Need recommendation in sports watch

Seiko, Orient, Citizen, Casio and other Japanese watch companies
withheld

Need recommendation in sports watch

Post by withheld » 08 Oct 2015 01:20

Hi,

I tried browse through some site on Seiko watches but I need some recommendation on choosing a sports watch which would mainly used for running and cycling n mayb soccer occasionally.

1) What type of strap is recommended? Leather, nylon or others?

2) contemplating between those with chronograph quartz type or seiko 5 series as my budget is below $300 to $500.

3) or i should like at other model or brand instead?

4) any recommended place to browse and buy online/offline?

Pls enlighten me. Thanks :)
Ed.YEO

Re: Need recommendation in sports watch

Post by Ed.YEO » 08 Oct 2015 01:41

The all time favorite starter to mechanical, SKX007,09,11 is the most rugged one hellova SEIKO X-trainer that gains lots of popularity all over the globe. You can bang it, you can brush it, you can knock it, you can throw it into waters without any worry!!! Of course... you have do to the necessary before dunkin it into a pool or even a pail.

Once this SKX got it's fair share of scratches and dings, you can go into 3rd party parts market, look for replacements to give your piece a new life again.

Chronographs? You want a cross trainer that looks good? Nothing compares to the SOLAR Chrono Diver that can plunge into water as much as 200m(theoretically), it also looks good, be it on field, or in office.

For SEIKO watches, generally Skywatches and Creationwatches are the common 2 place to go check it out... online. Skywatches physical shop is located @ PPC. Creationwatches don't have one.

Since your budget stretches out to $500 max, give SANDOZ Sub homage some considerations. However... i still feel that the SKX is much value for money.

For ORIENTs, i think there are number of tough nuts as well that falls under 500 mark, or 400? However, i'm not that much familiar with ORIENT Divers models. Perhaps you might want to contact Brudder Chriscentro for ORIENT advice?
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
Trident

Post by Trident » 08 Oct 2015 13:07

Have you considered a GPS watch? Garmin, Polar, Suunto and a few other brands have these awesome watch that count your steps, record your mileage and a whole lot of other features.
But I don't think ppl allow players to wear watch on the football field unless you are the referee.
withheld

Post by withheld » 09 Oct 2015 23:30

Yes in the past but not now as I used my smartphone app with GPS to track my running and cycling activity.
Trident wrote:Have you considered a GPS watch? Garmin, Polar, Suunto and a few other brands have these awesome watch that count your steps, record your mileage and a whole lot of other features.
But I don't think ppl allow players to wear watch on the football field unless you are the referee.
Last edited by withheld on 09 Oct 2015 23:37, edited 1 time in total.
withheld

Post by withheld » 09 Oct 2015 23:35

Thanks for the response.

Seems like most of the recommendation are diver series which looks good but not sure if this is suitable for a sports like
running/jogging/cycling?
Or perhaps the selection of the strap is important as I felt the watch is quite formal if it is in a stainless steel strap? I wonder which type of strap that would be suitable and looks sporty? Rubber kind of strap?

Anyway, I went to Skywatches website and clicked on Sports Watches. I find Casio Edifice watch which looks good and sporty to me. Perhaps I prefer sport watches to have chronograph I supposed.

My last Casio watch is Casio G Shock Limited Edition Mens Watch GA110GB-1A. Although it mentioned limited edition, I found out this Gshock watch is very common and can seen a lot of people wearing it.

I am wondering is there a shop or website which I can browse Casio or particularly Edifice series which sells those real limited series that is not common? If not, which shop in SG or online is recommended to browse/buy Casio particularly Edifice series?

Thanks.
Ed.YEO wrote:The all time favorite starter to mechanical, SKX007,09,11 is the most rugged one hellova SEIKO X-trainer that gains lots of popularity all over the globe. You can bang it, you can brush it, you can knock it, you can throw it into waters without any worry!!! Of course... you have do to the necessary before dunkin it into a pool or even a pail.

Once this SKX got it's fair share of scratches and dings, you can go into 3rd party parts market, look for replacements to give your piece a new life again.

Chronographs? You want a cross trainer that looks good? Nothing compares to the SOLAR Chrono Diver that can plunge into water as much as 200m(theoretically), it also looks good, be it on field, or in office.

For SEIKO watches, generally Skywatches and Creationwatches are the common 2 place to go check it out... online. Skywatches physical shop is located @ PPC. Creationwatches don't have one.

Since your budget stretches out to $500 max, give SANDOZ Sub homage some considerations. However... i still feel that the SKX is much value for money.

For ORIENTs, i think there are number of tough nuts as well that falls under 500 mark, or 400? However, i'm not that much familiar with ORIENT Divers models. Perhaps you might want to contact Brudder Chriscentro for ORIENT advice?
vladg

Post by vladg » 10 Oct 2015 02:10

For such application like running, playing football and so on I would go with plastic quart watch like casio. Its light, will take a lot of abuse, relatively cheap, and your friends will appreciate it once you accidently knock them with it.

I have my old Casio Compass and working at shipyards time to time. This watch has seen mud, paint, diesel oil, hydraulic oil you name it. And it still running like new with all that scratches on the case but even plastic crystal still good.

I do like my SKX007 and my Monster srp315 even better, but its will not be so comfortable and tough like plastic casio.
galaxy_convoy

Post by galaxy_convoy » 10 Oct 2015 12:41

A G-Shock would be your best choice if you want something simple. A GPS sports watch from Garmin, TomTom, Polar or Sunnto would be my recommendation if you need metrics like distance and time. I have the TomTom Cardio that I wear for runs and gym, and it works really well to track distance, time, pace, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
withheld

Post by withheld » 10 Oct 2015 20:06

Thanks for the more responses.