Photography

General chit chat and off topics
ckw

Re: Photography

Post by ckw » 05 Feb 2015 23:40

A quick photo while crossing a bridge in Yangon

ImageYangon, on Flickr
Last edited by ckw on 19 Feb 2015 14:53, edited 1 time in total.
hisokaka

Post by hisokaka » 06 Feb 2015 20:53

view from my home

chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 14 Feb 2015 12:29

chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 23 Feb 2015 15:43

SIC, just bought this 90l Samurai dry cabinet at Gain City, offer at $288 but I asked for more discount, so ended paying $270 for it. It's really a good deal.
TheChef

Post by TheChef » 24 Feb 2015 22:13

chriscentro wrote:SIC, just bought this 90l Samurai dry cabinet at Gain City, offer at $288 but I asked for more discount, so ended paying $270 for it. It's really a good deal.
Bro, later oil inside watch all dry up how arghk? What is your humidity setting?
"Please touch your own favorite watch with your kind heart and love forever." - Ikuo Tokunaga, Chief Designer of SEIKO Dive Watches and Sports Watches
traineract

Post by traineract » 01 Mar 2015 23:40

Hi all! I thinking of getting a prosumer camera for street and watch photography. Not sure what to get but was at best denki and they intro me this model.

Like to seek your advice!

http://www.casio-intl.com/asia-mea/en/dc/ex_100/
traineract

Post by traineract » 01 Mar 2015 23:46

Just to add. I'm a newbie at photography so maybe thinking of starting with a cheap one to learn and fiddle around first
chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 02 Mar 2015 05:59

TheChef wrote:
chriscentro wrote:SIC, just bought this 90l Samurai dry cabinet at Gain City, offer at $288 but I asked for more discount, so ended paying $270 for it. It's really a good deal.
Bro, later oil inside watch all dry up how arghk? What is your humidity setting?
You have a point there, I set it at 47. I just thought it's a convenient and safe place to put my watches.
As there is not much info on the internet on storing watches in dry cabinet, I sent Ablogtowatch this question in their "Ask Us Anything", hope it get answered.
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 02 Mar 2015 07:18

Well if they are water proof. They won't dry up since you can't really "suck" out the humidity from there. (I assume air can't move in and out lol)

Anyway I had a watch that fog at the crystal, l left it inside for a week with crown opened, case back opened.

It doesn't help at all.

Via a mobile device
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
TheChef

Post by TheChef » 02 Mar 2015 10:16

chriscentro wrote:
TheChef wrote:
You have a point there, I set it at 47. I just thought it's a convenient and safe place to put my watches.
As there is not much info on the internet on storing watches in dry cabinet, I sent Ablogtowatch this question in their "Ask Us Anything", hope it get answered.
I think if you set at 47% should be alright. Still within tolerance limit. In fact, it may be good for watches to be kept out of our humid climate, which may cause fogging under crystal.
"Please touch your own favorite watch with your kind heart and love forever." - Ikuo Tokunaga, Chief Designer of SEIKO Dive Watches and Sports Watches
Evirobie

Post by Evirobie » 02 Mar 2015 13:09

traineract wrote:Hi all! I thinking of getting a prosumer camera for street and watch photography. Not sure what to get but was at best denki and they intro me this model.

Maybe can take a look at Panasonic LX100 if budget allows.
chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 02 Mar 2015 13:41

traineract wrote:Hi all! I thinking of getting a prosumer camera for street and watch photography. Not sure what to get but was at best denki and they intro me this model.

How much is that? If it's near $1000 might as well buy a mirroless cam like the Sony A6000 or Olympus EM10.
traineract

Post by traineract » 02 Mar 2015 14:02

chriscentro wrote:

How much is that? If it's near $1000 might as well buy a mirroless cam like the Sony A6000 or Olympus EM10.
Thanks bros for the intro. I go check out the models u all suggested first. The casio is 799 after discount plus some freebies like casio edifice, tripod etc.
TheChef

Post by TheChef » 02 Mar 2015 14:14

traineract wrote:
chriscentro wrote:
Thanks bros for the intro. I go check out the models u all suggested first. The casio is 799 after discount plus some freebies like casio edifice, tripod etc.
I suggest that you consider Panasonic or Olympus model that were mentioned earlier. Test for yourself and see the picture colour.
Last edited by TheChef on 02 Mar 2015 20:20, edited 1 time in total.
Evirobie

Post by Evirobie » 02 Mar 2015 17:25

Try out the macro mode for LX100. I love the ease of it take watch and food photo. The sensor is about the same size as the m4/3 cameras like EM10. The downside of using exchange lens, is that if you are intro macro u need to get a specific lens with shorter minimum focusing distance, then might not be that easy to get a wrist shot.
traineract

Post by traineract » 02 Mar 2015 20:47

Hi all the bros, thanks for the introductions! Went to courts just now, but didn't get to try the Olympus and Panasonic is not there. Disappointing trip. Will find other places to take a look again.
ckw

Post by ckw » 02 Mar 2015 22:43

you should try camera shops than big electronic shops...i prefer MS Color at Ang Mo Kio, the main shop beside food court, not the one inside shopping centre.

they have a very wide range, the people are knowledgeable, friendly and not pushy. i think their discount are also better than big electronic shops. i got the panasonic lx5 3 yrs ago and olympus em10 last yr from there, very satisfied with their service.
chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 03 Mar 2015 07:53

TheChef wrote:
chriscentro wrote:
I think if you set at 47% should be alright. Still within tolerance limit. In fact, it may be good for watches to be kept out of our humid climate, which may cause fogging under crystal.
roo7 wrote:Well if they are water proof. They won't dry up since you can't really "suck" out the humidity from there. (I assume air can't move in and out lol)

Anyway I had a watch that fog at the crystal, l left it inside for a week with crown opened, case back opened.

It doesn't help at all.

Via a mobile device
Hi bros

Got a reply from Ariel Adams
"Eventually all oil will try up. That humidity seems ok though and isn't too low. I understand in Singapore the humidity is very high so this might be a good idea."

So it's ok, I can continue to put my watches in the dry cabi :mrgreen:
zeikphur

Post by zeikphur » 09 Apr 2015 16:46

Thought it might be appropriate to post here.
Would like to ask if all you photographers got contacts or recommendations for fashion photographers. Got a project in hand and would like to ask them to come bid for the job.
Much appreciated :)
sellwatch

Post by sellwatch » 09 Apr 2015 17:52

zeikphur wrote:Thought it might be appropriate to post here.
Would like to ask if all you photographers got contacts or recommendations for fashion photographers. Got a project in hand and would like to ask them to come bid for the job.
Much appreciated :)
u got ask permission? :evil: :evil: