I hooted this, but don't hoot me for it..

Swiss, German, Russian, Chinese and other watch companies
Paladium

I hooted this, but don't hoot me for it..

Post by Paladium » 19 Jun 2012 11:23

Ok, the reason for that title is cause I gave up a NOS sbbn007 for this hoot. I know i know, many of u will probably take out your shoe and throw at me, but the price after the exchange rate and shipping, etc got to a point (>$1200) where I thought it was kind of ridiculous. I might regret this decision in the near future especially if the price goes up but I highly doubt the price will go much higher than what i was going to pay for the sbbn007. It's already nearing the price of a brand new sbbn017. (pls don't let the market forces prove me wrong :| )

A big thanks to Lunarin bro who took the time to answer all my queries on the sbbn007 over PM.

But recently i find my interest in black watches growing and lacking a black watch in my collection, i went with the most logical (may not be the best) choice. But I'm still hunting for a tuna, just not the sbbn007 any more, but a sbbn011. :twisted: So..

my hootz.. Steinhart Aviation Vintage

wristshot..

my current view..

an attempt at being arty farty..

I didn't like the sand strap that came with it, although it matches the indices. Kind of like the tactical feel the black textile gives it. Just need to hunt for another that has a pvd/dlc buckle instead of the brushed S/S one to complete the tactical look.
Last edited by Paladium on 19 Jun 2012 16:04, edited 2 times in total.
Hoot 1st talk later!
Ed.YEO

Re: I hooted this, but don't hoot me for it..

Post by Ed.YEO » 19 Jun 2012 11:41

Hmm... i don't think that the fellow brudders here will boo or throw their shoes at you. They will most likely shake their head, facing down, "sigh... how come he don't flip to me..."

Okay... come to your new piece. If you like it much, especially that B&R feel, this STEINHART VINATAGE AVAITION could be the one for you!
For me, paying 1.2k for a 2824(even though it's an elaborate grade) with DLC'ed body, seems to be too ex. If I'm the one buying, i would have tamba another $200 for the AVIATION chrono with that KILLER Dashboard layout dial with SS casing as well as most importantly, the more complicated 7750 engine. ...But...that's just me...
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
Paladium

Post by Paladium » 19 Jun 2012 11:43

erm.. the aviation vintage didn't cost me $1200.. it was $710 :oops:
Hoot 1st talk later!
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 19 Jun 2012 11:50

Paladium wrote:...but the price after the exchange rate and shipping, etc got to a point (>$1200) where I thought it was kind of ridiculous...
I got to admit... my bad... interpretation
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 19 Jun 2012 11:54

wat is 'vintage'?

are the indices in a way, looked 'aged'?
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
Paladium

Post by Paladium » 19 Jun 2012 12:11

lunarin79 wrote:wat is 'vintage'?

ya, it's the sand/beige colour "aged" indices. Kope a photo from wus to better illustrate..

Hoot 1st talk later!
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 19 Jun 2012 12:12

My guess...when the term "vintage" is used, i guess it's the color of the lume that looks faded with aging effect.

Such as:-
Ocean Vintage Military

Nav.B UHR Vintage titanium

Nav.B UHR2 Vintage titanium
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 19 Jun 2012 12:14

Paladium wrote:
lunarin79 wrote:wat is 'vintage'?

ya, it's the sand/beige colour "aged" indices. Kope a photo from wus to better illustrate..

ic, not bad

maybe the 'aged' look works better on a pvd case than a s/s case(ocean vintage military) for my case

abit like B&R series oso
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
scs120

Post by scs120 » 19 Jun 2012 13:34

:D nice! Welcome to the dark side :lol: :lol: :lol:
Stupidbear

Post by Stupidbear » 19 Jun 2012 14:33

very nice piece!
aiken74

Post by aiken74 » 19 Jun 2012 15:08

nice pc bro... ;)
Last edited by aiken74 on 19 Jun 2012 18:32, edited 1 time in total.
Paladium

Post by Paladium » 19 Jun 2012 16:11

ok i think i wasn't clear, what i meant was i gave up buying a NOS sbbn007 over the steinhart. I didn't sell my sbbn007 to fund this steinhart. :)

hope it's a choice that will not haunt me in time to come.. :?
Hoot 1st talk later!
infinitesadness

Post by infinitesadness » 19 Jun 2012 16:14

nice... i got my vintage aviation with that same exact black rios strap as u did. :lol:
Paladium

Post by Paladium » 19 Jun 2012 16:15

infinitesadness wrote:nice... i got my vintage aviation with that same exact black rios strap as u did. :lol:
from gnomon too? i'm looking for another textile strap with pvd buckle to replace this. dislike the shiny buckle on this. ;)
Hoot 1st talk later!
infinitesadness

Post by infinitesadness » 19 Jun 2012 16:25

Paladium wrote:
infinitesadness wrote:nice... i got my vintage aviation with that same exact black rios strap as u did. :lol:
from gnomon too? i'm looking for another textile strap with pvd buckle to replace this. dislike the shiny buckle on this. ;)
yup from gnomon.... i wasn't really bothered by the shiny buckle until christine pointed out to me cannot transfer the black buckle from the stock strap to the black rios one. if u can find a nice black buckle do let me know. TIA!
gasmancc

Post by gasmancc » 19 Jun 2012 16:37

nice hoot bro! Steinhart actually came out with a limited ed forum watch (50 pcs made) before releasing the vintage aviation...only diff I can see is the numerals not having "0" in front of 3,6,9 but both are real lookers!

*pic credit goes to owner of the watch (taken from the web)

For your strap combo, a pvd pre-V buckle would look nice on it imho :)
gasmancc

Post by gasmancc » 19 Jun 2012 16:38

oh and the word 'automatic' on the dial :D the limited one has a manual winding Unitas 6498
Paladium

Post by Paladium » 19 Jun 2012 16:49

gasmancc wrote:nice hoot bro! Steinhart actually came out with a limited ed forum watch (50 pcs made) before releasing the vintage aviation...only diff I can see is the numerals not having "0" in front of 3,6,9 but both are real lookers!

Damn! I'm only aware of the SAWLE version below. Didn't know there's another LE like yours. I love the SAWLE for the white indices and base dial but I'm loving the version u posted much better. I thought the 0s in front of 3,6,9 was superfluous, the one u posted is near perfect for me, i do prefer manual wind as opposed to automatics. It's vintage indices yes?

Unfortunately I doubt this version will appear on the secondary mkt easily. :( Which forum was yours a LE for?

I'm searching for a black/olive green textile strap with PVC buckle.

Last edited by Paladium on 19 Jun 2012 17:13, edited 2 times in total.
Hoot 1st talk later!
Paladium

Post by Paladium » 19 Jun 2012 17:03

infinitesadness wrote: yup from gnomon.... i wasn't really bothered by the shiny buckle until christine pointed out to me cannot transfer the black buckle from the stock strap to the black rios one. if u can find a nice black buckle do let me know. TIA!
i don't think the buckle can be removed from the strap? it isn't screw in. need a whole new strap?
Hoot 1st talk later!
gasmancc

Post by gasmancc » 19 Jun 2012 17:21

Paladium wrote:
gasmancc wrote:nice hoot bro! Steinhart actually came out with a limited ed forum watch (50 pcs made) before releasing the vintage aviation...only diff I can see is the numerals not having "0" in front of 3,6,9 but both are real lookers!

Damn! I'm only aware of the SAWLE version below. Didn't know there's another LE like yours. I love the SAWLE for the white indices and base dial but I'm loving the version u posted much better. I thought the 0s in front of 3,6,9 was superfluous, the one u posted is near perfect for me. Unfortunately I doubt this version will appear on the secondary mkt easily. Which forum was yours a LE for?

I'm searching for a black/olive green textile strap with PVC buckle.

The 0's are a matter of preference i guess..hate it or love it. I doubt it will show up anywhere as I'm also on the look out..so far none! hahaha!