All things Japanese

Seiko, Orient, Citizen, Casio and other Japanese watch companies
hypeunot

All things Japanese

Post by hypeunot » 25 Jun 2017 13:31

Seiko watches are amazing.

I bought this in the 90s. Hardly wore it. Recently started to use it as a daily beater. It started running immediately on being worn.

hypeunot

Re: All things Japanese

Post by hypeunot » 26 Jun 2017 11:55

My first Seiko with replacement bracelet. Bought it in the 80s (I think).

Not a good pic of the back due to a plastic film over it.
hypeunot

Post by hypeunot » 26 Jun 2017 12:13

Present from a watch dealer friend in the US.

hypeunot

Post by hypeunot » 26 Jun 2017 12:14

Was enamoured by this series.

hypeunot

Post by hypeunot » 26 Jun 2017 12:18

The rest of the Seikos.
The small vintage was from Chew Pak. He serviced watches and had a small shop at the old People's Park. I bought it on goodwill

hypeunot

Post by hypeunot » 26 Jun 2017 12:21

Outstanding Citizens.
hypeunot

Post by hypeunot » 01 Jul 2017 13:46

Bought these when diver watches were the rage and I liked the 'no lugs' look.
Worn these as desk divers as I have never dived.
The Eco-Drive was my daily beater for the last couple of years till it stopped running.
Please excuse the poor photo shot; it would have been worse if not for the photo edit software.

fallacyfrog

Post by fallacyfrog » 01 Jul 2017 15:35

Great pieces with stories behind them. Especially like the Mickey mouse lorus.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 01 Jul 2017 16:29

thanks for sharing! :mrgreen:
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
rojakman

Post by rojakman » 01 Jul 2017 23:13

hypeunot wrote:The rest of the Seikos.
The small vintage was from Chew Pak. He serviced watches and had a small shop at the old People's Park. I bought it on goodwill

Bottom right looks great. Image
Using Tapatalk
hypeunot

Post by hypeunot » 02 Jul 2017 11:30

rojakman wrote:
hypeunot wrote:The rest of the Seikos.

If you are referring to the one with titanium case, I bought it from a shop at Tekka complex. The shop was clearing stock as it was closing down. I used to frequent Tekka complex. There was a shop ran by Ah Hai who sold used watches. He had a high turnover. There were always new watches to browse.
rojakman

Post by rojakman » 02 Jul 2017 20:26

hypeunot wrote:
rojakman wrote:
If you are referring to the one with titanium case, I bought it from a shop at Tekka complex. The shop was clearing stock as it was closing down. I used to frequent Tekka complex. There was a shop ran by Ah Hai who sold used watches. He had a high turnover. There were always new watches to browse.
Yes the titanium. Nice watch u manage to get Image
Using Tapatalk
fallacyfrog

Post by fallacyfrog » 03 Jul 2017 20:02

hypeunot wrote:
rojakman wrote:
You are referring to the shop at tekka centre second level? Been there once or twice few years back...saw some old bird rollie collectors chit chat with the uncle. Seems like they frequent there as they still bring their own drinks. Quite wide variety of pieces he had in his display shelf. Wonder if he is still there...

hypeunot

Post by hypeunot » 04 Jul 2017 13:26

fallacyfrog wrote: You are referring to the shop at tekka centre second level? Been there once or twice few years back...saw some old bird rollie collectors chit chat with the uncle. Seems like they frequent there as they still bring their own drinks. Quite wide variety of pieces he had in his display shelf. Wonder if he is still there...

It is that shop if it was on the floor above the Tekka wet market. I don't know if it's still there as my last visit was more than 15 years ago. Yes, he had other interesting watches besides the steel n gold datejusts which were popular in the 80s. He sold me a silver case and band nos Eska for $400, a white gold Piaget with ornyx dial for $1800.
hypeunot

Post by hypeunot » 09 Jul 2017 12:35

I bought an Orient pocketwatch as a reminiscent of how I started collecting watches. I enjoyed scouring the flea markets during my training stints in the US in the 80s looking to buy vintage pocketwatches for my uncle.
Though I had more interest in wristwatches, I ended up with a sizeable collection of pocketwatches.
I have long sold them off except for the Longines in the pictures and a Illinois Bunn Special.
I can't find the Illinois. I live in a small apartment and so stuff are packed tightly in the cupboards. That makes looking for something a real hassle especially as I'm rather disorganised.

hypeunot

Post by hypeunot » 15 Jul 2017 08:45

I got the one with the black dial through this forum. I posted a WTB after seeing a post of this watch in the Yeomanseiko blog.

chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 15 Jul 2017 11:47

I see a pattern here, one of each is not enough :mrgreen:
hypeunot

Post by hypeunot » 15 Jul 2017 14:45

True. I do get carried away.
But don't tell that to my wife.
Trident

Post by Trident » 19 Jul 2017 10:05

Hi hypeunot, luv ur Seiko collection. As for Tekka mkt, lvl 2 got 2 watch shop now. I still patronise the shop with the big Orient sign. Roland has inexpensive watches for his mostly indian customer. He sells watch repair tools too.
I hv not visited the other shop. Tekka is now closed for renovation.
fallacyfrog

Post by fallacyfrog » 19 Jul 2017 13:28

Trident wrote:Hi hypeunot, luv ur Seiko collection. As for Tekka mkt, lvl 2 got 2 watch shop now. I still patronise the shop with the big Orient sign. Roland has inexpensive watches for his mostly indian customer. He sells watch repair tools too.
I hv not visited the other shop. Tekka is now closed for renovation.
Nice. I have gone past the shop before but never went in. Didn't know they sell watch repair tools. Do they have caseback opener and crystal press? Want to try out battery and crystal change myself