(Help) Need intro

General chit chat and off topics
big-e-294

Re: (Help) Need intro

Post by big-e-294 » 18 Sep 2013 11:30

balzebub71 wrote:Preowned Omega Speedmaster reduced, can be had for less than 2k, classic design in smaller size...or preowned Omeaga Seamaster Quartz 41mm should be less than 2k if can find in local market place or...many many choices la..oh wait can also hoot Grand Seiko (which is not Seiko) Quartz preowned for within your budget?
Grand Seiko is Seiko.

Sent from The Force
feilong108

Post by feilong108 » 18 Sep 2013 11:55

Try Longines Legend Diver with or without date...

Looks very classy....most non wises will know the Brand....not too small...not too thick..can wear with shirt and pants plus tie or tshirt and shorts plus flipflops with the easy change of straps...

Just my own suggestion....Hope it help in your decision for your watch quest.
iV3RsOn

Post by iV3RsOn » 18 Sep 2013 12:09

balzebub71 wrote:Preowned Omega Speedmaster reduced, can be had for less than 2k, classic design in smaller size...or preowned Omeaga Seamaster Quartz 41mm should be less than 2k if can find in local market place or...many many choices la..oh wait can also hoot Grand Seiko (which is not Seiko) Quartz preowned for within your budget?
not alot pple know how to appreciate Grand Seiko... jin emo
big-e-294

Post by big-e-294 » 18 Sep 2013 12:50

iV3RsOn wrote:
As long as the wearer appreciate its all that matters right?
;)

Sent from The Force
Diospada

Post by Diospada » 18 Sep 2013 14:33

Most watches members have mentioned would fall under the Swatch group. Hamilton, Tissot, Longines, Rado have brand presence which would be in line with your requirements.

I would think federique constant, maurice lacroix and raymond weil has something to offer within your budget.

What would the members here think?

Sent from my GT-N5120 using Tapatalk 2
iV3RsOn

Post by iV3RsOn » 18 Sep 2013 16:04

big-e-294 wrote:
iV3RsOn wrote:
;)

Sent from The Force
next time when got enuff ammo sure hoot GS de...
iV3RsOn

Post by iV3RsOn » 18 Sep 2013 16:09

Diospada wrote:Most watches members have mentioned would fall under the Swatch group. Hamilton, Tissot, Longines, Rado have brand presence which would be in line with your requirements.

I would think federique constant, maurice lacroix and raymond weil has something to offer within your budget.

Sent from my GT-N5120 using Tapatalk 2
these 3 brands can SIC??? pre owned also can...

oh ya, i dun like small secs de....

btw, u all think these 2 is ke yi ma???

http://www.sg-roc.com/threads/116971-WT ... er+wfa2011

http://www.sg-roc.com/threads/117111-WT ... s+longines
big-e-294

Post by big-e-294 » 18 Sep 2013 16:59

iV3RsOn wrote:
big-e-294 wrote:
;)

Sent from The Force
:D

Sent from The Force
KKFA

Post by KKFA » 18 Sep 2013 17:23

big-e-294 wrote:
iV3RsOn wrote:
;)

Sent from The Force
+1 my friend.
KKFA

Post by KKFA » 18 Sep 2013 17:27

iV3RsOn wrote:
big-e-294 wrote:
;)

Sent from The Force
Only if you like it as most people will only see it as a Seiko. If you can really appreciate the GS just stop buying say 2 to 3 pieces at 2k each, you should be a able to grab one. Happy hunting.
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 18 Sep 2013 17:49

big-e-294 wrote:
Grand Seiko is Seiko.
Umm I meant GS is not your run of the mill seiko...

Sent from The Force
I want to be a one watch guy!!
Solanum88

Post by Solanum88 » 18 Sep 2013 18:11

Diospada wrote:

FC and ML are definately very under appreciated brands. Not a fan of RW though, it's association with timekeeping on tv in the 90s gives me a very ah pek vibe to the name :lol:
big-e-294

Post by big-e-294 » 18 Sep 2013 18:41

balzebub71 wrote:
big-e-294 wrote:
Grand Seiko is Seiko.
Umm I meant GS is not your run of the mill seiko...

Sent from The Force
Thx for clarifying. I misunderstood. Sorry

Sent from The Force
iV3RsOn

Post by iV3RsOn » 22 Sep 2013 17:19

haiz, still cannot make up my mind... dun intend to flip my watches at all thats y i make sure my every purchase is really the one i like...

BUT,

:shock:

I LIKE ALL!!!!!
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 22 Sep 2013 18:52

Should you had read back on all the previous replies you get, LONGINES gets suggested positively, because it is a brand that even noobs around you will use it to compare with TAG HEUER(which a certain numbers of the noobs will "regard" as high-ends) straightly. It's not too high-end like the big 3s that you and others can name, it's not too basic and low-end like TISSOT.

To draw attentions onto your watch, may some time not about the name. The looks of the watch plays a part as well. LONGINES Master Collection can do that, so as their other lines. The logo itself is oredi an eye catcher.

Skip those that may sound too French.
1. they're just too out of your budget highest mark.
2. name too long, hard to pronounce, hard to get the noobs to read out loud.
3. looks are just not so unique, some of em' may get mistaken as TISSOT.
4. to the ladies around in your office, any french names cannot fight with CARTIER, LOUIS VUITTON or HERMES.
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
iV3RsOn

Post by iV3RsOn » 22 Sep 2013 19:27

Ed.YEO wrote:Should you had read back on all the previous replies you get, LONGINES gets suggested positively, because it is a brand that even noobs around you will use it to compare with TAG HEUER(which a certain numbers of the noobs will "regard" as high-ends) straightly. It's not too high-end like the big 3s that you and others can name, it's not too basic and low-end like TISSOT.

To draw attentions onto your watch, may some time not about the name. The looks of the watch plays a part as well. LONGINES Master Collection can do that, so as their other lines. The logo itself is oredi an eye catcher.

Skip those that may sound too French.
1. they're just too out of your budget highest mark.
2. name too long, hard to pronounce, hard to get the noobs to read out loud.
3. looks are just not so unique, some of em' may get mistaken as TISSOT.
4. to the ladies around in your office, any french names cannot fight with CARTIER, LOUIS VUITTON or HERMES.
Thanks Ed kor kor, this post cracks me up as I'm still in office at this timing...

:lol:
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 22 Sep 2013 20:19

iV3RsOn wrote:haiz, still cannot make up my mind... dun intend to flip my watches at all thats y i make sure my every purchase is really the one i like...

BUT,

I LIKE ALL!!!!!
Buy flip buy flip is normal, we are all fickle minded creatures and for me wife demands that I keep my number of watches within a certain number...
I want to be a one watch guy!!
iV3RsOn

Post by iV3RsOn » 25 Sep 2013 12:17

balzebub71 wrote:
iV3RsOn wrote:haiz, still cannot make up my mind... dun intend to flip my watches at all thats y i make sure my every purchase is really the one i like...

BUT,

I LIKE ALL!!!!!
Buy flip buy flip is normal, we are all fickle minded creatures and for me wife demands that I keep my number of watches within a certain number...
no lah, i promised myself not to flip any watches i bought... thats y i limit myself 1 watch per year and mus be the 1 i really like it....

anyway, who can SIC Longines Master lobang???? pre owned also can... :D :D :D
iV3RsOn

Post by iV3RsOn » 18 Oct 2013 14:17

http://www.sg-roc.com/threads/117725-FS ... rono/page2

u all think this 1 is ke yi ma for the price???