[10-11-12 New Addn.]-[Steinhart]- speedy GRAN PRIX ChronoS.E

Swiss, German, Russian, Chinese and other watch companies
Ed.YEO

[10-11-12 New Addn.]-[Steinhart]- speedy GRAN PRIX ChronoS.E

Post by Ed.YEO » 10 Nov 2012 16:09

Speedy arrival of #122, a birthday gift that came just too fast... as fast as the speedy cars

I couldn't remember how long ago when the GRAN PRIX project was announced. But i could remember lots of STEINHART followers were sadden that this special edition was and is opened only to folks who're involved with the GRAN PRIX events only.This is not a easy model to get, hence when i contacted the project coordinator about several months later after the initial launch, i had made preparation in mind that i might be unsuccessful with that attempt asking to put me in the waiting list should someone else had given up in the waiting queue.
November arrives, STEINHART made an announcement on the release of the 99pc limited release of Nav.B2 LGE Chrono, so as the reply from the person in-charge of this project that 1 person in the queue had given up on his wait... juggling on the decision to be made between the 2 limited editions, due to over spending on watches this year... I took my pick! The speedy PANDA from the WEST.

Just received this charming piece from the FedEX delivery guy couple of hours ago, shipped from Germany after more than 5 months of waiting. Testing of the chrono movement went immediately into the process, to test on the workability of the movement as usual on what i do with other mechanical Chronos. Steinhart's team really had a little hiccup this time. Which i didn't expect a pre-mature shipping :evil: (my birthday falls on December 2, #122 is just nice to link with that... :oops: :oops: ), even though i had clearly made a note during the ordering process, stated to dispatch this package at the end of November, such that it arrives in early december, which due to my absence in the country because of overseas posting... Duh...

Unwrapped the box, my heart beat increases when i saw the glossy black box. I'm just too anxious, worrying that STEINHART's dispatch team might have packed the wrong item as the GRAN PRIX and the Nav.B2 Chrono LGE is going through dispatch processing at the same time, using the same glossy dark brown wooden box as well...

Slowly opening the box, once #122 /150 is exposed, "yeah yeah..." my heart yells.

Oooh... yeah... The SPEEDY PANDA! Along with other standard issued extras, a back case that's used to conceal the movement, a black perforated leather strap with orange stitch, a white leather strap with orange strap, a watch strap changing tool. And... to my surprise, an extra Black NATO strap with orange and grey linings!

Onto the watch.

The creamy white dial seems to be glossy, the subdials are slightly etched in, non textured though. And depending on lighting condition, may seems to be metallic dark chocolate in color!
Though not a sandwich dial, the details are something that is not commonly found with watches in such a price range! Ooooh... I guess TAG fans will be easily agitated by such details on the dial, which they might be angry over their previous high price spending on the racing themed watches.

The hands on the subdials @ 12 and 6 are Orange'd in color, so as the Chrono hand. However, with some Orange markers on the hour indices, the dial will not be too dull if only Orange hands is present. The hour markers are raised, with silver frames, not too big and not too small... well sized, and fills the dial space well. Anymore additional markings, the dial will be too crowded. This is one of the most beautiful and charming dial i have in my collection!

The size is big but not so high... @ 44mm, Fits quite well to my wrist, even though i'm kind of chubby on that part.

Movement wise, yeah yeah yeah!!!... The rotor itself is a special one i have seen, backed with the nicely "milled" movement, as well as the decoration of blue screws. A beauty made of nice concoction!

So... without further ado... more pictures and comparisons

The Birth Cert.

Signed Clasp

Solid and conservative bracelet!

Pairing with a non-Steinhart Original issued CARBON patterned strap with Orange stitch

Time to hit the track

Move to position

Ready, Get Set...

GO!...

Beware Ahead!

Have to stop here... Hmm... ... ...turn left or right???
Last edited by Ed.YEO on 11 Nov 2012 00:01, edited 3 times in total.
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
Cosmograph

Re: [10-11-12 New Addn.]-[Steinhart]- speedy GRAN PRIX Chron

Post by Cosmograph » 10 Nov 2012 17:52

Beautiful piece. Enjoying it on your wrist is the most important part. Wear in good health! :D
Enjoying Japanese, Swiss, Germans & Micros quartz or mechanical, solar/Eco or kinetic, electronic

Time is one's best friend or worst enemy. You can't stop her or contain her but you can use her or watch her go by!
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 10 Nov 2012 23:45

Re-edit to original post complete with revised pictures!
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
inefficient

Post by inefficient » 11 Nov 2012 00:58

nice watch...beautiful
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 11 Nov 2012 12:29

Cosmograph wrote:Beautiful piece. Enjoying it on your wrist is the most important part. Wear in good health! :D
inefficient wrote:nice watch...beautiful
Thx! Bros!
Really a beautiful one in my 2012 acquisition! Stands out of the crowd among all auto-chronos i've so far!
ruf939

Post by ruf939 » 11 Nov 2012 13:13

Its a real beauty, saw yours at K2 last night.
Nice talking to you
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 11 Nov 2012 14:29

ruf939 wrote:...Nice talking to you
Oooh... yeah... your Big Black 1000m Japanese Manhunt Ninja is also a charming piece... popped up in my dream last nite, beat the German diver of mine which run out of oxygen in around 300m...
ruf939

Post by ruf939 » 11 Nov 2012 14:31

haha...
infinitesadness

Post by infinitesadness » 12 Nov 2012 16:25

looks good... wear in good health
tankbustaz

Post by tankbustaz » 25 Nov 2012 14:36

wow Steinhart GP :shock:
I like the panda dial, and looks really good with that carbon strap
chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 26 Nov 2012 22:43

I've looked at their website for a few times and a lot of models are out of stock, their business is so good!
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 26 Nov 2012 23:38

They've got quite a following. Check out their forum on wus.
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 27 Nov 2012 21:55

I notice there is quite a healthy demand for pre-owned steinnies. Especially the diver range. They tend to be fold the same day they ate put up for sale. And the asking prices are not far off the list price the owner paid brand new.
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 28 Nov 2012 04:52

It's not only their divers range... Whenever their Chronos are put up in the 2nd hand market, they're snapped up as well...

Here are my thoughts on Steinhart produce...
Steinhart watches are not as well popular as with other big brands such as TAGs and LONGINEs, but their design and built qualities had certainly captured a numbers of diehard followers whose impression on their watches are comparable to the 2 brands mentioned. Hence, to most WIS, STEINHART watches not only offers and left behind bang for buck, VFM positive impressions, but also an appearance to other folks who're not WIS thinking that STEINHART you put on, is filled with high-end personality and appearance.

It's kind of pity that i go for Steinhart watches too late... or else i could have other impressive collections from start.
From another point of view, it's not too late as well... especially when now Steinhart is slowly shifting itself away from making homages.

Just a little peak of another S.E for all... a handwinder that's only available exclusively from Steinhart's POLISH distributor... and this will not be available thru Gnomon...
I received a PM by the fella incharge of this S.E project thru WUS, he claims that this item is scheduled to be released in the next SUMMER. So... folks, you may have your purchase list planned now...
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 28 Nov 2012 07:05

infinitesadness wrote:looks good... wear in good health
tankbustaz wrote:wow Steinhart GP :shock:
I like the panda dial, and looks really good with that carbon strap
Thanks Bros!!! This is a real hard catch!
You know... it's like fishing in the open sea, when you hook onto a marlin, you'll not want to let it go so easy...!
This will be a permanent keeper to me!
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 28 Nov 2012 07:05

Saw this se a coupla days ago on wus but thought it's a tad too dressy for my liking.

There's also a gnomon pilot edition that's available only via gnomon but not an s.e. Though. But still, it's on my radar.
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 28 Nov 2012 07:12

rogue_hog wrote:Saw this se a coupla days ago on wus but thought it's a tad too dressy for my liking.

There's also a gnomon pilot edition that's available only via gnomon but not an s.e. Though. But still, it's on my radar.
Oops, it's regarded as an se as well. In the same vein as the polish anchor since it's exclusive.

http://www.gnomonwatches.com/product-detail.asp?pid=667" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 28 Nov 2012 07:22

This one has been around for sometime riaoz... but the respond may not be as good as the others probably due to it's looks. Seems familiar as the other 3 handers from Steinhart. The next factor... i would probably blame it on the price...

Post by 004 » 28 Nov 2012 08:47

Very nice limited edition , the rotor is styled like a sports cars steering wheel 8-)
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 28 Nov 2012 12:45

Ed.YEO wrote:This one has been around for sometime riaoz... but the respond may not be as good as the others probably due to it's looks. Seems familiar as the other 3 handers from Steinhart. The next factor... i would probably blame it on the price...
It was actually sold out for sometime. Recently back in stock. Aesthetically very similar to the regular 47mm pilot in the range but its the only one using era 2824. The others are handwound.