3rd Generation Bambino

Seiko, Orient, Citizen, Casio and other Japanese watch companies
chriscentro

3rd Generation Bambino

Post by chriscentro » 21 Jan 2015 21:52

I find it strange no one mention this. The 3rd gen Bambino is here. I first "saw" it at Yeoman's blog and then the real thing (grey and gold) at a watch shop at Hougang Central today.
Of the 3 gen, I like this best; affordable alternative for the Max Bill look.

Photos are Yeoman's.

http://yeomanseiko.com/2014/12/28/3rd-o ... -er2400ld/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lunarin79
CEO

Re: 3rd Generation Bambino

Post by lunarin79 » 22 Jan 2015 06:51

Too bad the case size is still the same which is still a bit 'big' for a dress watch.

Agreed with yeoman on the minute hands, should be slightly longer and hands made slightly slimmer.
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 22 Jan 2015 08:47

I think it's nice but the case is a little big for something vintage dressy in vibes... And personally feel the hands are a little too short?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I want to be a one watch guy!!
chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 22 Jan 2015 09:03

A lot of Orient watches have short hands, they should really look into it.
But at least, for their lower end models, day/date is not "complusory", unlike Seiko 5.
rokphish

Post by rokphish » 22 Jan 2015 11:39

how much does the blue go for?
galaxy_convoy

Post by galaxy_convoy » 22 Jan 2015 14:48

lunarin79 wrote:Too bad the case size is still the same which is still a bit 'big' for a dress watch.

Agreed with yeoman on the minute hands, should be slightly longer and hands made slightly slimmer.
Agreed... Thought about getting a Bambino to scratch my Hamilton Intra-Matic itch, but can't get past the large (for dress watch) case size...

The dial on this 3rd gen is really beautiful though.
Trident

Post by Trident » 22 Jan 2015 16:38

somehow the 3rd Gen bambino is not speaking to me. Dun hv the same vibe as the 1st or 2nd gen.
galaxy_convoy

Post by galaxy_convoy » 22 Jan 2015 17:20

Trident wrote:somehow the 3rd Gen bambino is not speaking to me. Dun hv the same vibe as the 1st or 2nd gen.
This latest one is simpler and plainer? The last two versions had more personality I feel, especially the 2nd gen. But I didn't like it, found it a little messy.
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 22 Jan 2015 17:48

galaxy_convoy wrote:
Trident wrote:somehow the 3rd Gen bambino is not speaking to me. Dun hv the same vibe as the 1st or 2nd gen.
This latest one is simpler and plainer? The last two versions had more personality I feel, especially the 2nd gen. But I didn't like it, found it a little messy.
Same feel on the 3rd gen Bambinoes...
Classic ma... buey classic...
Mordern ma...not really so modern...
Bauhaus ma... ehh... the logo seems to be too distracting, and the hands kind of fat...

I skip this one this time...

Anyway, the black dial one is not really that black as one may perceive. It's not as black as the 2nd gen dials. It's more like... ash grey, where depending on certain angle of lighting reflection, you'll see black. The "black" dial version is available @ Mustafa, Syed Alwi wing.
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 22 Jan 2015 20:20

personally, i feel this variant looks more like a Gen 1 than Gen 3,haha.

The first 2 gen's benchmark is set there liao skali gen 3 seemed so..plain...as compared to the previous 2 variants.
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
Trident

Post by Trident » 22 Jan 2015 21:32

lunarin79 wrote:personally, i feel this variant looks more like a Gen 1 than Gen 3,haha.

The first 2 gen's benchmark is set there liao skali gen 3 seemed so..plain...as compared to the previous 2 variants.
you're right, looks like the Gen 3 is taking a step back
yrh0413

Post by yrh0413 » 23 Jan 2015 10:23

the short hands... looks awfully similar to the wall clock in my room :D !
jtfoo

Post by jtfoo » 24 Jan 2015 10:40

The rectangular hands lost abit of the classic feel.
aproyaloak

Post by aproyaloak » 03 Feb 2015 15:53

they still haven't corrected the water resist grammar error, ha ha. but all in all a nice watch that reminds me of the chronoscope
traineract

Post by traineract » 07 Feb 2015 23:45

I prefer the first generation too. Remind me of the junghans max bill too http://www.junghans.de/en/junghans-coll ... etail.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
galaxy_convoy

Post by galaxy_convoy » 08 Feb 2015 12:21

aproyaloak wrote:they still haven't corrected the water resist grammar error, ha ha. but all in all a nice watch that reminds me of the chronoscope
I read in a review Orient deliberately keeps it as "Water Resist". So that it's more visually balanced. Kind of like the IIII used on dials?
melburn

Post by melburn » 17 Mar 2015 16:43

It seems to have lost the "vintage" feel for the new gen.
radenferdy

Post by radenferdy » 26 Mar 2015 19:42

Talking about 3rd gen? Let's.

I think what they're trying to do for 3rd gen is to get a cleaner and dressier look. That being said, it's hard to compare it with the 2nd gen Bambino. Yes it's a wee bit 'wide' in case size but given how thin it is, ti can still slip through your sleeve perfectly.The blue dial is gorgeous, though. Somehow it changes colour between black-blue whenever in the reflection of light. The minutes and hour indices work well to construct the Bauhaus look. And no, I do not like the hands. This is what happen if they want to force Bauhaus to every single design element of the dial. I know it's a bit hard to find hands that contrast the dark-blue dial for legibility, but combining dial colour with polished hands is a bit off. But it's still a nice dress watch.

A friend of mine purchased the 2nd gen and I snatched the 3rd gen all in last month, but directly swap the leather strap with Orient Mesh Bracelet. Looking sleek now.
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 26 Mar 2015 20:19

I wish they would make a Bambino in 39-40mm

sent using a flying carpet
I want to be a one watch guy!!
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 31 Aug 2015 10:03

ImageImageImageImage
Should ORIENT had used the dial and hands combo for the new classics above in the 3rd Gen Bambinos... I would have hoot it oredi.
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...