Recommendations for Rubber Strap for SKX007/171

Seiko, Orient, Citizen, Casio and other Japanese watch companies
Ender

Post by Ender » 05 Mar 2014 09:04

I am looking for something in regular length with flat/straight vents with a look similar to the OEM Z22 version.
I have considered the OEM version but overall impression from reading off the internet is that it's really stiff, and it appears to come in one standard extra long length only. I have also checked out K2 but did not find the rubber straps there to my liking.
Willing to consider aftermarket versions, even Casio, Citizen, Timex.
Any recommendations, including sellers, whether on Ebay or in Singapore?
TIA!

Ender
Andoy

Re: Recommendations for Rubber Strap for SKX007/171

Post by Andoy » 07 Mar 2014 20:55

Ender wrote:I am looking for something in regular length with flat/straight vents with a look similar to the OEM Z22 version.
I have considered the OEM version but overall impression from reading off the internet is that it's really stiff, and it appears to come in one standard extra long length only. I have also checked out K2 but did not find the rubber straps there to my liking.
Willing to consider aftermarket versions, even Casio, Citizen, Timex.
Any recommendations, including sellers, whether on Ebay or in Singapore?
TIA!

Ender
GL-831 straps were used for the vintage 6309 divers.

Have a nice weekend. :mrgreen:
Ender

Post by Ender » 10 Mar 2014 08:14

Thanks, but decided to try a AM from Epray!

Ender
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 10 Mar 2014 11:18

So far. The 3 best rubber straps that impressed me so far are the waffle straps fro. Dagaz and yobokies, and rubber straps from hirsch, they're short, good for small/mid size wrists (115/75)and have fit for different lug sizes. The ones from dagaz and ypbokies are prices quite attractive. Hirsch is abit more expensive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
jkchua

Post by jkchua » 10 Mar 2014 18:38

I buy flat vented AMs (ZLM29) locally as they're widely available here but sad to say they're not that durable or couldn't withstand the test of time and cracks/breaks easily when left unused for too long. I just bought another one the other day for my H601 arnie wannabe while looking for another alternative.

Scary one time i was just sitting on my car listening to music when suddenly strap broke, luckily my Tuna didn't fall to the ground.