UHD TVs

General chit chat and off topics
leonmike

UHD TVs

Post by leonmike » 31 Jul 2014 13:21

Recently bought a Samsung UA40HU7000K TV with a resolution of 3840 x 2160.
It is connected via a Starhub cable vision box. But found out that the max resolution
is only 1920 x 1080 (FHD).
Any of you have this issue. Does that means that even those curved UHD TV also
cannot achieve the 4K standard advertised? At least at this moment.
Ed.YEO

Re: UHD TVs

Post by Ed.YEO » 31 Jul 2014 13:34

How the resolution is determined, is from the source, not the video processor.
Should you want to confirm, what you need is a 4k capable playback device... for the moment what i know will only be bluray players. But if only player, not enuff, you need the specific softwares as well... hence the 4k encoded bluray discs, and currently i know quite a number of SONY ENTERTAINMENT- COLUMBIA TRISTAR Video do have these 4k titles.

Some hardwares provide such functions such as post upscaling. Check your BDplayer(or the TV... no idea yet...) settings whether does it have such capability, since most of the BD titles in the market do not have 4k encoding. The only BDplayer to my knowledge with such capability is PHILIPS BDP-9700(highest end model for the moment).
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...