Where to find NOS discontinued Seiko?

Seiko, Orient, Citizen, Casio and other Japanese watch companies
Solanum88

Where to find NOS discontinued Seiko?

Post by Solanum88 » 22 Jun 2014 15:16

Been looking for a few models that have been discontinued in the last few years, went to the usual places in chinatown/bencoolen etc but no one seems to be carrying any discontinued models.
Looking specifically for the mid size divers SKX015 etc. Anyone knows of any shop that might have discontinued pieces?
roo7
IT Superman

Re: Where to find NOS discontinued Seiko?

Post by roo7 » 22 Jun 2014 19:00

You should hunt in neighbourhood shops and not malls. Like those watch shop below HDB type.. AMK, TPY..
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
Solanum88

Post by Solanum88 » 23 Jun 2014 10:57

Thanks for the tip Roo, will do that.
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 24 Jun 2014 00:04

@ Bencoolen, if you wnt to hunt for old models, WINS, 3D as well as GIFT of TIME and MAYMAY, perhaps can forget about it since most of the watches they carries are much newer. Near the entrance next to 7/11, the shop run by the old couples, they do have some numbers of NOS SEIKOs, you may want to try them, just that i couldn't guarantee any jackpot strike on the model you want.

@ TEKKA market, a little distance away from the escalator, there's this chinese shop also have NOS SEIKOs. Price wise not sure... but looking at the numbers of models displayed there... maybe hard to bargain liaoz.

@ HANNIFFA textiles, across the road, have some little numbers of NOS SEIKOs, hopefully you can find something there... no warranty hor...
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
Solanum88

Post by Solanum88 » 24 Jun 2014 11:08

Ed.YEO wrote:@ Bencoolen, if you wnt to hunt for old models, WINS, 3D as well as GIFT of TIME and MAYMAY, perhaps can forget about it since most of the watches they carries are much newer. Near the entrance next to 7/11, the shop run by the old couples, they do have some numbers of NOS SEIKOs, you may want to try them, just that i couldn't guarantee any jackpot strike on the model you want.

@ TEKKA market, a little distance away from the escalator, there's this chinese shop also have NOS SEIKOs. Price wise not sure... but looking at the numbers of models displayed there... maybe hard to bargain liaoz.

@ HANNIFFA textiles, across the road, have some little numbers of NOS SEIKOs, hopefully you can find something there... no warranty hor...
Thanks Ed, looks like I have to check out Tekka Market and Hanniffa
I think the shop run by the old couple at Bencoolen is no longer there. It was being renovated when I was there over the weekend, looks like another new watch shop is taking over.
kment

Post by kment » 24 Jun 2014 11:47

roo7 wrote:You should hunt in neighbourhood shops and not malls. Like those watch shop below HDB type.. AMK, TPY..
+ 1
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 24 Jun 2014 12:20

Well, the fun is in the hunt right.... Look at Cash Converters too, you never know, that's the whole idea of hunting.
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
kment

Post by kment » 24 Jun 2014 14:16

roo7 wrote:Well, the fun is in the hunt right.... Look at Cash Converters too, you never know, that's the whole idea of hunting.
110% agree .. but mostly for my case hunting is not always entirely fun .. funding is always a problem.. it really can make me lose sleep.. people always tell me ' don't think too much , pocket got money you scare nothing to buy ?"
But it's easier said than done .. in contrast pocket not deep ones are always those losing sleep at night .
Like me :) :(

Cannot stop hunting .. hunt already cannot sleep :lol: die la me
Evirobie

Post by Evirobie » 24 Jun 2014 19:04

roo7 wrote:Well, the fun is in the hunt right.... Look at Cash Converters too, you never know, that's the whole idea of hunting.
Yap and also the hunt for parts to restore the watch. Did it with my 6159 tuna. Quite a journey.

Sent by Greymi.
ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 24 Jun 2014 19:29

Prioritize your needs and wants.
If no money but something pop up, you better see if you hoot, you will suffer or not.

Stomach and family is more important.
Watch is an hobby, an interest.

Take time and just be focus on your needs and wants. Slowly, mai kancheong

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
zeikphur

Post by zeikphur » 24 Jun 2014 19:35

ivan wrote:Prioritize your needs and wants.
If no money but something pop up, you better see if you hoot, you will suffer or not.

Wise words from the man
+1
kment

Post by kment » 24 Jun 2014 22:18

Yes correct , and that's the reason now I'm trying to get rid of my d other hobby for 24 years , Get rid of that damm thing and I could smelly smelly squeeze out a $500 every month .. 3weeks already , so far so good .. managed to use 5-6 stick per day .. before is more than 20 sticks .
No choice want to saveup to buy expensive watch , must quit that unhealthy hobby .
Stan80

Post by Stan80 » 24 Jun 2014 22:31

+1 to wise quote

Sent from my tiny device
My family, my life, my watches...
Personal favourite: Tudor Classic Moxa
BarryW

Post by BarryW » 02 Jul 2014 16:40

No sales posts.
Seiko'ed

Post by Seiko'ed » 04 Jul 2014 00:56

Prioritize your needs and wants.

Super like this comment... Words to be live by really ..Thanks bro Ivan.
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 26 Jul 2014 19:12

Solanum88 wrote:...I think the shop run by the old couple at Bencoolen is no longer there. It was being renovated when I was there over the weekend, looks like another new watch shop is taking over.
The old shop's name is 大华 aka TAI HWA or something like that... yep... the old shop is definitely taken over, and the old couple have their business retstart @ the corner where once occupied by a small mobilephone seller near the entrance of the toilet, directly opposite MayMay.
I went there last nite... see that they have only a small balance of gold toned ladies TITONI, mostly autos. Sitting in one corner, while the rest of the newer generation CASIOs and SEIKOs are getting lots of attention. Some fellow bros here hunting for old CITIZEN models can try your luck there... so as CITIZENs.
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
pnp2k

Post by pnp2k » 23 Aug 2014 07:35

Ed.YEO wrote:@ Bencoolen, if you wnt to hunt for old models, WINS, 3D as well as GIFT of TIME and MAYMAY, perhaps can forget about it since most of the watches they carries are much newer. Near the entrance next to 7/11, the shop run by the old couples, they do have some numbers of NOS SEIKOs, you may want to try them, just that i couldn't guarantee any jackpot strike on the model you want.

Thanks for the info bro
brillantblend

Post by brillantblend » 24 Aug 2014 09:09

+1, a really good one.
chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 24 Aug 2014 09:33

Is this discontinued? I saw one at Toa Payoh Centre yesterday, $495 on the price tag.
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 24 Aug 2014 10:19

chriscentro wrote:Is this discontinued? I saw one at Toa Payoh Centre yesterday, $495 on the price tag.
Yah I think not a current model liao. Is 495 before discount?

Sent via carrier pigeons
I want to be a one watch guy!!