'If This Was Not A Gift, I Would Have Sell it Long Ago'

General chit chat and off topics
lunarin79
CEO

'If This Was Not A Gift, I Would Have Sell it Long Ago'

Post by lunarin79 » 12 Oct 2014 20:20

Was reading a thread like this on another forum & I found it very interesting.

A watch as a gift but it's not really your type but at the same time, it sort of bears some value & you couldn't sell it away for this reason.

Does anyone has a story or two to share?

:mrgreen:
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
Jeryltan

Re: 'If This Was Not A Gift, I Would Have Sell it Long Ago'

Post by Jeryltan » 12 Oct 2014 21:14

lunarin79 wrote:Was reading a thread like this on another forum & I found it very interesting.

A watch as a gift but it's not really your type but at the same time, it sort of bears some value & you couldn't sell it away for this reason.

i think everyone sure have. I have my late dad,s seiko kinetic which i kept until today almost 14 years and a quartz given by my wife. Both i will never sell, because of 2 reasons. 1. Sentimental value. 2. Both sell also no value [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND COLD SWEAT][SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND COLD SWEAT]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 12 Oct 2014 21:16

All the gifted watches from my wife ended in some1 hand......

Pls tell me how do i tell her.
Lol
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 12 Oct 2014 21:23

ivan wrote:All the gifted watches from my wife ended in some1 hand......

Lol
wat watches?
ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 12 Oct 2014 21:33

lunarin79 wrote:
ivan wrote:All the gifted watches from my wife ended in some1 hand......

Lol
wat watches?
Can only remember
1) casio gulfman
2) tag heur
3) tissot
4) oris

A few others all cannot rem liao.
Either flipped or thrown away
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 12 Oct 2014 21:34

for myself, is my U1 Tempus & Louis Erard Anniversay Regulateur, both from wife,haha

These 2 were bought before I was serious in watches.

Realised am not a PVD person but of cos, both pieces are still going to be worn once in a while ;)
oncleoliver

Post by oncleoliver » 12 Oct 2014 21:35

Jeryltan wrote:
lunarin79 wrote:Was reading a thread like this on another forum & I found it very interesting.

i think everyone sure have. I have my late dad,s seiko kinetic which i kept until today almost 14 years and a quartz given by my wife. Both i will never sell, because of 2 reasons. 1. Sentimental value. 2. Both sell also no value [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND COLD SWEAT][SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND COLD SWEAT]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Hahhahahaahahahahah you bastard
You are not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

- Tyler Durden
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 13 Oct 2014 14:29

Got a German Brand, China Movt, dunno assembled where Élysée. Gift from ex-girlfriend (now wife) on my 29th bday. Still wearing it, but with the same amount of money, I wish she bought something else.Image
Strap Shine by Dicon: Leather Care for Watch Straps. Nourishes | Waterproofs | Cleans
http://www.leather-care.sg/product/stra ... -by-dicon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Contact: hello@jaspe.com.sg
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 14 Oct 2014 00:20

telepgm wrote:Got a German Brand, China Movt, dunno assembled where Élysée. Gift from ex-girlfriend (now wife) on my 29th bday. Still wearing it, but with the same amount of money, I wish she bought something else.ImageImage
Zee der zimilarity auf zer layout und perhaps the "uhrenwerk" under the dial?

It's kind of natural that when we turn older, we get more hungrier, more demanding along with the hobby growing more mature over time...
Yours was a gift from your now wife, mine was a gift from the last reservist gathering after officially turning M.R. for good... and after then, we don't get to gather anymore as different folks goes to their different directions in life...

It will always be a dilemma when time comes, one should keep or ditch when that watch was a gift from the past. Worth to keep to remind yourself what happened in the past when you receive it as a gift? Or what's the story in the background...

Recently in other forum, a 2yrs old serving employee received a farewell gift as he is leaving the employer for another...
...looks cheap certainly... as what other members of that forum points out, mostly...
However, in another end, lots of other members encourage this leaving employee to keep it for good, as regardless of the brand, it's a functional design and moderately priced. The most important thing is the "secret message" on how the employer treasures this leaving employee even though he had served the company for just 2 mere years...
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 14 Oct 2014 07:04

Ed.YEO wrote:
telepgm wrote:Got a German Brand, China Movt, dunno assembled where Élysée. Gift from ex-girlfriend (now wife) on my 29th bday. Still wearing it, but with the same amount of money, I wish she bought something else.ImageImage
Zee der zimilarity auf zer layout und perhaps the "uhrenwerk" under the dial?

It's kind of natural that when we turn older, we get more hungrier, more demanding along with the hobby growing more mature over time...
Yours was a gift from your now wife, mine was a gift from the last reservist gathering after officially turning M.R. for good... and after then, we don't get to gather anymore as different folks goes to their different directions in life...

It will always be a dilemma when time comes, one should keep or ditch when that watch was a gift from the past. Worth to keep to remind yourself what happened in the past when you receive it as a gift? Or what's the story in the background...

Recently in other forum, a 2yrs old serving employee received a farewell gift as he is leaving the employer for another...
...looks cheap certainly... as what other members of that forum points out, mostly...
However, in another end, lots of other members encourage this leaving employee to keep it for good, as regardless of the brand, it's a functional design and moderately priced. The most important thing is the "secret message" on how the employer treasures this leaving employee even though he had served the company for just 2 mere years...
well said, Ed. :) thanks for the heart warming reminder. :)
Strap Shine by Dicon: Leather Care for Watch Straps. Nourishes | Waterproofs | Cleans
http://www.leather-care.sg/product/stra ... -by-dicon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Contact: hello@jaspe.com.sg
jveron

Post by jveron » 23 Oct 2014 10:49

This was the present from my wife 3 years ago. Although it is not getting enough wrist time, I still can't sell if off due to sentimental value :D

Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 23 Oct 2014 23:22

jveron wrote:This was the present from my wife 3 years ago. Although it is not getting enough wrist time, I still can't sell if off due to sentimental value :D

Couldn't imagine how your wife scrimp and save that amount to hoot that ORIS, just to give ya... especially when she have her own side of commitments...
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
jveron

Post by jveron » 23 Oct 2014 23:32

That's why this watch is a keeper
_m0r0n_

Post by _m0r0n_ » 11 Nov 2014 12:35

My wife also bought me watch but I get to choose my own...so never encounter with this issue.
But for other things other than watch, she bought me underwear etc too...too personal to give away
Astro2212

Post by Astro2212 » 14 Nov 2014 00:03

My wife buy me this n warn me beat die cannot sell...if not 7 early 8 morning dont knw sell to where liao loh