Leather Strap Care

General chit chat and off topics
telepgm

Leather Strap Care

Post by telepgm » 18 Jul 2016 16:38

Hi folks,

It's been a long time and I hope all's well.

I am writing-in on behalf of my company, Jaspe Creations, a family owned business since 1977. We are the sole distributor of Dicon Leather Care in Singapore.

We are launching a new product: Strap Shine by Dicon. A leather care cream, specially made for leather watch straps. It's a well-balanced concoction of all natural beeswax and mink oil, cleaning and polishing leather straps while leaving a non-sticky finishing. Strap Shine aims to Clean, Nourish and Waterproof Leather Straps for timepieces.

This exclusive product will be available in the 4th quarter of 2016.

Just spreading the word now to sound out any interest. Any feedback or enquiries in the meantime would be much appreciated. Whatsapp: 90038310. Email: hello@jaspe.com.sg. Thank you and hear from you soon!

Telepgm (aka Remy Fan)
Sales and Marketing
Jaspe Creations
Last edited by telepgm on 19 Jul 2016 17:50, edited 1 time in total.
Strap Shine by Dicon: Leather Care for Watch Straps. Nourishes | Waterproofs | Cleans
http://www.leather-care.sg/product/stra ... -by-dicon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Contact: hello@jaspe.com.sg
Trident

Re: Leather Strap Care

Post by Trident » 18 Jul 2016 18:24

Sure like to try it out
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 19 Jul 2016 09:19

Trident wrote:Sure like to try it out
Thanks Trident. We are also approaching local watch-makers or strap-makers as business partners to launch Strap Shine by Dicon. Any recommendations or referrals?
Strap Shine by Dicon: Leather Care for Watch Straps. Nourishes | Waterproofs | Cleans
http://www.leather-care.sg/product/stra ... -by-dicon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Contact: hello@jaspe.com.sg
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 18 Aug 2016 14:46

Strap Shine by Dicon has a launch event this coming Saturday, 20th of August 2016 at Muffinry 112 Telok Ayer Street.
Doors Open at 7pm. Admission is free. Enjoy live music performance by Evil Singing Pandas and Benjamin Boh; drinks special for Asahi at SGD 38.00 for bucket of 5. Strap Shine by Dicon for sale at only SGD 18.00. (RRP: SGD 29.90) Please write to us at hello@jaspe.com.sg for RSVP and more information. Thank you.
doinkydoink

Post by doinkydoink » 18 Aug 2016 17:12

Have a gunny strap dark oil series that is supposed to use mink oil to keep waterproof.
Any insight to what's the difference?

Great that we have an expert to advise on leather care.

Sorry for the typos..am using auto correction.
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 19 Aug 2016 11:07

doinkydoink wrote:Have a gunny strap dark oil series that is supposed to use mink oil to keep waterproof.
Any insight to what's the difference?

Great that we have an expert to advise on leather care.

Many thanks for your interest, Doinkydoink. It's the first time we are exchanging words and it's my pleasure to do so. If you are referring to the difference between Mink Oil and Strap Shine by Dicon, I can humbly share what I know to my best knowledge.

Let's start from the start. Mink Oil is manufactured/process fats from the animal mink. Like literally. :)

It is usually in a liquid form in pure oil. It is natural and one of the most traditional leather care products since modern history. It's used in very high end cosmetics as ingredients like lipsticks / lip balm /body moisturizers even till today.

One of the "disadvantages" of Mink Oil that it may darken the shade of leather to 1.5 - 2 tones temporarily, depending on the finishing. Gunny Straps are what we commonly call Vegetable Tan or Natural finishing. The darkening on Gunny would be rather apparent, and times may take days (or even weeks) to revert to it's original colour.

Strap Shine by Dicon not only has Mink Oil content, but it also includes all-natural Beeswax (another all natural ingredient) as well. It is specially concocted, to the right balanced in a balm form, leaving minimum temporal darkening of the leather and non-sticky finishing. It is neutral in smell and colour, making it suitable for most leather straps.

Strap Shine by Dicon is created by watch lovers for watch lovers. We recognise that there is this gap in the watch community and we are striving to do our best to preserve, clean, moisturise and waterproof your beloved Leather Straps for timepieces.

I certainly hope this has answered your queries. Let me know if I can be of further assistance. Will I see you at the launch tomorrow?

Thanks again for your enquiry.
doinkydoink

Post by doinkydoink » 19 Aug 2016 19:18

Bo eng lei.
Can offer to seiko club bro this offer without having to go down?

telepgm

Post by telepgm » 22 Aug 2016 01:07

doinkydoink wrote:Bo eng lei.
Can offer to seiko club bro this offer without having to go down?

Thanks for responding and your interest, Doinkydoink. The launch was successful and some bros did benefit from the introductory price at SGD 18.00. Unfortunately, that offer has ceased as of 2359 last night!

But I can do a pretty close deal for the folks in SC65 for now: I am able to offer a once off 30% discount at $20.90; strictly by SingPost normal mail (additional $1.90). $22.80 (Final sale price including postage). I have only a handful of tins at this very special price.

Strap Shine by Dicon will revert to RRP SGD 23.90 (20% discount before shipping) for SC65 members.

Thank you for your interest again; I hope I will have to opportunity in sharing Strap Shine by Dicon with you.
telepgm

Leather Strap Care

Post by telepgm » 24 Aug 2016 12:52

Had the pleasure of collaborating with Sebas Atelier.

Please click on Carousell link for more information: https://carousell.com/p/65073427/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kindly write in to us at hello@jaspe.com.sg if you need immediate attention. Thank you.