Racing Themed Watches

Swiss, German, Russian, Chinese and other watch companies
rogue_hog

Re: Racing Themed Watches

Post by rogue_hog » 17 Jun 2013 23:29

Jeryltan wrote:
rogue_hog wrote:
you're saying the screw/ nut itself is the sleeve? it slides slides freely up and down the pusher when it's unscrewed? or dose it move up the pusher when unscrewed? if it's the latter, then it's similar to diver's chrono.
It moves as u unscrew. Doesn,t move freely

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Same as diver's chrono then. my oris is the same. it moves upwards as you unscrew. only if it is completely unscrewed then can you press the pusher.
fireal

Post by fireal » 18 Jun 2013 07:57

Ed.YEO wrote:
Jeryltan wrote:
Oh. Hm. Then in what situation would i unscrew it? Bcos if i unscrew all the way, i can't press them
Clockwise to tighten usually will found in DIVER's Chrono. In RACETIMER's case, due to low water resistance specs, the screw in/out pusher guard act as... pusher guard. So when you unscrew out, you cannot activate the chrono?
catch no balls

Sent from my HTC One X+
Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't
own it, but you can use it. You can't keep
it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it
you can never get it back.
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 18 Jun 2013 09:20

fireal wrote:
Ed.YEO wrote: Clockwise to tighten usually will found in DIVER's Chrono. In RACETIMER's case, due to low water resistance specs, the screw in/out pusher guard act as... pusher guard. So when you unscrew out, you cannot activate the chrono?
catch no balls

Sent from my HTC One X+
Rocket science! Haha not football!
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 18 Jun 2013 13:23

Ha~~~~~~ I'm not so good @ describing... i guess.
"Action speaks louder than words", have to give some action siol...
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 18 Jun 2013 13:50

Oh. My bad. Rogue was right. Te pushers only activate when i release the lock. So it works the same way as the crown. Paiseh for the misunderstanding :p
From the way it was designed it lookd more like the other way round :p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
salokiN

Post by salokiN » 24 Jun 2013 13:27

After 10 minutes with the titanium refinishing pad.

I'm happy :D
Nikolas, with the "K".
Seiko SRP043K2 "Sinn" | Ticino BF-109 | Seiko SBDC001J Sumo | Steinhart Grand Prix Chrono Ltd Edition |
Seiko SBDX001J Marinemaster 300 | Longines Retrograde Master Collection Moonphase L2.739.4.71.3
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 27 Jun 2013 22:09

salokiN wrote:After 10 minutes with the titanium refinishing pad.

REFINISHING PAD? So... no chemicals used in the process? Wahh... how much is the pad huh? Wet or dry type one?
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
Ed.YEO

Racing Themed Chrono from PERRELET

Post by Ed.YEO » 27 Jun 2013 22:12

Looks kind of smart and classy, also TITANIUM case wor...
... the only thing that bugs me... rubber strap for a $5.5k piece? At least give a DLC bracelet lah...
the movement definitely automatic with DD module.
http://www.ashford.com/watches/perrelet ... 001&so=111" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Solanum88

Re: Racing Themed Chrono from PERRELET

Post by Solanum88 » 28 Jun 2013 12:49

Ed.YEO wrote:Looks kind of smart and classy, also TITANIUM case wor...
... the only thing that bugs me... rubber strap for a $5.5k piece? At least give a DLC bracelet lah...
the movement definitely automatic with DD module.
http://www.ashford.com/watches/perrelet ... 001&so=111" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
not bad, big date complication too but not a fan of modular movements
As for the rubber strap, ok la... Panerai, AP Royal Oak Offshore and some other brands also give rubber straps at their price points :lol:
salokiN

Post by salokiN » 28 Jun 2013 16:10

Ed.YEO wrote:
salokiN wrote:After 10 minutes with the titanium refinishing pad.

REFINISHING PAD? So... no chemicals used in the process? Wahh... how much is the pad huh? Wet or dry type one?
Yup, refinishing pad. It's like a cloth then you go over the scratched area over and over until the scratches are smoothened out.

Price inclusive of shipping is 15+SGD (if i remember correctly)

If you wanna try it out, can meet up and you try it out before you decide whether you wanna buy :) but IMO the material of the refinishing pad is similar to that of the green 3M scrub leh, but maybe not as rough.
Nikolas, with the "K".
Seiko SRP043K2 "Sinn" | Ticino BF-109 | Seiko SBDC001J Sumo | Steinhart Grand Prix Chrono Ltd Edition |
Seiko SBDX001J Marinemaster 300 | Longines Retrograde Master Collection Moonphase L2.739.4.71.3
Evirobie

Post by Evirobie » 29 Jun 2013 14:45

salokiN wrote:
Ed.YEO wrote: REFINISHING PAD? So... no chemicals used in the process? Wahh... how much is the pad huh? Wet or dry type one?
Yup, refinishing pad. It's like a cloth then you go over the scratched area over and over until the scratches are smoothened out.

If you wanna try it out, can meet up and you try it out before you decide whether you wanna buy :) but IMO the material of the refinishing pad is similar to that of the green 3M scrub leh, but maybe not as rough.
Any links?
fireal

Post by fireal » 29 Jun 2013 15:40

Referring to polishing cloth like cape cod?

Sent from my HTC One X+
Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't
own it, but you can use it. You can't keep
it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it
you can never get it back.
salokiN

Post by salokiN » 30 Jun 2013 18:04

fireal wrote:Referring to polishing cloth like cape cod?

Sent from my HTC One X+
Cape cod cloth is used on polished surfaces, don't think can be used on brushed surfaces, else will polish off the brushed finishing.

But if you're saying that the function of the refinishing pad, then yes the function is similar to the cape cod cloth, to remove scratches but on brushed surfaces instead of polished surfaces. :)
Nikolas, with the "K".
salokiN

Post by salokiN » 30 Jun 2013 18:08

Evirobie wrote:
salokiN wrote:

Any links?
Did a search online that led me to this website where i ordered the item:

http://www.bostonwatchexchange.com/serv ... hes/Detail" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am in no way associated with/to this website or its owners, i am sharing this purely based on my personal experience and i also do not guarantee any results. :)
Nikolas, with the "K".
Evirobie

Post by Evirobie » 01 Jul 2013 10:38

salokiN wrote:
Evirobie wrote:
Any links?

http://www.bostonwatchexchange.com/serv ... hes/Detail" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am in no way associated with/to this website or its owners, i am sharing this purely based on my personal experience and i also do not guarantee any results. :)
Thanks for the heads up. I got a badly beaten up Ti watch which I can use for experimenting. One of my very first few seiko watch.
salokiN

Post by salokiN » 01 Jul 2013 17:01

Evirobie wrote:
salokiN wrote:

Thanks for the heads up. I got a badly beaten up Ti watch which I can use for experimenting. One of my very first few seiko watch.
Don't mention it, remember to post before and after pics when you're done! :)
Nikolas, with the "K".
Ed.YEO

ONE TWO THREE , THREE TWO ONE ... ... ...

Post by Ed.YEO » 12 Jul 2013 23:35

Which of these Steinhart Racing Chronos would you want?

Solanum88

Post by Solanum88 » 12 Jul 2013 23:37

I like the 3rd option, would be nice if its guilloche sub dials like in 2 though.
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 13 Jul 2013 00:16

Der zweite.
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 13 Jul 2013 00:20

Personally... i'm more to the PANDA. Seems to be a better partner to my GP Chrono.
Unfortunately ahh..... ..... .....
The models above are limited editions designed specially for an AD elsewhere...
Design just recently approved and sent for production... maybe delayed release till... erm... December?
From one of the latest reply posted in their FB... i google translate... got this...
While the design is finalized and submitted to the manufacturer or nenacení but estimated amount should be somewhere between 850 to 950 euros.
from the original...
Kým nie je dokončený dizajn tak nám to výrobca ani nenacení ale predpokladaná suma by sa mala pohybovať niekde medzi 850 až 950 EUR.
So... the design just finalized? And just sent for production? Will that makes.... uhm... December release?
Last edited by Ed.YEO on 13 Jul 2013 00:58, edited 1 time in total.