automatic except my G-Shocks.
And most are big :)
That why I cant decide between the Sumo & Tuna.
While Suma has a very good movement, Tuna's chunk caught my eyes.

I know that in the end, I will be getting both of them just dont know which to start first.
I'll go try on both n let watches talks to me. :mrgreen:

Thanks again
TheChef

Post by TheChef » 05 Aug 2013 10:08

gojulas wrote:Wow, thanks for the confirmation.

Thanks
Don't blame us, as you will be poisoned. If you are not poisoned, give yourself some time because you are not ready to be a Seiko collector yet.
"Please touch your own favorite watch with your kind heart and love forever." - Ikuo Tokunaga, Chief Designer of SEIKO Dive Watches and Sports Watches
ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 05 Aug 2013 10:15

TheChef wrote:

Thanks
Don't blame us, as you will be poisoned. If you are not poisoned, give yourself some time because you are not ready to be a Seiko collector yet.
Mai lai la.
Scare pple anyhow

gojulas

Post by gojulas » 05 Aug 2013 11:10

TheChef wrote:

Thanks
I'm here to be poison :mrgreen:
I'll be thankful to you all who poison me nia, wouldnt blame anyone of you...hahaha
Cosmograph

Post by Cosmograph » 05 Aug 2013 12:16

Start with a sumo, graduate to an SBBN 015/017, then a SBBN013, then a SBDX001, then the SBDX011. After all that, you can start looking at the LE SBBNs, SBDXs and various 6159s. Afterwards, move to the SBDBs before finally settling down on the SBGAs...
Enjoying Japanese, Swiss, Germans & Micros quartz or mechanical, solar/Eco or kinetic, electronic

Time is one's best friend or worst enemy. You can't stop her or contain her but you can use her or watch her go by!
ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 05 Aug 2013 12:26

Cosmograph wrote:Start with a sumo, graduate to an SBBN 015/017, then a SBBN013, then a SBDX001, then the SBDX011. After all that, you can start looking at the LE SBBNs, SBDXs and various 6159s. Afterwards, move to the SBDBs before finally settling down on the SBGAs...
Got 1 more u havent stated.
I m still hunting that elusive pc

TheChef

Post by TheChef » 05 Aug 2013 12:38

Cosmograph wrote:Start with a sumo, graduate to an SBBN 015/017, then a SBBN013, then a SBDX001, then the SBDX011. After all that, you can start looking at the LE SBBNs, SBDXs and various 6159s. Afterwards, move to the SBDBs before finally settling down on the SBGAs...
Collect 'em all!!
Cosmograph

Post by Cosmograph » 05 Aug 2013 15:34

ivan wrote:

Wah, what else u want bro? Put LE SBBN & SBDX liao still missing ah... Nowadays damn Cham! Always cannot meet expectations..
Enjoying Japanese, Swiss, Germans & Micros quartz or mechanical, solar/Eco or kinetic, electronic

Time is one's best friend or worst enemy. You can't stop her or contain her but you can use her or watch her go by!
TheChef

Post by TheChef » 05 Aug 2013 15:53

ivan wrote:

6215 lo beat sibo?
Lgt

Post by Lgt » 05 Aug 2013 16:05

ivan wrote:

SBGH009 tio boh?
ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 05 Aug 2013 17:41

I say liao, I think I will have many conpetitors.
I hunt quietly.
:lol:

TheChef

Post by TheChef » 05 Aug 2013 18:49

ivan wrote:I say liao, I think I will have many conpetitors.
I hunt quietly.

If you can't find, then it is extremely rare.
Cosmograph

Post by Cosmograph » 05 Aug 2013 19:02

ivan wrote:I say liao, I think I will have many conpetitors.
I hunt quietly.

You say liao, many will just stand in awe! Who can compete with you bro??? Lol...ok o, diver or non diver? I list only divers leh... If u quote non diver than diff mah. Dont need to say model no. one.