Hunt for Orange Sawtooth

General chit chat and off topics
balzebub71

Hunt for Orange Sawtooth

Post by balzebub71 » 29 Nov 2014 21:25

Thought I will share with you guys a funny and sad story.
I have been hunting for a Orange Sawtooth for sometime..so today I found one at the basement watch shop at lucky plaza..

Told the guy to let me take a look...mint piece but it had stopped and the lume was starting to show it's age. So I tell the guy "umm this watch has been sitting here so long that the battery is dead" so the guy takes the watch and tells me " no no it's an automatic..see..." Then proceeds to shake the watch...obviously no use...so I say "no no trust me, it's a Quartz boss..." He continues to say it's an auto and now starts to whack the watch case against his palm hard in an effort to jump start the Quartz sawtooth...I could only cringe as I hear the case go "thwack" "thwack"

Eventually he gives up and concedes that yes it's a Quartz but no worries he will swap in a new battery for me if I buy. So I ask him how much? He shows me the tag "$638"... Then proceeds to say " you should buy it right now cos it's the only one in Singapore and the price will shoot up to $800 soon, this is good price"

That was when I lost it and just walked out before I got violent or resorted to vulgarity...

Sigh... Why do some uncles think all shoppers are idiots??

So yeah please avoid that shop...
I want to be a one watch guy!!
oncleoliver

Re: Hunt for Orange Sawtooth

Post by oncleoliver » 30 Nov 2014 01:14

LOL, he don't even know it's a quartz but knows it's the only one in singapore.
You are not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

- Tyler Durden
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 30 Nov 2014 09:39

Sometimes i wonder if they themselves know anyrhing about watches at all, in the first place.

Had a similar funny incident back at Central years ago with a WIS friend, went into a watch shop (cannot remember if its City Chain or other medium size shop)

Saw a Caesar kinetic diver and asked to have a look at it, the young
Salesgirl then promoted wonderful attributes of the watch, finally, the finishing move 'sentence' was..

"The addition crown on 2:00 is the HEV"

My friend looked at me and we smiled at her and replied 'ooooohhh'
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
cirdec

Post by cirdec » 30 Nov 2014 12:07

I think i know which shop you are referring to. they do carry quite a large collection of Seiko. I've had some unpleasant experience there myself. I asked to take a look at some arctura seiko. The old told me, see from the display can already. I told him i wanted to put it on to try for size and fit. He grumpily took it out and said, see only don't need to wear it, this is good enough already. I rolled my eyes, said thanks and left.
eeee78

Post by eeee78 » 01 Dec 2014 14:01

There is a orange sawtooth on sale at Carousell @$440
cirdec

Post by cirdec » 01 Dec 2014 14:31

There's one for sale at the Seiko Club Singapore FB page
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 01 Dec 2014 15:39

Hmm is $440 a good price for a used sawtooth?
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 01 Dec 2014 20:46

balzebub71 wrote:Hmm is $440 a good price for a used sawtooth?
Okay I shall answer my own question..guess it is not as I found a new one for around $420...can buy ?
TheChef

Post by TheChef » 02 Dec 2014 19:27

balzebub71 wrote:
balzebub71 wrote:Hmm is $440 a good price for a used sawtooth?
Okay I shall answer my own question..guess it is not as I found a new one for around $420...can buy ?
If you like it, why not? :lol:
"Please touch your own favorite watch with your kind heart and love forever." - Ikuo Tokunaga, Chief Designer of SEIKO Dive Watches and Sports Watches