Panerai GMT

Swiss, German, Russian, Chinese and other watch companies
User avatar
ivan
HULK
Posts: 6696
Joined: 03 Sep 2011 18:22

Re: Panerai GMT

Post by ivan » 02 Feb 2014 08:46

Before buying pam, I advice pple stop looking too much into the movements.

If you are looking at a big, simple yet elegant design, I think you wont go wrong with the pams.

Is a love hate relationship thou. Some models with their in house movement, can hold their price very well, some dont. And their models r way too many and they look almost identical that I feel is 1 of their downside.

If you wanna buy, read up more on the web as there are too many articles for you to digest before you make the plunge.

There will always b 2 diff camps of pple for whatever watch you r going to buy. So, unless u r disturbed, then you can decide on ypur own.

Cheers


Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
User avatar
balzebub71
Senior member
Posts: 2064
Joined: 06 Jul 2013 22:11
Location: Singapore

Re: Panerai GMT

Post by balzebub71 » 02 Feb 2014 08:58

Don't like PAM, due to design, perhaps quite a few of my colleagues own PAM and they look too large on their wrists, male and female included. They wear bigger than their actual size. Not suitable for me and at their price range lots of other choices.

Sent from my PadFone Infinity using Tapatalk
I want to be a one watch guy!!
User avatar
Jeryltan
Senior member
Posts: 1069
Joined: 01 Jan 2013 10:26

Re: Panerai GMT

Post by Jeryltan » 02 Feb 2014 09:24

ivan wrote:Before buying pam, I advice pple stop looking too much into the movements.

If you are looking at a big, simple yet elegant design, I think you wont go wrong with the pams.

Is a love hate relationship thou. Some models with their in house movement, can hold their price very well, some dont. And their models r way too many and they look almost identical that I feel is 1 of their downside.

If you wanna buy, read up more on the web as there are too many articles for you to digest before you make the plunge.

There will always b 2 diff camps of pple for whatever watch you r going to buy. So, unless u r disturbed, then you can decide on ypur own.

Cheers


Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
balzebub71 wrote:Don't like PAM, due to design, perhaps quite a few of my colleagues own PAM and they look too large on their wrists, male and female included. They wear bigger than their actual size. Not suitable for me and at their price range lots of other choices.

Sent from my PadFone Infinity using Tapatalk
What do you think of the 312? It,s tbe cheapest with in-house movement right?
Altho i like iwc but i,ve got those entry level 1s alr and their 7 days model abit expensive fr me. Lol. But i agree many of the pam design look very similar

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
User avatar
ivan
HULK
Posts: 6696
Joined: 03 Sep 2011 18:22

Re: Panerai GMT

Post by ivan » 02 Feb 2014 09:41

Jeryltan wrote:
ivan wrote:Before buying pam, I advice pple stop looking too much into the movements.

If you are looking at a big, simple yet elegant design, I think you wont go wrong with the pams.

Is a love hate relationship thou. Some models with their in house movement, can hold their price very well, some dont. And their models r way too many and they look almost identical that I feel is 1 of their downside.

If you wanna buy, read up more on the web as there are too many articles for you to digest before you make the plunge.

There will always b 2 diff camps of pple for whatever watch you r going to buy. So, unless u r disturbed, then you can decide on ypur own.

Cheers


Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
balzebub71 wrote:Don't like PAM, due to design, perhaps quite a few of my colleagues own PAM and they look too large on their wrists, male and female included. They wear bigger than their actual size. Not suitable for me and at their price range lots of other choices.

Sent from my PadFone Infinity using Tapatalk
What do you think of the 312? It,s tbe cheapest with in-house movement right?
Altho i like iwc but i,ve got those entry level 1s alr and their 7 days model abit expensive fr me. Lol. But i agree many of the pam design look very similar

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I like ot too. the 312 sandwich dial with p9000 movement. The case is nice n big. Did I mention heavy?

Look for preowned bah.
Quite gd price for 3days reserved watch.


Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
User avatar
Jeryltan
Senior member
Posts: 1069
Joined: 01 Jan 2013 10:26

Re: Panerai GMT

Post by Jeryltan » 02 Feb 2014 10:07

ivan wrote:
Jeryltan wrote:


What do you think of the 312? It,s tbe cheapest with in-house movement right?
Altho i like iwc but i,ve got those entry level 1s alr and their 7 days model abit expensive fr me. Lol. But i agree many of the pam design look very similar

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I like ot too. the 312 sandwich dial with p9000 movement. The case is nice n big. Did I mention heavy?

Look for preowned bah.
Quite gd price for 3days reserved watch.


Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Ya was look at preown but price not attractive le. Preown pple asking 7-7.5k but brand new i,m getting aroung 8.5-9k. Hm. But the relatively high preown price was what made ne interested in this model. Lol


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
User avatar
ivan
HULK
Posts: 6696
Joined: 03 Sep 2011 18:22

Re: Panerai GMT

Post by ivan » 02 Feb 2014 10:08

Jeryltan wrote:
ivan wrote:
I like ot too. the 312 sandwich dial with p9000 movement. The case is nice n big. Did I mention heavy?

Look for preowned bah.
Quite gd price for 3days reserved watch.


Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Ya was look at preown but price not attractive le. Preown pple asking 7-7.5k but brand new i,m getting aroung 8.5-9k. Hm. But the relatively high preown price was what made ne interested in this model. Lol


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
We can discuss this price thing privately.
:)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
User avatar
Jeryltan
Senior member
Posts: 1069
Joined: 01 Jan 2013 10:26

Re: Panerai GMT

Post by Jeryltan » 02 Feb 2014 10:16

ivan wrote:
Jeryltan wrote:
Ya was look at preown but price not attractive le. Preown pple asking 7-7.5k but brand new i,m getting aroung 8.5-9k. Hm. But the relatively high preown price was what made ne interested in this model. Lol


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
We can discuss this price thing privately.
:)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Oops sorry. Didn,t know it,s sensitive topic


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Solanum88
Member
Posts: 672
Joined: 16 Apr 2011 16:02

Re: Panerai GMT

Post by Solanum88 » 02 Feb 2014 10:28

Panerai has been using outsourced movement for a long period in it's history(Rolex, Angelus, ETA ) so it doesn't really bother me that ETA movements are in some of the models. It's also the reason why I find the base PAMs reflects the DNA of the brand the best.

But at the price they are asking, I find the value proposition of the brand to be lacking. I was able to compare my previous PAM219 against an acquaintance's "made in shenzhen" 112, even comparing it up close (without a loupe) and apart from the usual telltale signs, I can say the differences are minimal. In fact, I think his 112 has a better AR than my 219 :cry:
User avatar
doinkydoink
Member
Posts: 894
Joined: 30 Sep 2012 00:06

Re: Panerai GMT

Post by doinkydoink » 02 Feb 2014 10:41

The design is nice but for the price I rather get a MM300 plus one tuna and maybe still got change to buy kopi

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk 2
User avatar
ivan
HULK
Posts: 6696
Joined: 03 Sep 2011 18:22

Re: Panerai GMT

Post by ivan » 02 Feb 2014 10:59

Solanum88 wrote:Panerai has been using outsourced movement for a long period in it's history(Rolex, Angelus, ETA ) so it doesn't really bother me that ETA movements are in some of the models. It's also the reason why I find the base PAMs reflects the DNA of the brand the best.

But at the price they are asking, I find the value proposition of the brand to be lacking. I was able to compare my previous PAM219 against an acquaintance's "made in shenzhen" 112, even comparing it up close (without a loupe) and apart from the usual telltale signs, I can say the differences are minimal. In fact, I think his 112 has a better AR than my 219 :cry:
Oh ya.
Thats another reason for the con.
The fake r so many out there that I dont wear pam anymore. Actually lolex, AP .... oso got fakes. Ha ha ha.....

I m bias now





Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
User avatar
ivan
HULK
Posts: 6696
Joined: 03 Sep 2011 18:22

Re: Panerai GMT

Post by ivan » 02 Feb 2014 11:02

doinkydoink wrote:The design is nice but for the price I rather get a MM300 plus one tuna and maybe still got change to buy kopi

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk 2
Depends which mm300 & tuna u getting.

Ha ha ha

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
User avatar
doinkydoink
Member
Posts: 894
Joined: 30 Sep 2012 00:06

Re: Panerai GMT

Post by doinkydoink » 02 Feb 2014 11:09

ivan wrote:
doinkydoink wrote:The design is nice but for the price I rather get a MM300 plus one tuna and maybe still got change to buy kopi

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk 2
Depends which mm300 & tuna u getting.

Ha ha ha

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Baby steps bro. The rusty kind are way out of my league.


Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk 2
User avatar
ivan
HULK
Posts: 6696
Joined: 03 Sep 2011 18:22

Re: Panerai GMT

Post by ivan » 02 Feb 2014 11:15

doinkydoink wrote:
ivan wrote:
Depends which mm300 & tuna u getting.

Ha ha ha

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Baby steps bro. The rusty kind are way out of my league.


Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk 2
Is patina bro.
Patina.
:lol:

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
User avatar
doinkydoink
Member
Posts: 894
Joined: 30 Sep 2012 00:06

Re: Panerai GMT

Post by doinkydoink » 02 Feb 2014 11:42

ivan wrote:
doinkydoink wrote:
Baby steps bro. The rusty kind are way out of my league.


Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk 2
Is patina bro.
Patina.
:lol:

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Image
:grin:

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk 2
User avatar
ivan
HULK
Posts: 6696
Joined: 03 Sep 2011 18:22

Re: Panerai GMT

Post by ivan » 02 Feb 2014 11:44

doinkydoink wrote:
ivan wrote:
Is patina bro.
Patina.
:lol:

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Image
:grin:

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk 2
I m lost for words.
You win

:D

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
okies8
Member
Posts: 382
Joined: 10 Apr 2011 22:42

Re: Panerai GMT

Post by okies8 » 02 Feb 2014 12:19

Solanum88 wrote:Panerai has been using outsourced movement for a long period in it's history(Rolex, Angelus, ETA ) so it doesn't really bother me that ETA movements are in some of the models. It's also the reason why I find the base PAMs reflects the DNA of the brand the best.

But at the price they are asking, I find the value proposition of the brand to be lacking. I was able to compare my previous PAM219 against an acquaintance's "made in shenzhen" 112, even comparing it up close (without a loupe) and apart from the usual telltale signs, I can say the differences are minimal. In fact, I think his 112 has a better AR than my 219 :cry:
bros, u hit the nail on the head...those are the reasons why i'm considering this

Image
User avatar
doinkydoink
Member
Posts: 894
Joined: 30 Sep 2012 00:06

Re: Panerai GMT

Post by doinkydoink » 02 Feb 2014 12:33

ivan wrote:
doinkydoink wrote:
Image
:grin:

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk 2
I m lost for words.
You win

:D

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
No la. The one with the patina watches win.

Gong xi fa cai!

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk 2
Paladium
Member
Posts: 721
Joined: 10 Apr 2011 23:00

Re: Panerai GMT

Post by Paladium » 02 Feb 2014 15:09

I have a pam 390. I like it for its sporty look and simple dial. Uses an eta movement but I don't really care, all the better for finding a cheaper third party service when the need arises.

But to those who don't like it they may hiam dial too simple, watch too big, etc. if you like it just buy it. But similar to rolex not all models retain good resale value. Mostly base pans are in demand, like the 000, 005, 111, 112, etc.
Hoot 1st talk later!
KKFA
Member
Posts: 759
Joined: 30 Mar 2013 23:35

Re: Panerai GMT

Post by KKFA » 02 Feb 2014 15:29

ivan wrote:
doinkydoink wrote:
Image
:grin:

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk 2
I m lost for words.
You win

:D

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Neber thought I'd see the day that Bro Ivan is lost for words.. quickly go buy 4D Huat ah!
KKFA
Member
Posts: 759
Joined: 30 Mar 2013 23:35

Re: Panerai GMT

Post by KKFA » 02 Feb 2014 15:32

Thanks for all the the replys from bros in scs..

They surely help muddy the waters even more.. :lol:

The distillate from all these, just buy Seiko lah.. Cheers.
Post Reply