Watch list for 2015

General chit chat and off topics
Wade

Watch list for 2015

Post by Wade » 17 Jan 2015 17:16

I hope this topic is not too late for a brand new year.

I always wish to own a Rolex GV Milgauss (just did a search: one is selling at $6,890) and thinking of using my 16610 (should be able to fetch $5,500) to trade with top-up.
After discussed with my wife, she like my 16610 not Milgauss.

Sad la, can't change. But it OK if can't change now, dun force a compromise. Then each time, I can still dream of my WANT Milgauss and shiok.

What your watch list for 2015.
Last edited by Wade on 17 Jan 2015 17:38, edited 1 time in total.
A man age doesn't matter; it's the man heart... think positive & good things will come along the way...
watchlooker

Re: Watch list for 2015

Post by watchlooker » 17 Jan 2015 17:26

Many....
chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 17 Jan 2015 19:37

I don't think I have any budget this year, if have, it will be the Prometheus Piranha, white one.
ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 17 Jan 2015 20:04

Any watch that can tell the world that i m haolian, and i will consider
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 17 Jan 2015 21:56

ivan wrote:Any watch that can tell the world that i m haolian, and i will consider
Urwerk ba
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 17 Jan 2015 22:04

lunarin79 wrote:
ivan wrote:Any watch that can tell the world that i m haolian, and i will consider
Urwerk ba
Thank q
Thank q

Forgot to state my budget.
Below 100.
Thank q
Thank q
Ed.YEO

Watch list for 2015... most likely...

Post by Ed.YEO » 18 Jan 2015 11:28

With the sudden shock of SWISS FRANC in the beginning of the year... 2 concerns will affect buyers decisions.
If SWISS FRANCs is continue to go up north, it will eventually affect the movement prices as well as parts and other Swiss precision components in watches made either in Switzerland or other parts of Europe. Eventually, be it Swiss Made or other region made, mega group or independents produce, watches from Europe will have higher price adjustment this year... but, just when?
Should this sudden "rising" shock is just a temporary small bump, what guarantees that mega groups or some small independent makers will not jack up their prices on the finish products? Hmmm...

So... most likely this year, i guess most of the watches in my shopping list is likely going to be more japs make again...
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 18 Jan 2015 12:05

I think the large watch makers and groups can afford to keep prices the same. Hardest hit will probably be the smaller players that have no economies of scale nor the deep reserves to ride this out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I want to be a one watch guy!!
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 18 Jan 2015 12:24

ivan wrote:
lunarin79 wrote:
Urwerk ba
Thank q
Thank q

Below 100.
Thank q
Thank q
Ok ar, urwerk nt below 100 meh?
ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 18 Jan 2015 12:27

lunarin79 wrote:
ivan wrote: Thank q
Thank q

Below 100.
Thank q
Thank q
Ok ar, urwerk nt below 100 meh?
Below $100.00, not below $100k
Ps ps....
Stan80

Post by Stan80 » 18 Jan 2015 12:33

Ed.YEO wrote:With the sudden shock of SWISS FRANC in the beginning of the year... 2 concerns will affect buyers decisions.
If SWISS FRANCs is continue to go up north, it will eventually affect the movement prices as well as parts and other Swiss precision components in watches made either in Switzerland or other parts of Europe. Eventually, be it Swiss Made or other region made, mega group or independents produce, watches from Europe will have higher price adjustment this year... but, just when?
Should this sudden "rising" shock is just a temporary small bump, what guarantees that mega groups or some small independent makers will not jack up their prices on the finish products? Hmmm...

So... most likely this year, i guess most of the watches in my shopping list is likely going to be more japs make again...
The SNB remove the cap to Euro to escape from the Euro QE that will deflat the franc.
When the franc remains strong, swiss will be able to buy more import and raw materials with their strong currency. If they are decent in their business ethics, they can maintain or lower their selling pricepoint for their each item is manufacture at a cheaper cost due to the strength of franc.
When their goods are price out of market, they will have to tune their price till ppl wants to buy again.
SNB dun intervent directly into their consumer market, main thru interest rates adjustments.
But true to that, swiss watches are luxury, so price wise to their consumer may not be not a concern. The lower priced goods will be more impacted.
I can be wrong for man are greedy. Haha
My family, my life, my watches...
Personal favourite: Tudor Classic Moxa
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 18 Jan 2015 14:07

Stan80 wrote:...
When the franc remains strong, swiss will be able to buy more import and raw materials with their strong currency. If they are decent in their business ethics, they can maintain or lower their selling pricepoint for their each item is manufacture at a cheaper cost due to the strength of franc.
When their goods are price out of market, they will have to tune their price till ppl wants to buy again.
SNB dun intervent directly into their consumer market, main thru interest rates adjustments...
This is certainly a perfect picture for the consumers hope on Swiss Watch Industry... Unfortunately, looking back @ 2012 when Euro Crisis were about the same as now... Swiss Makers(movements and parts) were still not toning down on their selling price to Watch Manufacturers.
This could be a time for the big players to make it big, so as the Swiss Government.

This is a good time for the Japs and Chinese to strike it big!
I wonder what the big players such as SEIKO and CITIZEN, SEAGULL and SHANGHAI is brewing under their sleeves...
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
Stan80

Post by Stan80 » 18 Jan 2015 14:13

Ed.YEO wrote:
Stan80 wrote:...
SNB dun intervent directly into their consumer market, main thru interest rates adjustments...
This is certainly a perfect picture for the consumers hope on Swiss Watch Industry... Unfortunately, looking back @ 2012 when Euro Crisis were about the same as now... Swiss Makers(movements and parts) were still not toning down on their selling price to Watch Manufacturers.
This could be a time for the big players to make it big, so as the Swiss Government.

This is a good time for the Japs and Chinese to strike it big!
I wonder what the big players such as SEIKO and CITIZEN, SEAGULL and SHANGHAI is brewing under their sleeves...
Yeah!!! According to heritage, Swiss watch makers are generally confident as the world will tend to associate them to the watch making industry, that is why they dare to price themselves out of the general consumer markets.

When the Japs and Chinese starts to strike it big and more consumers recognizing them, we will be able to see how the Swiss response. 2015 to 2017 can be the years for Japs and Chinese to further stamp their marks as the Swiss are relatively quiet for quite a while.... :D
My family, my life, my watches...
Personal favourite: Tudor Classic Moxa
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 18 Jan 2015 14:23

This will likely be the year of STEINHARTs for moi as well... shall work more OTs to hoot more of their models before Euro goes back to 1.6xSGD to 1Eu, or before their price adjustments again...
Trident

Post by Trident » 18 Jan 2015 14:24

I already hoot the first on my 2015 list. Gotta save up a bit more before making another hoot.
rojakman

Post by rojakman » 20 Jan 2015 12:22

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singap ... tor=CS1-10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Why only Rolex? What is yr thoughts?:roll:
Using Tapatalk
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 21 Jan 2015 09:44

rojakman wrote:http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singap ... tor=CS1-10

Why only Rolex? What is yr thoughts?:roll:
hahaa, bcos it's rolex lor ;)
rojakman