Olde Connie

Swiss, German, Russian, Chinese and other watch companies
balzebub71

Olde Connie

Post by balzebub71 » 21 Apr 2014 10:43

Finally came back from servicing in Swiss...sent over in October 2013. Thought just a simple repair of a loose crown and movement service. Only found the problem when i was contemplating selling it. In the end, there was corrosion of the case back and Omega had to re-case the watch. So now 6 months later and S$1,450 poorer..
Parts changed out and returned to me. Basically on the dial and movement is left, everything else has been swapped out by Omega.

Guess now i will never sell it since it has cost me a grand total of around 2k to service it over the years of ownership since i was in Primary school.
It's for the best - now every time i strap it on, it will remind me of my father and that we should always treasure and spend time with our loved ones while we can when we can; and as they say such things are priceless... :(
Oh and i really should not have lost the original gold bracelet for this watch too...now any bros here can recommend where i can go to pick up a good quality brown/dark brown croc print leather strap in 19mm? It's a wierd lug width for sure.
I want to be a one watch guy!!
Jeryltan

Re: Olde Connie

Post by Jeryltan » 21 Apr 2014 13:30

Try strapcode for thestrap if really can't find here. But should be able squeeze 20mm i think
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 21 Apr 2014 14:53

Could not find any Hirsch straps that fit from the Red Army that's near my office. Managed to find a dark brown crocodile print Paros strap with gold buckle at Bras Basah Complex, man the uncle is ROUGH with his strap change tool..should have done it myself at home and they charge high prices for their watches :20% off for Seiko and 15% off Orients. Had 19mm straps in lizard skin print too, but somehow those gave me the shivers... :oops:

Think i will pick up an "Omega" buckle from evil-bay to complete the look....
DC74

Post by DC74 » 23 Apr 2014 00:19

Wow, from primary school till now, that's a really long time. Glad that u restore it into such spanking condition... well done.
Becky

Post by Becky » 23 Apr 2014 10:39

Spanking new now. Treasure of such have more sentimental values that can't be equate with dollars n cents.

Congrats!
giraffe000

Post by giraffe000 » 10 Oct 2014 09:33

Great! It looks new. But is the strap too tight?
oncleoliver

Post by oncleoliver » 10 Oct 2014 11:25

You were wearing a omega in primary school.

FWAH
You are not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

- Tyler Durden
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 10 Oct 2014 19:29

Actually started with a citizen auto in primary school..then the connie..but the gold case and bracelet was too much and was advised by my teacher to not wear it to school? Hence it sat in my drawer forgotten for a looong time.

Strap was too tight ya.

Cannot find a good strap for it.
TheChef

Post by TheChef » 10 Oct 2014 19:30

20mm strap on 19mm lug is fine.
"Please touch your own favorite watch with your kind heart and love forever." - Ikuo Tokunaga, Chief Designer of SEIKO Dive Watches and Sports Watches
big-e-294

Post by big-e-294 » 11 Oct 2014 00:21

19mm straps U hv to get online. I've searched for my GS and U can get them from:
Watch Band Centre
Globalwatchband

Or hv it custom made.

Sent from The Force
HermanHermits

Post by HermanHermits » 16 Oct 2014 20:57

A very nice Connie! I really like old Omega watches; they have got style, and best of all they were "in-house"!