Is there anyone out there play with Shares, anyone out there

General chit chat and off topics
Wade

Post by Wade » 10 Jul 2015 09:17

I believe many of us play shares, Unit Trust, Bond to earn extra $$$.
Currently, Asian Shares market is dropping due to Greece voted "No" & etc.

I have bought a some Shares like Apple & NOL and intend to go for SPH, Keppel Crop or SATS.
Any advise on SPH, Keppel Crop or SATS?

Bank shares looking good but too expensive, REIT cannot invest; property doesn't look good now.

A man age doesn't matter; it's the man heart... think positive & good things will come along the way...
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 12 Jul 2015 09:27

I is the 西北怕死 one. Basic insurance, fixed deposits, and one saving plan for my daughter's education 21 years later is all I got in the plate so far.

Any suggestion on where and what to start for beginners, Wade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Strap Shine by Dicon: Leather Care for Watch Straps. Nourishes | Waterproofs | Cleans
http://www.leather-care.sg/product/stra ... -by-dicon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Contact: hello@jaspe.com.sg
Wade

Re: Is there anyone out there play with Shares, anyone out t

Post by Wade » 12 Jul 2015 12:26

First create an account with Trading company or PEOMS, do your own research or get market report/information from your remiser as below.

Get market report/information (sorry as it is in pdf forms and i think can't post here):
- Container shipping, Singapore Daybreak, Singapore Press Holdings, KIG Fraser Morning Buzz, Market Pulse, Maybank KE Singapore Daily, SMRT, UOB Singapore Daily and UOB HK Retail Market Monitor

Look out for those shares with quarter dividend or yearly dividend. U can make payment thru CPF OA or cash.
PS: Depend how deep is your pocket, do u need the money in case it is lock down and what method u are playing.

Play Contra will earn fast like when u buy shares and u have to 3 days to pay up but if u sell within 3 days...u only pay looses or earn the profit.
My remiser will normally stretch my payment to around 5 days

1st example on wining:
Buy 50 lots at $0.850
50 x $0.850 = $42.5k
U suppose to pay this amt within 3 days time + admin and far charge around $100 to $200. if u sell 50 lots at $0.920 on 3rd or 4th days.
50 x $0.920 = $46k
The difference is $3.5k, the trading company will pay you around $3.1k (minus off admin + GST and buy & sell also charge around $300
Normally, u will win some petrol money or nice dinner....

2nd example on losing:
But if u sell 50 lots on 3rd days at $0.820
50 x $0.820 = $41k
That mean buy at $42.5k but sell at $41k, u need to top up $1.5k to your trading company

When u don't pay and sell the shares within settlement period of 3 days.....that is Contra play.....
Normally shares play Contra got risks as moving up is not fast within 3 days and now Greece problem....so not stable.

If u buy and sell same price....u still lose admin and GST charges.
My advise....must be careful and monitor the market, if not will get burnt easily... :( :(
A man age doesn't matter; it's the man heart... think positive & good things will come along the way...
Malo

Post by Malo » 13 Jul 2015 09:36

My advise is only invest with your extra cash. Extra cash that your family or yourself don't need for a least a few years. Read as much books on investment as possible before you start your investment journey.

:)
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 13 Jul 2015 11:34

Any one on forex ?

Just like to get some understanding, especially USD/SGD.
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 13 Jul 2015 13:26

roo7 wrote:Any one on forex ?

Just like to get some understanding, especially USD/SGD.
dual currency trading? High risk stuff, Roo. But high returns too.
Strap Shine by Dicon: Leather Care for Watch Straps. Nourishes | Waterproofs | Cleans
http://www.leather-care.sg/product/stra ... -by-dicon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Contact: hello@jaspe.com.sg
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 13 Jul 2015 17:20

Haha not really. Just got some USD and waiting for the right time to sell and buy SGD. USD is useless except for PayPal payments haha.
Not as active.
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 13 Jul 2015 19:10

roo7 wrote:Haha not really. Just got some USD and waiting for the right time to sell and buy SGD. USD is useless except for PayPal payments haha.
the returns for dual currencies are meaningless unless you have 50k per pops. Or worse, the relationship manager that you are dealing with is ignorant and complacent. 50k is the entry level for banks to do dual currency trading anyway. But on the safe side, heard wind it's a good time to purchase AUD cos it's close to 1:1 now.
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 14 Jul 2015 09:17

Yeah, I know what you mean, still USD is climbing.. just waiting to cash in.
Not as active.