Old watch shop at Bendemeer

General chit chat and off topics
Trident

Old watch shop at Bendemeer

Post by Trident » 02 Oct 2014 21:23

Few days ago I was on the way to Boon Keng MRT when I come across this old watch shop, Golden Capitol Watch dealers Optical Co. HDB Bendemeer, #01-667, 27 Bendemeer Road, 330027.
It was run by an old couple, plenty of vintage watches and clocks. Longines, Tissot, Bulova, Seikos, Orients and a few unfamiliar brands.
Many of the watches has no tag and when I ask for the price of a Vintage Orient, the aunty hesitated and answer "orient, 400+"
Not sure if the pricing is good, but as I was on the way for an appt, I move along, hoping to come back one day and try to bargain. 8-)
Anyone been to this shop?
oncleoliver

Re: Old watch shop at Bendemeer

Post by oncleoliver » 02 Oct 2014 22:33

interesting. so the aunty anyhow whack one price is it.
You are not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

- Tyler Durden
chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 02 Oct 2014 23:24

Their prices are very high, I was quoted $800 for a Bellmatic.
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 03 Oct 2014 07:15

Wah buying vintage is so dangerous..don't know market will get chop..
I want to be a one watch guy!!
Trident

Post by Trident » 03 Oct 2014 09:10

oncleoliver wrote:interesting. so the aunty anyhow whack one price is it.
you are right, anyhow whack price. I mean that is no tag, just one glance at the brand and chop chop.
Anyway I saw a nice vintage tissot there quote $500+, worth considering.
Wade

Post by Wade » 03 Oct 2014 09:22

vintage is priceless and I will advise do more homework before commit.
just like jade, do they have a fix price? NO, why? all depend on market demand, quoted price from seller and is buyer willing to pay this amount?
A man age doesn't matter; it's the man heart... think positive & good things will come along the way...
TheChef

Post by TheChef » 04 Oct 2014 10:44

chriscentro wrote:Their prices are very high, I was quoted $800 for a Bellmatic.
I thought a good condition Bellmatic is around $200? :o
"Please touch your own favorite watch with your kind heart and love forever." - Ikuo Tokunaga, Chief Designer of SEIKO Dive Watches and Sports Watches
TheChef

Post by TheChef » 04 Oct 2014 10:46

If unsure of market price, can check with experts here. Don't Kenna chop carrot head.
"Please touch your own favorite watch with your kind heart and love forever." - Ikuo Tokunaga, Chief Designer of SEIKO Dive Watches and Sports Watches
chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 04 Oct 2014 11:19

a thread without photos? :D

Trident

Post by Trident » 04 Oct 2014 12:53

yup, can recognize some the watches. The Pagol is really something, used to see when I was young.
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 04 Oct 2014 12:54

doubt the CosmoKings are cheap? ;)
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 04 Oct 2014 13:21

lunarin79 wrote:doubt the CosmoKings are cheap? ;)
I think nothing is cheap there,lol.
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 04 Oct 2014 18:15

chriscentro wrote:
lunarin79 wrote:doubt the CosmoKings are cheap? ;)
I think nothing is cheap there,lol.
I was quoted more than 700 for a dual toned CK there... very hard to bargain with the old man. Lau Charbor... forget about it, more hard to crack her up.
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
radenferdy

Post by radenferdy » 19 Nov 2014 18:39

Not exactly related, but if you want to find in that area, there's one shop #01-108 29 Bendemeer Road, Beng Watch & Services. He's watch repairer. Came to know him because I purchased a watch at sgrolexclub and the seller refer him to me. He has few collections of Seikos and Citizens which I'm pretty sure are reasonable. Came to him couple of times and decided that he's and honest straightforward man.

p.s. I don't work there or in any way related to the person nor the company :)
chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 19 Nov 2014 19:17

radenferdy wrote:Not exactly related, but if you want to find in that area, there's one shop #01-108 29 Bendemeer Road, Beng Watch & Services. He's watch repairer. Came to know him because I purchased a watch at sgrolexclub and the seller refer him to me. He has few collections of Seikos and Citizens which I'm pretty sure are reasonable. Came to him couple of times and decided that he's and honest straightforward man.

I googled, Blk 29 is the wet market stall one?
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 19 Nov 2014 20:49

chriscentro wrote:
radenferdy wrote:Not exactly related, but if you want to find in that area, there's one shop #01-108 29 Bendemeer Road, Beng Watch & Services. He's watch repairer. Came to know him because I purchased a watch at sgrolexclub and the seller refer him to me. He has few collections of Seikos and Citizens which I'm pretty sure are reasonable. Came to him couple of times and decided that he's and honest straightforward man.

No doubt... the old fella is a honest person. Perhaps too honest that he is very proud that he was a TITONI men in the past with China Watches which was the TITONI distributor during the 80s till early 2k. And his pride, boost the value of the TITONIs you may see in his showcase which he claims are all NOS and he will give you a year of In-House warranty... provided you pay a high price for any of the hueys... I bought only 1 piece of the red flower from him... because it's really hard to get nowadays with red flower emblem. Couple of months ago, i thought that i will get aditional discount if i get the 2nd one... too bad... he don't do so...
Anyway, in order to try to retain my support with him, he tried hard to persuade me to go for the Bambinos, which i had already got 3 then... the rest of the ORIENTs he have does entice me much...
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
radenferdy

Post by radenferdy » 20 Nov 2014 00:40

chriscentro wrote:

Yup, somewhere in the wet market/hawker center there.