(Help) Need intro

General chit chat and off topics
iV3RsOn

(Help) Need intro

Post by iV3RsOn » 16 Sep 2013 18:49

dear kor kor and zeh zeh, need ur intro for watches...

26 yrs old this year and i need some recommendations... looking for watch between $1k to $2k....

wan brands that are more recognizable.... i know this is seiko forum but this time round feel like trying non-seiko de.... no quartz pls....

i am ok with pre owned...

thanks all and pls dun bash or flame me....

jus need some opinions nia....

oh ya, dress or diver or chronograph all ok
ivan
HULK

Re: (Help) Need intro

Post by ivan » 16 Sep 2013 18:56

Tag heuer
omega seamaster
Sinn U1

All the best
May the Force be with you
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 16 Sep 2013 19:06

iV3RsOn wrote:dear kor kor and zeh zeh, need ur intro for watches...

26 yrs old this year and i need some recommendations... looking for watch between $1k to $2k....

wan brands that are more recognizable.... i know this is seiko forum but this time round feel like trying non-seiko de.... no quartz pls....

I just saw a blue tissot seastar. Pretty nice. Was surprised list price is 1.3k. After discount should be able to get below 1k. If not, then steinhart definitely one of the best value for money today

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
iV3RsOn

Post by iV3RsOn » 16 Sep 2013 19:09

ivan wrote:Tag heuer
omega seamaster
Sinn U1

All the best
Omega Seamaster?!?!?!?! SIC plsssss
ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 16 Sep 2013 20:29

I kept seeing omega seamaster popping up at local marketplaces hovering high 1plus to 2plus.

You just keep a lookout bah.
Dont be rushed and you should be able to snap up 1 at your comfortable price point.

All the best.
Cheers

david.tan

Post by david.tan » 16 Sep 2013 21:51

there are many brands u can consider, myself i started with my 1st swiss watch which is Ball diver, they comes in reasonable price and unique useful lume

other wise may try longines for their master collection for dressy watch

if you are not too sure about watches i would not sugg you go for secondhand just in case you face any issue if the watch comes without warranty

lastly, go hunt around (that the best part of watch collecting) and look for something that attract u the most, good luck ! :)
iV3RsOn

Post by iV3RsOn » 16 Sep 2013 22:33

Too many chpices thats y started this thread...
8-) 8-)
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 16 Sep 2013 23:04

Sinn U1

Fortis B42

Fortis Square

Movado Red Label Auto

Omega SMP midsize 36mm. I tink the full size 41mmwill exceed 2k even for preowned
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
Solanum88

Post by Solanum88 » 16 Sep 2013 23:21

If you want something more recognizable then :

A preowned Longines Legend Diver will be right around the higher end of your budget

Used Omega Seamaster/Speedmaster automatic (the 39mm versions)/Ball Hydrocarbon (Usually 1.8k-2k region)

Brand New: Certain Ball/Longines/Tag Heuer Models. Notable ones would be the Longines Hydroconquest or Ball Fireman Racer.

Else:
Damasko, Sinn, Stowa

Honest opinion :
The Longines Legend Diver has long lugs that might not be suitable for everyone.
The Omega Seamaster is pretty dated in design and the Speedmaster automatic can be costly to service (around 1/4 your purchase price).
The Hydroconquest and Fireman racer are nice but if you worry about resale then both perform quite badly in that area.
Tag Heuer... well I am not a fan of the brand.

Seiko/Ball and the German brands mentioned offer more bang for the buck at that price point. ;)
iV3RsOn

Post by iV3RsOn » 17 Sep 2013 11:05

lunarin79 wrote:Sinn U1

Fortis B42

Fortis Square

Movado Red Label Auto

Omega SMP midsize 36mm. I tink the full size 41mmwill exceed 2k even for preowned
CEO, Fortis B42 got white colour full lume dial de can SIC or not???

my CFO complain Sinn U1 very ugly.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

bui bui like me cannot fit 36mm... 7 inches wrist very ugly
oscarwarez

Post by oscarwarez » 17 Sep 2013 11:42

I believe a new Tissot Visodate or a Hamilton Jazz Master would fit the lower end of the budget :smile:
Diospada

Post by Diospada » 17 Sep 2013 13:07

Its still quit a big range. Is there any other criteria or requirements?

Sent from my GT-N5120 using Tapatalk 2
chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 17 Sep 2013 13:49

How much is the Fortis B42?
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 17 Sep 2013 13:52

iV3RsOn wrote:...looking for watch between $1k to $2k....wan brands that are more recognizable....
RECONIZABLE = Heavily Advertised brands

Watches that makes attentions turn on to them, doesn't depends much on the name of the label where sometime, the font size of the names can be too little to be identified by the others.

LOGOs may play a certain part in capturing other peoples attention, then follow by their urge to know what's that piece on your wrist, belonging to which range, or what kind of specs does it pack.

TAG have a good moderate sized logo, that sure makes eyes turns onto your wrist. But some of their watches with moderate specs could hit more than your 2k mark.
LONGINES logo is quite recognizable to most folks out there. Expect your noob colleague in the office to pop the question to you, when you have a watch with wing-ed logo on the dial, "Whoa! Longines ya... how much huh?" Longines have quite some numbers of models falls under 2k mark.
So as the "horseshoe" OMEGA. But to hunt for one falls under the 2k mark... takes some effort. You'll not know how many time it may have been flipped as well.
One brand that may not have been mentioned here, is RADO. They have a few mechanical models in their range have the "rotatable" Anchor logo, but barely noticeable. Some models only have the name RADO printed on the dial, quite large and recognizable, so as their bracelet and case design.
Also not to miss... HAMILTON. But, some time it may draw some kind of weird reactions... such as "Army issue one huh?" Quite a number of models falls under 2k range.
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
big-e-294

Post by big-e-294 » 17 Sep 2013 16:49

Ed.YEO wrote:
iV3RsOn wrote:...looking for watch between $1k to $2k....wan brands that are more recognizable....
RECONIZABLE = Heavily Advertised brands

Watches that makes attentions turn on to them, doesn't depends much on the name of the label where sometime, the font size of the names can be too little to be identified by the others.

LOGOs may play a certain part in capturing other peoples attention, then follow by their urge to know what's that piece on your wrist, belonging to which range, or what kind of specs does it pack.

TAG have a good moderate sized logo, that sure makes eyes turns onto your wrist. But some of their watches with moderate specs could hit more than your 2k mark.
LONGINES logo is quite recognizable to most folks out there. Expect your noob colleague in the office to pop the question to you, when you have a watch with wing-ed logo on the dial, "Whoa! Longines ya... how much huh?" Longines have quite some numbers of models falls under 2k mark.
So as the "horseshoe" OMEGA. But to hunt for one falls under the 2k mark... takes some effort. You'll not know how many time it may have been flipped as well.
One brand that may not have been mentioned here, is RADO. They have a few mechanical models in their range have the "rotatable" Anchor logo, but barely noticeable. Some models only have the name RADO printed on the dial, quite large and recognizable, so as their bracelet and case design.
Also not to miss... HAMILTON. But, some time it may draw some kind of weird reactions... such as "Army issue one huh?" Quite a number of models falls under 2k range.
Makes sense.
Good advice bro

Sent from The Force
big-e-294

Post by big-e-294 » 17 Sep 2013 17:00

Is it for your job?
How recognizable do you need it to be?
What's the nature of ur job? Office? Outdoor? Sporty? Dressy?

Sent from The Force
iV3RsOn

Post by iV3RsOn » 17 Sep 2013 17:04

put it this way, for u guys, which brands or models u all would go for??? maybe between $1500 to $2000???

like that den i can slim down the choices...

for now, i believe omega is out unless i go for speedmaster reduced....
iV3RsOn

Post by iV3RsOn » 17 Sep 2013 17:06

big-e-294 wrote:

Is it for your job?
How recognizable do you need it to be?
What's the nature of ur job? Office? Outdoor? Sporty? Dressy?

Sent from The Force
Office job but i prefer to hav metal bracelet...

for now, i think need to eliminate Fortis B42 cos i got Laco Type A liao.... looks too similar :lol: :lol: :lol:
Solanum88

Post by Solanum88 » 17 Sep 2013 17:25

I would hunt for one of these preowned.
I think the patented crown lock and the 12,9,6 arabic tritium tubes make it distinctly Ball even from a distant if that is what you are after.
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 18 Sep 2013 11:06

Preowned Omega Speedmaster reduced, can be had for less than 2k, classic design in smaller size...or preowned Omeaga Seamaster Quartz 41mm should be less than 2k if can find in local market place or...many many choices la..oh wait can also hoot Grand Seiko (which is not Seiko) Quartz preowned for within your budget?
I want to be a one watch guy!!