All about gadgets - Smartphones, Tablets, Consoles anything!

General chit chat and off topics
Ed.YEO

Re: All about gadgets - Smartphones, Tablets, Consoles anyth

Post by Ed.YEO » 25 Jan 2014 14:51

Matthew1984 wrote:I had this phone for a while. Works nicely!
Yep... with some customization, this phone will be user friendly to old folks.

The camera produces a mix bag of quality, depending on the surrounding lighting conditions.
Pictures shown, all taken with the NOKIA LUMIA 525.
Photo scene/lighting setting @ Auto, ISO200.
Note that all pictures are cropped to 7x5 ratio to cut down on the data size for upload to another forum.

All pictures taken last evening.

It seems that there a hidden HDR lighting compensation that, affects the picture quality in numbers of shots.
However, there's no way to disable that, except adjusting the exposure level down one level.
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
bofff

Post by bofff » 08 Feb 2014 16:38

Wow. Nice photos. Usually all pictures taken by phone ceras at evening look crappy. This not. Does Lumia have fast burst function?
Andoy

Post by Andoy » 07 Mar 2014 07:26

Xiaomi Mi3 not quite a stunner - TODAY newspaper

Available online S$419 w/o contract.

Good morning SCS! :mrgreen:
chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 03 Jun 2014 12:41

Hi

Anyone use the Huawei Honor 3x, how is it?
KKFA

Post by KKFA » 03 Jun 2014 13:23

chriscentro wrote:Hi

Anyone use the Huawei Honor 3x, how is it?
Played with one for a while. I find the phone not as snappy as I am used to. But overall from my short experience is 8k, can do. But I guess mileage varies with user as I tend to be a very light user..
Cheers.
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 08 Jun 2014 23:00

Just hooted a Xperia M2 with a Mcard worth $18. Very VFM! No need 7 blue bills!
Customization takes some time though... If for old folks usage.
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 09 Jun 2014 01:15

Ed.YEO wrote:Hooted a PHILIPS soundbar yesterday during PHILIPS Carnival...
almost perfect in sound and vision performance.
okies wrote:http://www.fitbit.com/force

Anyone using this??
Seamonster wrote:Anyone got the new retina ipad mini?
Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 09 Jun 2014 01:18

Ed.YEO wrote:Just hooted a Xperia M2 with a Mcard worth $18. Very VFM! No need 7 blue bills!
think I'll get the M2 next month
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 09 Jun 2014 01:51

chriscentro wrote:
Ed.YEO wrote:Just hooted a Xperia M2 with a Mcard worth $18. Very VFM! No need 7 blue bills!
think I'll get the M2 next month
By next month... you'll be spoilt of choices... RedMi 1s will be released by then, so as Nokia's XL(priced very competitive @ under 300), and... i guess OPPO's Find5mini or HTC 816 price going to drop?
By the way... shoul you're interest with Mi3, Singtel seems to be offering the most budget friendly package @ $350 which doesn't consist a compulsory purchase of an additional prepaid card...

Anyway...
@ $308 with a $18 prepaid card inclusive... With LTE, NFC, Qualcomm CPU, 4.8 inch screen, 2300mah batt(non removable though), 8mpx cam... What more can i ask?
The only gripe i have on this piece... the glossy back, a damn finger print magnet, no matter which color you choose. Black, Purple or White... duh...

All pix captured in 2mpx setting... flash off...

By using the camera's default settings in all auto, flash off, ISO auto... lots of lighting glares...

However, when the ISO set to 800... glares lightened...
colors still... duh...
chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 10 Jun 2014 13:00

I may wana get the Sony T2 Ultra later today.
Any bro using it?
TheChef

Post by TheChef » 10 Jun 2014 13:18

Check out Redmi if you need a phone with a good camera. Not saying anybody's pic not nice.
"Please touch your own favorite watch with your kind heart and love forever." - Ikuo Tokunaga, Chief Designer of SEIKO Dive Watches and Sports Watches
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 10 Jun 2014 20:38

My mi3 autofocus damn fast, so fast sometimes the picture turns out blur...duh

Any way to off the super fast autofocus?? Lol
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 10 Jun 2014 22:09

TheChef wrote:Check out Redmi if you need a phone with a good camera. Not saying anybody's pic not nice.
I am looking forward to RedMi 1s. However... yesterday ever since i tried and compared my M2 against colleague's Oppo Find5mini... M2 loose out in dark area photography...
chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 12 Jun 2014 07:17

I bought the Sony T2 in the end. Considered the LG G Pro but no more stock.

First impression is good except for low light photos.
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 13 Jun 2014 09:10

72 full hours of usage which inclusive of 4G standby for total 30hrs, rest of 42hrs under 3G consist of total usage time of web browsing- 2hrs, talk time- 30mins, 7 or 8 SMSes, and total 8hrs of FM reception.
chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 14 Jun 2014 09:30

shot with Sony T2
took this effect by mistake, turn out not bad, lol
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 14 Jun 2014 12:29

chriscentro wrote:shot with Sony T2
took this effect by mistake, turn out not bad, lol
The internals of all spark..

Shouted across the road.
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
softup

Post by softup » 14 Jun 2014 14:12

Hoot this for my daughter :D

Ed.YEO

The MOTOROLA X(not the 2014 version), will be the last...

Post by Ed.YEO » 09 Sep 2014 08:52

...model in local market that's fully assembled in U.S. of America...
More pics here...
http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/11/47177 ... -x-factory" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ed.YEO

[Unboxing]- Close Encounter of a Berry Touchy Kind...

Post by Ed.YEO » 09 Sep 2014 12:38

The official announcement and release of Z3 to the local market was made roughly 2 week ago. However not really much of the retailers carries the stocks except one of the telco have it exclusively then. The list price was too high @ $288 to fight against other makes in the market that, which although does not packed with the exclusive O.S. but impressive hardware specs at much lower prices that majority of smartphone users in the small tropical island could not resist...

When it was put out for sale, terms and conditions applies... well... like most had guessed it, to reach a much lower price, one will have to sign a 2 year contract with the telco, which their contract is worth much more than $250(or so...), and it is also a penalty figure to those who terminates the contract earlier, should they "fall in love" with another handset model in the future.
What a price to pay for a budget class Z3 in the Berry family...

2 weeks later, the telco put this model out for sale, as a prepaid bundle phone with prepaid card. Totally contract free, at a price which i finally cannot resist... @ $263 with a prepaid SIM card with about $18 worth of value( http://www.starhub.com/content/starhub/ ... bb-z3.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ). Upon seeing this offer advertisement, i made up my mind to get one, even though my thoughts had fall onto a budget Indian brand make back during the last weekend...

Here... the Singapore Region release...

In comparison to others, Singapore version release is packed with all English quick start guide as well as device safety information. Oh yeah... not to forget, when startup, the English language was set default to U.K English, not U.S...

The charger is a UK 3pin charger, together with the earpiece that's the same model as Z10, as well as the USB cable- which i had cross referenced with other BB Micro-USB cable model numbers, from STORM to 9860 to Z10... seems to be a different model. Perhaps better improvement in charging current resistence? Or perhaps other stuff?

Basically there's nothing much more to touch on on the O.S. The screen is much bigger than Z10 as well as 9860, so as STORM 2. Camera resolution looses out to Z10. Z10 also lack of the FM radio tuning function(...what can we say about the Qualcomm fitted Z10s... Those with Texas Instrument CPUs folks are really blessed...)
So without further ado... the family of the Qualcomms. From the first touch to the last...i mean latest touch.

When the touches are placed together... we see a picture of development in BB Touch devices. From chunky to sleeky...

That's it folks... a simple introduction... and a simple grunt from a BB fan...
Let's look forward for those concepts to happen!