All about gadgets - Smartphones, Tablets, Consoles anything!

General chit chat and off topics
sellwatch

Re: All about gadgets - Smartphones, Tablets, Consoles anyth

Post by sellwatch » 23 Aug 2013 15:22

Just hooted the awkward nexus 7 2013 tablet. Waiting for it to arrive.
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 24 Aug 2013 12:24

Wa...Waah...
No wonder everybody around my office is talking about this... too bad... by the time it reaches SG... will be beaten out by other competitors.
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
Diospada

Post by Diospada » 26 Aug 2013 14:34

Ed.YEO wrote:Image
Wa...Waah...
No wonder everybody around my office is talking about this... too bad... by the time it reaches SG... will be beaten out by other competitors.
Too bad that the customisation options are only for the US.
oscarwarez

Post by oscarwarez » 10 Oct 2013 09:55

What do you guys think of the first curved OLED screen for smartphones...introducing the Samsung Galaxy Round released only so far in Korea :smile:

Too sad though that you have to pay a premium for the curved phone and display..retails at $1000 USD :cry:

http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/08/sams ... axy-round/
Diospada

Post by Diospada » 10 Oct 2013 17:13

oscarwarez wrote:What do you guys think of the first curved OLED screen for smartphones...introducing the Samsung Galaxy Round released only so far in Korea :smile:

Too sad though that you have to pay a premium for the curved phone and display..retails at $1000 USD :cry:

http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/08/sams ... axy-round/
What are the advantages of having a curved screen?

Sent from my GT-N5120 using Tapatalk now Free
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 10 Oct 2013 17:31

Diospada wrote:What are the advantages of having a curved screen?
One of the advantage I can see the "bend-able" screen can offer to products using LCD screens can be implement into different form factors. Such as... the concepts below...
or... a much curvier this...

I'm wondering, since the screen is soft and can bend... can it take direct impacts if fallen onto hard ground?
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
sellwatch

Post by sellwatch » 10 Oct 2013 22:45

It is not soft or bendable at the moment. The curve screen provide an ergonomic touch when u hold it and the screen being curves sort of Sucks you in when viewing.
zeikphur

Post by zeikphur » 11 Oct 2013 15:10

Not to mention, a closer shave lol
sellwatch

Post by sellwatch » 11 Oct 2013 17:23

zeikphur wrote:Not to mention, a closer shave lol
anti irritation on skin also? :D :D
big-e-294

Post by big-e-294 » 12 Oct 2013 11:35

I guess if it's not flat then ur screen won't be scratched so easily when placed face down??

Sent from The Force
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 12 Oct 2013 15:04

The curve screen should blend well into such form factor where one end plugs to the ear well for good noise cancellation, and another end close to the mouth... :mrgreen:
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 20 Oct 2013 16:08

Users of XiaoMi 2 might want to take closer monitor on the temperature of your set when charging...
http://mobile.discuss.com.hk/viewthread ... ra=&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 20 Oct 2013 21:37

Hmm... i wonder how does this guy manage to get 2% discharge over 7+ hours.
In his post, he mentioned that the phone was unplugged from charger before he goes to bed. No notifications to any of his social media comes in during his sleep, 4G all the while. His mobile is Xperia Z.
I don't get such a result even if set my phone auto on/off with a 5hrs break. Does underclock CPU helps this much?
ckw

Post by ckw » 22 Oct 2013 19:05

I under clock my z1 as taught by xda forum as my phone heats up very fast and batt drain out too quickly.

after under clocking, the heating and batt life issues does improve a bit, but not very significant...maybe around 30% improvement...

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 24 Oct 2013 01:35

Only if PHILIPS can re-enter the mobile market again...
5 inch full HD screen, MTK6589t platform with quad core 1.5ghz cpu, high-mega pixel cam, and most importantly, a beefy 3300mah removable battery to compliment the 5 inch screen. Duh...
http://gadgetsgeek.net/2013/10/01/phili ... ons-price/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.letsgomobile.org/en/cellular ... lipsw8560/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://detail.zol.com.cn/cell_phone/index362793.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I guess have to look for other brands in the market for the above specs.
No local seller... can only be bought from EBAY so far...from HK seller. Quite pricey though...
http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Philips-Xeni ... 19e334ce67" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Ed.YEO on 04 Nov 2013 06:18, edited 1 time in total.
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 29 Oct 2013 15:45

Diospada wrote:Waiting for Moto X if it comes to SIngapore.
Well... after a long neck 3mths wait... MOTOROLA finally make the announcement to let X loose, without getting string by telcos.
http://www.gsmarena.com/moto_x_gets_tre ... s-7075.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Diospada

Post by Diospada » 29 Oct 2013 19:28

Ed.YEO wrote:
Diospada wrote:Waiting for Moto X if it comes to SIngapore.
Well... after a long neck 3mths wait... MOTOROLA finally make the announcement to let X loose, without getting string by telcos.
http://www.gsmarena.com/moto_x_gets_tre ... s-7075.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Its not available with singapore telcos yet right? With the announcement of the nexus 5 seemingly round the corner and festive seasons. There may be expectations of further price cuts.

I have been wanting to change phones for a year but still made up my mind yet

oscarwarez

Post by oscarwarez » 30 Oct 2013 13:12

LG announces, as what it claims, the first real curved smartphone :smile: And it comes with a Wolverine-like self-healing coating, whatever that means :shock:

http://www.lgnewsroom.com/newsroom/contents/63988
Diospada

Post by Diospada » 31 Oct 2013 01:18

I think Samsung is the first. They beat LG by a few days with official announcement. It seems like a bent G2 but will be curiousto see how much the curves it has

Malo

Post by Malo » 31 Oct 2013 11:32

Guess very soon both LG & Samsung going to produce curves tv set too.