New section created for Seiko Club Singapore Watch Project

roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 23 May 2012 20:50

Created a separate section to discuss on anything, everything about the project watch....
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
zeikphur

Re: New section created for Seiko Club Singapore Watch Proje

Post by zeikphur » 27 May 2012 15:39

First and foremost, I would like to thank Roo and gang for giving us an opportunity to try on this project. It's not any easy task I might say, but we try our best to meet each and everyone's expectations as well as requirements. But somehow or rather I would like to voice my opinion. I must stress this is not directed to anyone, its just my view on things.

We try to please, but hey it's an impossible task to make everyone happy. Some do some don't. It's a matter of different perceptions each and everyone has. Either we live with or not, it's a choice we have to make. I know some of you might have seen the stuff we came up with and gave your invaluable insights. Probably the opinions that were given could come with your very own design or sketch. It doesn't take skill or years of experience to doodle something out. This would eventually help to give more options for fellow forum members to decide which they like better. Rather than to rely on an individual to come out with various designs.

I believe that there are prolific designers among us, do step out and adorn us with your work please.

I reckon everyone has in mind what they would like to see and hope to have on the dial or the forum logo design. In that case, do tell us or show what you have in mind rather, than we, trying to second guess and hoping to hit the nail after a hundred tries.

Lets put it it this way, a common scenario that most of us go through.
When you ask your wife/girlfriend what she would like for dinner, and she says anything. Thus you went ahead and get the food she might like to have. Eventually when presented, she says why did you get this for her. Then she added, you should have gotten her this or that.

Ultimately, I would also like to add there is no such thing as a perfect forum watch, we can come close but definitely not impeccable. As said, I agree on one point that Bro Triton mentioned. In order for this project to commence, someone has to call the shots. Filter what is and what's not. All things sugar and spice doesn't necessary make everything nice.

A necessary evil but for the greater good.

Pardon me for this but I just have to voice this out.

Cheers
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 27 May 2012 16:07

1st and foremost...
I find no problem with your logo design... no no... this is not carrying balls compliment... but sincerely from my heart.
There's this chinese saying... which to date i still can't find the perfect ch5 idiom to describe. Which is "越简单的东西,越难搞。".
Err... it's like you want to make something simple for all to understand, the more harder it gets figure out...(whoa lau ehh... can any CH5 kakis here help to interpret boh...???)

From ur logo, i can see all 4 different characters S,C,6,5 blends all together in one simple drawing... this can be hard for others to identify, but not me. That's why in the previous threads, what i can comment is fine tuning to the logo with use of color as well as line thickness.

On the subject of the forum logo, the next good one, to date no new contributions came out, can be traced back to the souvenir nato strap we received from the gathering... the SC65 logo. When i look at the S,C blends together, it sorts of remind me of what we may seen from our watches, the regulator. I dunno about other brudders here... but what i see is that. Really another creative design.
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
Astro2212

Post by Astro2212 » 27 May 2012 17:30

Sori can i ask a question???
i lik the dial but aftr c the color i got in mind 2 other watches
1.The seiko 5 dat is use in fff mod
2.a seiko 5 military

So can i use it in either 1 or die die must use skx???
if oni skx than i got 2 mod my skx011 aldy
devil00

Post by devil00 » 27 May 2012 18:25

Astro2212 wrote:Sori can i ask a question???
i lik the dial but aftr c the color i got in mind 2 other watches
1.The seiko 5 dat is use in fff mod
2.a seiko 5 military

So can i use it in either 1 or die die must use skx???
if oni skx than i got 2 mod my skx011 aldy
Currently base on skx case
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 29 May 2012 12:11

guys, any update?
Seiko Club Gathering 2016