Closure of Seiko Club Singapore Project Watch #2

Project Watch Discussion Section
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 01 Oct 2015 17:19

This is a long post but I have to do this.

Our first watch project was a baby step, taking an existing Seiko model, SKX007 as a base and changing everything else back in 2012, completed in April 2013. It wasn't an easy process, I wasn't directly involved, 4 other members took up the challenge and pushed it through.

Project Watch #1 plans, designs and other discussion: viewforum.php?f=26" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It was almost immediately that a poll was created to determine if the next project watch should be a Seiko base or explore in customising the whole watch all together while keeping the watch affordable.

Fast forward to today, it's exactly a year when the project started in Sept 2014. A choice was made to build a watch from scratch, of course with cost in mind and everything else, partnership is form with Obris Morgan and we adopted one of the watch case as a base.

It's a long 1 year, 50 watches are shipped a few days ago and some delivered today. I hope that Project Watch #2 owners are pleased with the outcome and hold on to them for years to come.

Shout outs
A very big shout out to Seiko Siao and zeikphur, they are involved in both projects, huge contribution and commitment from them !

CEO, lunarin79, main driver for the project, coordinated with Justin from Obris Morgan, has eye for details, there's a lot of behind the scenes subtle changes with colors, shades that we are not aware of. I remember he showed me that the blue hue is different on the dial and the bezel insert months ago in a GTG when we first receive the prototype dial and insert. This project will never steer in the right direction without him.

sellwatch, tirelessly checking his bank balances, checking, double checking that payments got in promptly, so we can initiate the project. Huge responsibility handling the project funds and ensuring payments get to Justin timely ! Especially in the last few weeks before delivery.

Seiko Siao brought his experience in the first project, went through all the rough edges, logistics issues and anything that we didn't thought of and one point in mind, he said, "I'm addicted to this, it's really a fun process".

zeikphur, yes he's quiet in the discussion but he's always furiously coming up with different designs, back and fro. It's never easy being the designer. Most importantly, our SCS logo on both watches is designed by, no other than the man himself.

This logo is a play of SC65, before Tapatalk days, you might spot Seiko Club +65 in the forum banner.

Finally, a very very big thank to you to all 46 members who stood with us, committed and patient. The project won't happen at all without all of you.

I really hope every one of you treasure your project watches. They are a symbol of this forum and the time and effort from all of us.

Remember, a project watch only comes every 2 years :D
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
Trident

Re: Closure of Seiko Club Singapore Project Watch #2

Post by Trident » 01 Oct 2015 19:49

A big thank you to Roo7, Seiko Siao, CEO and zeikphur and others who chip in to help. This is my first custom designed watch and I am luving it (even though my son says it's upside down). The packaging was very good along with the printed materials, the screw driver and spare pin was a nice touch. Well done guys! and a good job by Obis Morgan.
okies

Post by okies » 01 Oct 2015 20:06

Appreciate you guys who put in lotsa effort to make this club watch #2 possible for the rest of us.

Thank you very much.. ;)
rojakman

Post by rojakman » 01 Oct 2015 20:40

Thank you very much to the team for the hard work!
Using Tapatalk
caeden

Post by caeden » 01 Oct 2015 22:51

Thanks to the people who made this project a success! When is the GTG?
silifish

Post by silifish » 02 Oct 2015 05:09

A big thank you to all ppl that involved in this project.
It is Swee Swee...watch.
Stan80

Post by Stan80 » 02 Oct 2015 08:31

My deep respect for all 50 members who stood together and make this project a success. :D
My family, my life, my watches...
Personal favourite: Tudor Classic Moxa
Threeemperor

Post by Threeemperor » 02 Oct 2015 08:40

Thanks for the organising committee.
Tough work.
ronnie

Post by ronnie » 02 Oct 2015 09:34

Many many thanks to everyone who was in one way or another involved in the Seiko Club Singapore project watch!!!
Maman72

Post by Maman72 » 02 Oct 2015 11:10

Is it still open for booking??
vesper

Post by vesper » 02 Oct 2015 11:38

seems like project watch getting alot likes around. Organising committee, any chance for version 2 for those who missed out first time round? :p
Homme

Post by Homme » 02 Oct 2015 11:53

Many thanks to all those involved in making this project possible and also allowing me to be part of this at the eleventh hour!
Cosmograph

Post by Cosmograph » 02 Oct 2015 16:07

Goes without saying that the effort that you guys put in for this project is much more appreciated than words could be penned down. :D
Enjoying Japanese, Swiss, Germans & Micros quartz or mechanical, solar/Eco or kinetic, electronic

Time is one's best friend or worst enemy. You can't stop her or contain her but you can use her or watch her go by!
Maman72

Post by Maman72 » 05 Oct 2015 12:55

vesper wrote:seems like project watch getting alot likes around. Organising committee, any chance for version 2 for those who missed out first time round? :p
If there is pls count me in!!
maxwinamp

Post by maxwinamp » 05 Oct 2015 15:52

Thanks to everyone who made the project a success. The watch is awesome! Kudos to the organisers.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Poison

Post by Poison » 05 Oct 2015 18:06

Just collected mine yesterday. Mega thanks to CEO and the team. Swee.
b16707

Post by b16707 » 19 Nov 2015 16:01

vesper wrote:seems like project watch getting alot likes around. Organising committee, any chance for version 2 for those who missed out first time round? :p
Please just take my wallet. Please. +1 for this!!

I just saw this watch on obris's facebook page and I can't believe I just found scs right now and it's too late to get one. Such a gorgeous watch, great jobs guys. I'm super jealous haha. I hope I can be on board for the next one you guys do (maybe non destro :D , but I cant ask for too much).
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 20 Nov 2015 10:26

Thanks again for all the support from all btos here in SC.

There will definitely be a 3rd forum watch in the pipeline :)
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
b16707

Post by b16707 » 23 Nov 2015 02:32

lunarin79 wrote:Thanks again for all the support from all btos here in SC.

There will definitely be a 3rd forum watch in the pipeline :)
that is GREAT news!!! I cant wait. Seeing how great of a watch #2 was, I will definitely be following along here.
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 12 Apr 2016 19:48

I hope my thanks didn't come too late. I wear my SCS OM with massive pride and joy. Thanks again for the grand effort. Ps I saw one of the 50 being sold successfully in Carousell. I was a little disappointed at first, a little betrayed even... But I'm sure that bro has a reason to sell it.

I'm keeping mind as a reminder of me being in a faithful community, and passing down to my Daughter as the watch arrived on her Birth year....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Strap Shine by Dicon: Leather Care for Watch Straps. Nourishes | Waterproofs | Cleans
http://www.leather-care.sg/product/stra ... -by-dicon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Contact: hello@jaspe.com.sg