[160414 Neu Addn.]- [Steinhart]- Nav.B47 Anniversary Ed.

Swiss, German, Russian, Chinese and other watch companies
Ed.YEO

[160414 Neu Addn.]- [Steinhart]- Nav.B47 Anniversary Ed.

Post by Ed.YEO » 17 Apr 2014 00:22

When double 5 looks like double S... It's a Steinhart Special.

10yrs
...that's what STEINHART had been around in this tough and competitive world of timepiece business. And it's kind of late when i started to discover the presence of STEINHART roughly about 5yrs ago... until i got my first, the Ocean One Green, and yes, the undeniably homage to Rolex Sub from the line of homage pieces in STEINHART's product range that draws my interest with their competitive price, and a little off copy of homage designs that separates itself from being a direct copy, offering a different feel...

Ever since i turned into a fan of the label, i had been expecting STEINHART to come out with different designs to shift themselves against being regarded as "copy maker", and harsh bashes from other fans of other much "elite" premium brands. However, it's not easy, as it's often affected by the response of the potential buyers and collectors. Deep into the production stage, it's about designing and making of a costly mold such that production volumes can keep going on for a certain period to recover the initial costs. Hence, there will be no further choice but perhaps on some models offered in STEINHART's catalog, folks will often find familiar looks on certain parts. Eventually linked to homage, or in a much negative term... copy.

In this 10th Anniversary Edition, we see some of the common things again. But with a little difference, barely noticeable if looked on from far.

- The look-familiar Nav.B dial from the "5-Os", but on STEINHART with sandwich dial and slightly different numeric fonts.

- A Bi-Compax layout, which when we googled using search term "FLIEGER Chrono", most common ones that keep popping out are either using the 6-9-12 register 7750 movements, or the one from ALPINA which uses identical calibre, or STOWA's Bi-Compax Chrono with a much slimmer and refine hands and fonts which makes it a little off from other FLIEGER Chrono offerings. In addition, COSC certified.

- The use of a titanium case which in contrast to other FLIEGER Chronos in the market, kind of niche to be exact, offers a different tone and look as well as feel.

- A different 3 pointed seconds hand, which seems to be present in limited volumes on STEINHART 10th Anniversary Nav.B Chrono for now. Hopefully this unique design can be utilize on other cataloged FLIEGER Chronos in the future, make it as a special signature to represent the label...

The FedEx delivery guy just left the package couple of hours ago, that was dispatched last week. Quite fast this time, compare to previous orders i had made with STEINHART 2yrs ago with the LSE Chrono, Apollon, as well as the Gran Prix.
The special PIANO Lacquer finishing box with limited edition numbering plaque suffers some scratches during the shipping process, that ends up with slight unsightly impressions. Worries of damages to the expensive piece which i ever paid in recent years starts to strike my mind... ends when i flip up the cover, to see that the watch is in good conditions all around. All well, so as the additional strap, and the strap changing tool, together with the COSC certificate and other papers. Being a bracelet guy, i would expect a set of pairing bracelet to be included as well... but the true fact is, there isn't any pairing bracelets available for STEINHART's 47mm FLIEGER cases. I guess i'll have to look out for other substitutes then... Haa~~~ Gasp...

Onto the watch.
Under the office's florescent light, the ash grey dial looks... grey. As shown in STEINHART's catolog page.
However when stepped out of home, taking a stroll, under the amber street lights, the dial's grey gives a little different reflection... which makes me wonder, what is the real material o the dial made of... perhaps greyish bronze? The sandwich dial, with the lume painted film under the greyish dial, turns into some kind of light-blue under the dark, lights up on all the indices on the dial.
As usual, the size is big... too big even with my chunky wrist, the watch appears to be like a small clock hanging over it. This time round, i don't feel the discomfort which the Nav.B LSE Chrono had given me previously with the diamond crown. Which also makes me miss the diamond crown which is more suitable to this theme design.
Movement wise, this is my first encounter with the COSC certified 7753. I couldn't comment on the accuracy, since i am not a accuracy OCD. However, i will be much more concern on the costs should one day the movement faced a hiccup, should there be a need to change on the parts and components of the movement.

Without further ado... all the pics galore!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hot off from the hands of the FedEX guy roughly a couple of hours ago...
The arrival of #55 /111 on Steinhart's 2014 A.E release of Nav.B 47mm Bi-Compax Chrono with gun-grey dial.

Not first, but fourth purchase strainght from Steinhart DE. And it's my 3rd limited edition purchase that comes with such usual big box.

From far, looks good... but... closer... sigh....

Another #55 plaque, this time round 55 /111, but coincidentally with another 55 on LSE Chrono under the same design theme...
All the contents here... just a little pity... no inclusion of pairing SS "Engineering" bracelet for this model

The watch! Ahhh... how... charming! The angle of light on the dial creates different colors on the dial...

Heee~~~ the "birth" cert. and most importantly... the HEART Cert.

From a certain angle... the dial finish looks satin like

Ash Grey Dial... however under different lighting, Gun-grey dial!

When 55/99 meets 55/111

Sandwich dial!!!
ImageImage

Butterfly clasp? Anyway... for frequent wearing, i guess i'll have to change the locking part, to a much simple hook buckle

COSC Movement... besides the perlage and blue screws, the signature of CHRONOMETER on the movement...
ImageImage

Up up and lift off!!!
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
balzebub71

Re: [160414 Neu Addn.]- [Steinhart]- Nav.B47 Anniversary Ed.

Post by balzebub71 » 17 Apr 2014 07:25

Very nice...congrats in your hoot. Actually looks okay on your wrist. Doesn't look like a clock hanging on your wrist la...what's your wrist size ?

Sent from my Hongmi
I want to be a one watch guy!!
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 17 Apr 2014 09:28

Ed.YEO wrote:When double 5 looks like double S... It's a Steinhart Special.

10yrs
...that's what STEINHART had been around in this tough and competitive world of timepiece business. And it's kind of late when i started to discover the presence of STEINHART roughly about 5yrs ago... until i got my first, the Ocean One Green, and yes, the undeniably homage to Rolex Sub from the line of homage pieces in STEINHART's product range that draws my interest with their competitive price, and a little off copy of homage designs that separates itself from being a direct copy, offering a different feel...

Ever since i turned into a fan of the label, i had been expecting STEINHART to come out with different designs to shift themselves against being regarded as "copy maker", and harsh bashes from other fans of other much "elite" premium brands. However, it's not easy, as it's often affected by the response of the potential buyers and collectors. Deep into the production stage, it's about designing and making of a costly mold such that production volumes can keep going on for a certain period to recover the initial costs. Hence, there will be no further choice but perhaps on some models offered in STEINHART's catalog, folks will often find familiar looks on certain parts. Eventually linked to homage, or in a much negative term... copy.

In this 10th Anniversary Edition, we see some of the common things again. But with a little difference, barely noticeable if looked on from far.

- The look-familiar Nav.B dial from the "5-Os", but on STEINHART with sandwich dial and slightly different numeric fonts.

- A Bi-Compax layout, which when we googled using search term "FLIEGER Chrono", most common ones that keep popping out are either using the 6-9-12 register 7750 movements, or the one from ALPINA which uses identical calibre, or STOWA's Bi-Compax Chrono with a much slimmer and refine hands and fonts which makes it a little off from other FLIEGER Chrono offerings. In addition, COSC certified.

- The use of a titanium case which in contrast to other FLIEGER Chronos in the market, kind of niche to be exact, offers a different tone and look as well as feel.

- A different 3 pointed seconds hand, which seems to be present in limited volumes on STEINHART 10th Anniversary Nav.B Chrono for now. Hopefully this unique design can be utilize on other cataloged FLIEGER Chronos in the future, make it as a special signature to represent the label...

The FedEx delivery guy just left the package couple of hours ago, that was dispatched last week. Quite fast this time, compare to previous orders i had made with STEINHART 2yrs ago with the LSE Chrono, Apollon, as well as the Gran Prix.
The special PIANO Lacquer finishing box with limited edition numbering plaque suffers some scratches during the shipping process, that ends up with slight unsightly impressions. Worries of damages to the expensive piece which i ever paid in recent years starts to strike my mind... ends when i flip up the cover, to see that the watch is in good conditions all around. All well, so as the additional strap, and the strap changing tool, together with the COSC certificate and other papers. Being a bracelet guy, i would expect a set of pairing bracelet to be included as well... but the true fact is, there isn't any pairing bracelets available for STEINHART's 47mm FLIEGER cases. I guess i'll have to look out for other substitutes then... Haa~~~ Gasp...

Onto the watch.
Under the office's florescent light, the ash grey dial looks... grey. As shown in STEINHART's catolog page.
However when stepped out of home, taking a stroll, under the amber street lights, the dial's grey gives a little different reflection... which makes me wonder, what is the real material o the dial made of... perhaps greyish bronze? The sandwich dial, with the lume painted film under the greyish dial, turns into some kind of light-blue under the dark, lights up on all the indices on the dial.
As usual, the size is big... too big even with my chunky wrist, the watch appears to be like a small clock hanging over it. This time round, i don't feel the discomfort which the Nav.B LSE Chrono had given me previously with the diamond crown. Which also makes me miss the diamond crown which is more suitable to this theme design.
Movement wise, this is my first encounter with the COSC certified 7753. I couldn't comment on the accuracy, since i am not a accuracy OCD. However, i will be much more concern on the costs should one day the movement faced a hiccup, should there be a need to change on the parts and components of the movement.

Without further ado... all the pics galore!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hot off from the hands of the FedEX guy roughly a couple of hours ago...
The arrival of #55 /111 on Steinhart's 2014 A.E release of Nav.B 47mm Bi-Compax Chrono with gun-grey dial.

Not first, but fourth purchase strainght from Steinhart DE. And it's my 3rd limited edition purchase that comes with such usual big box.

From far, looks good... but... closer... sigh....

Another #55 plaque, this time round 55 /111, but coincidentally with another 55 on LSE Chrono under the same design theme...
All the contents here... just a little pity... no inclusion of pairing SS "Engineering" bracelet for this model

The watch! Ahhh... how... charming! The angle of light on the dial creates different colors on the dial...

Heee~~~ the "birth" cert. and most importantly... the HEART Cert.

From a certain angle... the dial finish looks satin like

Ash Grey Dial... however under different lighting, Gun-grey dial!

When 55/99 meets 55/111

Sandwich dial!!!
ImageImage

Butterfly clasp? Anyway... for frequent wearing, i guess i'll have to change the locking part, to a much simple hook buckle

COSC Movement... besides the perlage and blue screws, the signature of CHRONOMETER on the movement...
ImageImage

Up up and lift off!!!
if you think is big then for me more worse :p
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 17 Apr 2014 09:50

Jeryltan wrote:if you think is big then for me more worse :p
balzebub71 wrote:Very nice...congrats in your hoot. Actually looks okay on your wrist. Doesn't look like a clock hanging on your wrist la...what's your wrist size ?
Dunno ley... maybe i where too close to my wrist joint with all watch of all sizes?
Size there? Less than 7inch with IKEA measuring tape... english inch?
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 17 Apr 2014 09:56

Ed.YEO wrote:
Jeryltan wrote:if you think is big then for me more worse :p
balzebub71 wrote:Very nice...congrats in your hoot. Actually looks okay on your wrist. Doesn't look like a clock hanging on your wrist la...what's your wrist size ?
Dunno ley... maybe i where too close to my wrist joint with all watch of all sizes?
me is only about 6inch niah. Lol
Ed.YEO

Paring up today with the studded shoes from LSE Chrono...

Post by Ed.YEO » 19 Apr 2014 17:17

doinkydoink

Post by doinkydoink » 19 Apr 2014 17:31

Jin swee. GxGx.
Cosmograph

Post by Cosmograph » 23 Apr 2014 15:48

Jeryltan wrote:
Ed.YEO wrote:
me is only about 6inch niah. Lol
As they say, as long as you happy can liao.

Love the watch but the L2L just doesn't do it for me. 47mm straight lugs IMO just doesn't look good on a <7.25-7.5in wrist IMHO. That's my only grievance with Steinhart's 47mm offerings. Frankly, wearing it lower down the wrist doesn't seem to help. I suppose the angle of the shot is what can be deceiving to those who don't see it in the flesh. These are just my personal thoughts & opinion and at the end of the day what matters is owner happy or not, the rest is irrelevant. :mrgreen:
Enjoying Japanese, Swiss, Germans & Micros quartz or mechanical, solar/Eco or kinetic, electronic

Time is one's best friend or worst enemy. You can't stop her or contain her but you can use her or watch her go by!
metalgear

Post by metalgear » 05 May 2014 13:02

nice statement watch from steinhart.

pity about the size for me too. but I'm sure they knew what they were doing releasing a 47mm watch like that.

can only imagine how imposing it would look/feel in the flesh on the correct-sized wrist.
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 09 May 2014 07:56

Cosmograph wrote:
Jeryltan wrote:me is only about 6inch niah. Lol
As they say, as long as you happy can liao.

Love the watch but the L2L just doesn't do it for me. 47mm straight lugs IMO just doesn't look good on a <7.25-7.5in wrist IMHO. That's my only grievance with Steinhart's 47mm offerings. Frankly, wearing it lower down the wrist doesn't seem to help. I suppose the angle of the shot is what can be deceiving to those who don't see it in the flesh. These are just my personal thoughts & opinion and at the end of the day what matters is owner happy or not, the rest is irrelevant. :mrgreen:
bro, I reckon your wrist is larger then jeryltan's. Your Ennebi's the same size and thicker. But it's a matter of personal preference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk