[HELP] SKX running 10 mins fast a day

Seiko, Orient, Citizen, Casio and other Japanese watch companies
shawnxu

[HELP] SKX running 10 mins fast a day

Post by shawnxu » 02 Jan 2017 16:05

Hi guys!

Firstly, happy new year to everyone! hope you guys will have a wonderful 2017. On to my question... as mentioned in the title, my SKX is running 10 mins fast a day consistently. I brought it to K2 to have a look after hearing a lot of good things on the site about him. Was quoted $80 to fix by Mr Goh. Is that considered ex or is that market price? Read online that a new 7s26 movement also cost around that price. So thought if like that might as well try to find a brand new movement altogether. Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,
Shawn
balzebub71

Re: [HELP] SKX running 10 mins fast a day

Post by balzebub71 » 09 Jan 2017 19:19

A 7S26 is actually cheaper. But even if u get one, u still need to replace the moment which is a job for a professional. Just repair and ask him to regulate for u?

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using Tapatalk
I want to be a one watch guy!!
Trident

Post by Trident » 11 Jan 2017 11:20

Best get a watchmaker to fix it. Either it's magnetized or the timing needs to be regulated.
Either way he would be able to fix it for you.
KKFA

Post by KKFA » 11 Jan 2017 23:49

The SKX is a classic but not a rare piece. The way I see it there are 3 options:
1. Get it repaired. Honestly $80 for the job is not expensive in my book. Especially coming from a well respected watchmaker like Mr. Goh
2. Get a new movement and replace it. Still need a watchmaker to do the replacement. Still need to pat labour charge so add up the cost might be similar or even higher.
3. Like I said SKX not a rare piece so unless it's of sentimental value can replace with a new one..most cost choice but $80 to $100 to repair or replace movement is already more Han a third of the price of new Watch.

Finally you can take opportunity to have a different model all together..:)

You decide.