Seiko Club Singapore Watch Project Design Feedback Thread

roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 30 May 2012 22:31

Now the design and voting threads are up, to reduce clutter, they will mainly for project updates and votes, so all design feedback comes here.

Voting thread: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3159" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Project Status thread: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3125" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Info:
seiko siao wrote:Let me present to u the designs with all the parts description, for now we will go with choosing the dial and bezel first before we goes to the hands set.

We will finalize the dial,bezel,chapter ring then the hands set then finally whether how many members wants a full watch mods and how many members wants just the dial,bezel,chapter ring and hands set.

But to me to make this a forum watch I will suggest all to use the same watch which is SKX007 to make it uniform all across and looks more like a forum watch.
Designs as below:

Option 1 A & B

Option 1 A
Custom dial,smooth bezel and smooth sliver chapter ring
SC65 logo(in red) at 12 o'clock,date at 4.23 o'clock,SCS wording(in red) & 200m/660ft(in white) at 6 o'clock

Option 1 B
Custom dial,original SKX 007 Bezel and smooth sliver chapter ring
SC65 logo(in red) at 12 o'clock,date at 4.23 o'clock,SCS wording(in red) & 200m/660ft(in white) at 6 o'clock

Option 2 A & B

Option 2 A
SC65 logo(in red) at 12 o'clock,date at 3 o'clock,SCS wording(in red) & 200m/660ft(in white) at 6 o'clock

Option 2 B
SC65 logo(in red) at 12 o'clock,date at 3 o'clock,SCS wording(in red) & 200m/660ft(in white) at 6 o'clock

Option 3 A & B

Option 3 A
SC65 logo(in red) at 12 o'clock,date at 3 o'clock,S.C wording(in White) & water+65resist(in white & red) at 6 o'clock

Option 3 B
SC65 logo(in red) at 12 o'clock,date at 3 o'clock,S.C wording(in White) & water+65resist(in white & red) at 6 o'clock

Option 4 A & B

Option 4 A
SC65 logo(in red) at 12 o'clock,date at 4.23 o'clock,S.C wording(in White) & water+65resist(in white & red) at 9 o'clock

Option 4 B
SC65 logo(in red) at 12 o'clock,date at 4.23 o'clock,S.C wording(in White) & water+65resist(in white & red) at 9 o'clock
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
roo7
IT Superman

Re: Seiko Club Singapore Watch Project Design Feedback Threa

Post by roo7 » 30 May 2012 23:23

No feedbacks ????

Then I take the first shot as I'm really torn between a few designs.

I really dig the Option 2 round hour markers, very nice touch. Then I like the text layout of Option 4 as the normal text placement is very standard and safe but the date window at 4 don't balance well with the text at 9.

Argh.. gonna be a tough choice.
Not as active.
devil00

Post by devil00 » 30 May 2012 23:28

Very subjective but I feel 4A is unique in its way due to position of wordings and smooth bezel :D 1 vote nia so cast properly ah... Forum director :)
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 30 May 2012 23:30

... nama.. forcing me..... lol
Not as active.
big-e-294

Post by big-e-294 » 31 May 2012 01:00

The text position, logo placement and date window layout is nicely placed I feel for 4a.
Add in SUS hands, I think will be real winner!
Something unique from other standard dial layout.

However, it would be more "balanced" if the [3] hr marker was same size like the [9]

Will the logo be red lumed? :D
watchlooker

Post by watchlooker » 31 May 2012 08:21

Guys... since the dial are to be mounted into a SKX case, may I remind you that there is a minute chapter ring so all the dial designs will look busy in it. Of course, you can still source for a plain flat black chapter ring from yobokie but the overall cost will be more.

So, may I suggest do away with the minute markers on the dial. Just my one cents..... ;)
zeikphur

Post by zeikphur » 31 May 2012 08:44

Bro watchlooker, we did take in consideration of the original chapter ring with markers, which is why will probably use a matt or polished one instead. Whereas said, the polish chapter ring might be better as it will cast a reflection of the dial's min markers, which might look quite stunning :) cheers
seiko siao

Post by seiko siao » 31 May 2012 08:46

watchlooker wrote:Guys... since the dial are to be mounted into a SKX case, may I remind you that there is a minute chapter ring so all the dial designs will look busy in it. Of course, you can still source for a plain flat black chapter ring from yobokie but the overall cost will be more.

So, may I suggest do away with the minute markers on the dial. Just my one cents..... ;)
bro, we know the min chapter ring will make the dial designed look busy that's why we insist on a smooth chapter ring.

Wist List
IWC IW377709 or IW377719
Panerai PAM 111
Seiko MM300 SDBX001 or SBDX012
Tudor Blackbay Bronze 79250BM
Omega Speedmaster 311.30.42.30.01.005
Longines Legend Diver L3.674.4.50.0
watchlooker

Post by watchlooker » 31 May 2012 11:19

zeikphur wrote:Bro watchlooker, we did take in consideration of the original chapter ring with markers, which is why will probably use a matt or polished one instead. Whereas said, the polish chapter ring might be better as it will cast a reflection of the dial's min markers, which might look quite stunning :) cheers
seiko siao wrote: bro, we know the min chapter ring will make the dial designed look busy that's why we insist on a smooth chapter ring.

I see and noted!

In my opinion, for dressy style the dial with minute markers is all ok with smooth chapter ring and smooth bezel. However, it is not nice in a diver style. Which is why, I draft the dial without the minute markers in the other thread to kick start the idea.

Of course, all your hard works and efforts are very much appreciated. It is a tough job to come out with a forum dial which can appease to everybody. If I gonna chose, option 2 12 marker, option 4 9 wordings.... that's it. ;)
fireal

Post by fireal » 31 May 2012 15:14

can we set up a poll instead of voting via replies ... and limit each legit user to one vote
Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't
own it, but you can use it. You can't keep
it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it
you can never get it back.
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 31 May 2012 15:47

Poll results can't see which member voted. :(

Sent from my iPhone
Not as active.
Evirobie

Post by Evirobie » 05 Jun 2012 10:36

big-e-294 wrote:The text position, logo placement and date window layout is nicely placed I feel for 4a.
Add in SUS hands, I think will be real winner!
Something unique from other standard dial layout.

However, it would be more "balanced" if the [3] hr marker was same size like the [9]

Will the logo be red lumed? :D
Yesh! 4a with SUS hands. =P
devil00

Post by devil00 » 05 Jun 2012 11:20

Bro.. Post at voting thread :)
big-e-294

Post by big-e-294 » 06 Jun 2012 18:16

4B looks good too... but it seems everyone is going for the more conservative 2B :(

oh well.. i'll still support! :D
herzausstahl

Post by herzausstahl » 07 Jun 2012 23:40

I know it is too late to give feedback, but I think most of the designs look really great :) Personal preference is for 1B, and I will use a black date wheel like in the SKX171. So from far the dial maybe can look no-date, and have some symmetry. :) I like the lollipops of 2B, but I already have a lot of divers' with such indices.

Nevertheless, will support any outcome :)
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 10 Jun 2012 12:34

Can I check if the SUS hands are correct ?

Just thinking the second hand should be thicker.... :lol: The ones shown like very thin...
Not as active.
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 10 Jun 2012 12:57

Seiko Club Gathering 2016
sawungkampret

Post by sawungkampret » 10 Jun 2012 17:27

lunarin79 wrote:Image
bro lunarin, the second hand for SUS option in the voting thread is the same like in this picture? because according the picture in the voting thread, the second hand looks like very thin line :)
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 10 Jun 2012 17:42

sawungkampret wrote:
lunarin79 wrote:Image
bro lunarin, the second hand for SUS option in the voting thread is the same like in this picture? because according the picture in the voting thread, the second hand looks like very thin line :)
i think it shld be this hands if the committee members are getting from yobokies

the secondhand from the rendered pics are for illustration aids i believe

maybe they can clarify for you? :mrgreen:
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
zeikphur

Post by zeikphur » 10 Jun 2012 19:21

roo7 wrote:Can I check if the SUS hands are correct ?

Just thinking the second hand should be thicker.... :lol: The ones shown like very thin...
Sorry bros, Tried to juxtapose to some references which I found from the net as I do not have the exact specification of the hands :-) more or less, its at least 90% of the look intended. :mrgreen: