Planted Aquarium

General chit chat and off topics
silverguy

Planted Aquarium

Post by silverguy » 23 Aug 2011 15:34

Hi all,
Any buddies also into planted aquarium? I Just started a small two ft tank with DIY C02 reactor, some low-light plants, fishes and red prawns.

My little prawn seeking food....
oonik

Planted Aquarium

Post by oonik » 23 Aug 2011 15:51

Hohohoho.... Don't start this bro....... Fishkeeping is my main hobby.Few years back just decommed my plantation and I just thinking to start back.... Currently just keep fish only in 4 ft tank!!!! Anyway nice set up!!'

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=1.417363,103.863686" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
silverguy

Re: Planted Aquarium

Post by silverguy » 23 Aug 2011 15:57

oonik wrote:Hohohoho.... Don't start this bro....... Fishkeeping is my main hobby.Few years back just decommed my plantation and I just thinking to start back.... Currently just keep fish only in 4 ft tank!!!! Anyway nice set up!!'

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=1.417363,103.863686" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Haha.....our SC bros here has so many special abilities.....:) Btw, where is the FS you visited to get your stocks??
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 23 Aug 2011 16:03

used to rear marine fish for a while but too diff to continue

anyway, ish my dad who likes all these,lol

now it's just a normal 3ft aquarium tank liao
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
oonik

Planted Aquarium

Post by oonik » 23 Aug 2011 16:04

My favorite 4 places to hunt..... C312, Y618, seaview and petmart!!!! 

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=1.417622,103.864700" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
silverguy

Post by silverguy » 23 Aug 2011 16:06

oonik wrote:My favorite 4 places to hunt..... C312, Y618, seaview and petmart!!!! 

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=1.417622,103.864700" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Where is C312,Y618 and petmart??? Bro, Thanks..
silverguy

Post by silverguy » 23 Aug 2011 16:07

lunarin79 wrote:used to rear marine fish for a while but too diff to continue

anyway, ish my dad who likes all these,lol

now it's just a normal 3ft aquarium tank liao
Haha.....I did have Marine tank for a while using small tank. In the end, all my corals become fossils...:)
oonik

Planted Aquarium

Post by oonik » 23 Aug 2011 16:15

Oops sorry it should b c328 is at clement blk 328 the most crowded shop, y618 at yishun blk 618 and petmart at serangoon north ave 1.
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 23 Aug 2011 16:16

silverguy wrote:
Haha.....I did have Marine tank for a while using small tank. In the end, all my corals become fossils...:)
marine very diff to handle unless u dam enthu

but the fishes are dam nice lor if every element is perfect, the water temp etc etc
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 23 Aug 2011 16:49

I used to rear Discus during my sec sch days.... I had like 4 x 2ft tanks, tried my hand in breeding but not successfully.... then interest died off. lol

I remember those days, Internet wasn't popular or mainstream yet, have to source information from library, books and fish shops.. haha..
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
silverguy

Post by silverguy » 23 Aug 2011 17:23

roo7 wrote:I used to rear Discus during my sec sch days.... I had like 4 x 2ft tanks, tried my hand in breeding but not successfully.... then interest died off. lol

I remember those days, Internet wasn't popular or mainstream yet, have to source information from library, books and fish shops.. haha..
Discus are a hard nut to crack, they need very good water conditions and quiet places.....had hoot a few ones...all RIPs....sian...:(
silverguy

Post by silverguy » 23 Aug 2011 17:24

lunarin79 wrote:
silverguy wrote:
marine very diff to handle unless u dam enthu

but the fishes are dam nice lor if every element is perfect, the water temp etc etc
Haha...my interested all started off from Nemo's...that cartoon movie....:)
fireal

Post by fireal » 23 Aug 2011 17:36

get a snapping turtle
Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't
own it, but you can use it. You can't keep
it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it
you can never get it back.
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 23 Aug 2011 17:47

fireal wrote:get a snapping turtle
chiu huan shell me urs? :twisted:
sellwatch

Post by sellwatch » 23 Aug 2011 17:52

I was pretty active in the early 20s in guppy club singapore. Back then was really very with water change for over 30 tanks big and small.. On top of that, the many tau huey containers used to house the fries.

Here is my old setup. It is a HDB concept housing 20 tanks. Then there are quarantine tanks and hospital tanks. Lol.

This went on for a few years and i joined my first competition and this was wat i got.

now that im old and lazy, no more fishes for me loh..
silverguy

Post by silverguy » 23 Aug 2011 18:32

sellwatch wrote:I was pretty active in the early 20s in guppy club singapore. Back then was really very with water change for over 30 tanks big and small.. On top of that, the many tau huey containers used to house the fries.

Here is my old setup. It is a HDB concept housing 20 tanks. Then there are quarantine tanks and hospital tanks. Lol.

This went on for a few years and i joined my first competition and this was wat i got.

now that im old and lazy, no more fishes for me loh..
Sibey swee....really take alot of effort and not talking about the water bills. Hmm..so many crouching tiger, hidden dragon here...:) *clap clap*
oOsiMm

Post by oOsiMm » 23 Aug 2011 20:49

I once had small aquarium but that was some time ago and nw got this gui gui to take care of(plus my doggie).......

silverguy

Post by silverguy » 23 Aug 2011 21:05

oOsiMm wrote:I once had small aquarium but that was some time ago and nw got this gui gui to take care of(plus my doggie).......

wah...pig nose turtle.....I used to have one also around the size..but was electrocuted.. become bbq turtle ...:( very sad.
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 23 Aug 2011 21:06

silverguy wrote:..but was electrocuted.. become bbq turtle ...:( very sad.
:shock: :shock: :shock:
oOsiMm

Post by oOsiMm » 23 Aug 2011 21:23

silverguy wrote:
oOsiMm wrote:I once had small aquarium but that was some time ago and nw got this gui gui to take care of(plus my doggie).......

wah...pig nose turtle.....I used to have one also around the size..but was electrocuted.. become bbq turtle ...:( very sad.
ya they really playful,see anything will chew including any exposed rubber tubes/wires if any... a few goldfishes and other fishes got KIA while swimming beside this guigui.. the goldfish body intact except their bellies..

mine is like least 6-7 yrs in my house liao..came as a small mcfillet size turtle n till now around least 45cm..and really thick from shell to belly(probably 5cm).. scary when lifting n transfering it during tank cleaning.