Problem with Dievas Vortex Professional

Swiss, German, Russian, Chinese and other watch companies
Jeryltan

Problem with Dievas Vortex Professional

Post by Jeryltan » 23 Jun 2014 00:06

I have a Dievas Vortex Professional bought 1year ago which i have worn maybe 3-4 times at most. The last time i worn it probably about 4-5 mths ago. Got a shock just now as i was adjusting the time planning to wear it this week. The bezel will not turn!?!? I have not worn this swimming or anything. At most it may have gotten some rain on it or maybe splashed water on it when washing hands. i can,t remember but definitely no submerging in water of any kind. I,m obviously bringing it to Gnomon tomorrow but am very curious what may have caused this to happen to such a new watch? Did this happen to any of you before?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
telepgm

Re: Problem with Dievas Vortex Professional

Post by telepgm » 19 Jul 2014 08:22

I hope your vortex is ok by now. Gnomon would take responsibility. :) maybe you can try this next time: Usually a drop or two of wd-40 on the 2 & 8 o'clock position of the bezel should do the trick. Since you can control the "force" of the canister, you spray the wd-40 in a small plastic bag. Then "pick up" the drops of the lubricant by a tweezer and drop it gently at the said position of the bezel. Mr. Goh did it for one of my Seikos, and the bezel literally "came back to life".
Strap Shine by Dicon: Leather Care for Watch Straps. Nourishes | Waterproofs | Cleans
http://www.leather-care.sg/product/stra ... -by-dicon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Contact: hello@jaspe.com.sg
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 19 Jul 2014 08:32

telepgm wrote:I hope your vortex is ok by now. Gnomon would take responsibility. :) maybe you can try this next time: Usually a drop or two of wd-40 on the 2 & 8 o'clock position of the bezel should do the trick. Since you can control the "force" of the canister, you spray the wd-40 in a small plastic bag. Then "pick up" the drops of the lubricant by a tweezer and drop it gently at the said position of the bezel. Mr. Goh did it for one of my Seikos, and the bezel literally "came back to life".
no le. Still not back from gnomon. Lol. Spray wd40 i scared will have adverse effect on the pvd coating?

telepgm

Post by telepgm » 19 Jul 2014 13:55

Not spray. Like I mentioned, spray into a clear plastic case. Pick up the drops of a lubricant with a tweezer, and drop slowly into the 2 & 8 o'clock position. Go to K2 if you are not sure what I'm describing. It's a fairly easy process & should not affect your PVD coating.
Strap Shine by Dicon: Leather Care for Watch Straps. Nourishes | Waterproofs | Cleans
http://www.leather-care.sg/product/stra ... -by-dicon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Contact: hello@jaspe.com.sg
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 19 Jul 2014 15:30

telepgm wrote:Not spray. Like I mentioned, spray into a clear plastic case. Pick up the drops of a lubricant with a tweezer, and drop slowly into the 2 & 8 o'clock position. Go to K2 if you are not sure what I'm describing. It's a fairly easy process & should not affect your PVD coating.
ohkk. Will try that next time if it happens out of warranty :) tks

telepgm

Post by telepgm » 19 Jul 2014 15:52

[/quote]ohkk. Will try that next time if it happens out of warranty :) tks

Practice with your cheaper watches first. :)
Evirobie

Post by Evirobie » 20 Jul 2014 13:45

Will not suggest you use wd40, too corrosive if you have any rubber or plastic parts underneath the bezel. I think best is to pop the bezel out and use seiko grease on the contacts for the bezel mechanism.

Sent from my HM NOTE 1W using Tapatalk
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 21 Jul 2014 10:15

Evirobie wrote:Will not suggest you use wd40, too corrosive if you have any rubber or plastic parts underneath the bezel. I think best is to pop the bezel out and use seiko grease on the contacts for the bezel mechanism.

Sent from my HM NOTE 1W using Tapatalk
Good tip! Will take note. Thanks Evirobie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk