[300612 New Addn.]- [Steinhart]- Nav.B 47 Chrono LSE

Swiss, German, Russian, Chinese and other watch companies
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 30 Jun 2012 15:20

55/99 ... just a little stroke more to the perfect balance of YIN and YANG

I won't consider myself as a diehard Steinhart collector... but all the other 3 divers are the few in my collection of watches gave me the best impression on built quality of all. I had missed out several other Steinhart L.E releases, this time round... i'm not going to give this a miss!

Just received this magnificent piece from the FedEX delivery guy, shipped from Germany! The package size is about the same as other watches which i had ordered from Germany in the past few months. But i didn't surprise that the box is really so big, that i couldn't find any other packing materials in the box, such as the styro-foams or any other types.
Unwrapped the box, i smiled to myself... "ohhh what's under this piano wood". The lacquered box is really something new to me! Never in my collection, the watches are packed into such boxes.
Flipped up the cover, my oh my oh my.... my eye sight goes to the watch first. Then the rest of the stuff... the strap changing too, another extra set of black colored strap with silver stitches and standard hook buckle, the certificate, the cleaning cloth, the 7750 guide, the warranty booklet... where's the pairing SS bracelet? Ooops... this does not exist at all! hehehe :D :D :D

Onto the watch.
Under the light, the Silver dial looks... silver. Not Chromy White, nor too reflective like a mirror. It's satin finished, and when i tilt the dial to a certain angle, i see streaks of lines burst from the center of the dial... i wonder does any other brudders here do as well?
This is a sandwich dial, with the lumed film under the silver dial. Charcoal grey to be exact, not totally grey!
I would expect the watch to look like what we may see in the Steinhart catalogue, chromy white with in contrast... which will make the watch looks like a panda in my hand. Unfortunately not... I guess it's the studio lighting that created such effect when Steinhart send the prototype for photo shooting.
The size is big... yeah big for asian wrist even though i'm kind of chubby on that part. But that's not a problem, as i had bought another watch a mm bigger than this... The only discomfort that i had felt, is the diamond crown "cutting" to my flesh...
I couldn't comment on the effect of lume right now, as i have not bring this piece to the outdoors, to absorb the light of nature.
Movement wise, this is my first encounter with the TOP SOIGNE movement... and i don't really have much idea on this grade of movement. How to determine from the layout, or decorations...no idea at all.

Without further ado... all the pics galore!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hot off from the hands of the FedEX guy roughly a couple of hours ago...
The arrival of #55/99 on Steinhart's 2012 L.E release of Nav.B 47mm Chrono with SILVER DIAL.

This is my first purchase strainght from Steinhart DE. And it's my 1st purchase that comes with such a big box!

Ohhh...yeeaaahhh! A 1st to me as well... the LUXURIOUS lacquered box in all of my other purchase

If the strokes gets longer by a bit... will be 66/99... you know... like that YIN/YANG logo that you see in those fengshui books or shops... 55/99...well fit's my view better

All the contents here... just a little pity... no inclusion of pairing SS "Engineering" bracelet for this model

The watch! Ahhh... how... charming! Wait... is that those "sun burst lines" that we saw on other watches?

Aww... so kind... cleaning cloth and the "birth" cert...

From a certain angle... the dial finish looks satin like

Silver Dial... if it was originally release as chromy white... it sure will look like a little panda!

55/99...

Sandwich dial!!!

Deployment buckle? Or butterfly buckle? Anyway... special care have to be employed if using this buckle type in frequent basis

TOP SOIGNE Movement... erm how do we identify? Any guide?

ready to fly off!!!

update 03/07...
As some brudder here might know... I'm not a strap guy... so went to Mustafa, got myself a "safety" shoe. :lol: :lol: :lol:

update 08/07...
Some outdoor pics.

Reflections of the blue sky

Reflections of the white ceiling

"Mummy, is that a Koala or a Panda?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
update 25/11...
Trying to catch some sunset sky pics... un-successful attempt...

No choice... have to into MRT station for indoor shots.

update 23/07...

Last edited by Ed.YEO on 23 Jul 2013 20:41, edited 4 times in total.
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
Paladium

Re: [300612 New Addn.]- [Steinhart]- Nav.B 47 Chrono LSE

Post by Paladium » 30 Jun 2012 17:55

Awesome piece! Looks like it's a winner. Too bad the lugs will probably overhang my wrist. otherwise i would have gotten it. wear it in good health! wrist pic pls. :)
Hoot 1st talk later!
sinner1974

Post by sinner1974 » 30 Jun 2012 17:56

If you don't mind, borrow me a week I take better photos for u :D :mrgreen:

Gxgx nice pc!
Astro2212

Post by Astro2212 » 30 Jun 2012 18:23

Gxgx
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 30 Jun 2012 18:49

Wah, I like the touch on the box, it's also serialised.
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 30 Jun 2012 18:52

Lovely.
Lovely catch mr steinhart
Astro2212

Post by Astro2212 » 30 Jun 2012 18:56

ivan wrote:Lovely.
He is mr uhr leh...mr steinhart is sinner lah
ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 30 Jun 2012 19:02

Astro2212 wrote:
Ps ps!!!
Nice catch mr UHR!!!!
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 30 Jun 2012 23:22

Astro2212 wrote:
I'm not Mr.Steinhart, neither Mr.UHR... i'm Mr.YEO, but no relation to Yeo Chow Tong, surname also different.
The only time when u guys can refer me as a certain brand fanatic, is when i have more than 10pc of watches from that brand.
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
CoolieND

Post by CoolieND » 30 Jun 2012 23:33

Only 10 bro? You're setting the bar way too low... Can I request it be more like >50? Wait, not even sure I can dodge on that count either... ;)

That is a nice watch, but it did look very different in the pictures I saw you post on here. Still, quite unique w/ that silver vs grey dial. Hope you enjoy!
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 30 Jun 2012 23:39

The picture shown in Steinhart website looks more whiter on the dial. while me looks more silver.
Lighting might have played a certain part fooling me in believing that the dial should be chromy white, as shown in steinhart's page.

But in fact... it's different...
vs...
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 30 Jun 2012 23:46

sinner1974 wrote:If you don't mind, borrow me a week I take better photos for u :D :mrgreen: ...!
嗯。。。老。。。板。。。 。。。想包下我一个星期呀。。。 代价很高的哟。。。
。。。还有,我可不脱的咧。。。

:D :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen: :D
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 01 Jul 2012 00:00

Ed.YEO wrote:The picture shown in Steinhart website looks more whiter on the dial. while me looks more silver.
Lighting might have played a certain part fooling me in believing that the dial should be chromy white, as shown in steinhart's page.

vs...
Wow, that's a huge difference, I thought there's 2 dial offerings.

The contrast in the photo is huge ! White dial with black sub dials.. hmm so deceiving..
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 01 Jul 2012 00:12

Vinc04 wrote:KNS.... some people say I wrong coz the dial is not white and now himself put "panda"... Hello boss, your panda silver and black one hah?? :lol: ......
[/quote]

That's why in the other thread... i initially refer this as PANDA... :lol: :lol: :lol:
softup

Post by softup » 01 Jul 2012 15:01

Wear in good health bro, gx.
Cheers.
dragonboat02

Post by dragonboat02 » 01 Jul 2012 19:09

Nice! Gxgx!
eguy899

Post by eguy899 » 01 Jul 2012 20:51

Ed.YEO wrote:The picture shown in Steinhart website looks more whiter on the dial. while me looks more silver.

vs...
wow so different from promo pic! 有被骗的感觉吗? :shock:
ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 01 Jul 2012 21:53

Actually both r nice in their own ways.
I prefer the promo one slightly.
Maybe 0.1% more
fireal

Post by fireal » 01 Jul 2012 22:11

nice box!.!!!
Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't
own it, but you can use it. You can't keep
it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it
you can never get it back.
infinitesadness

Post by infinitesadness » 01 Jul 2012 22:26

gosh... so much difference from the official pics.
i'll be pretty upset if i were you. but then, i'm not a fan of silver.