Christopher Ward In House Movement

Swiss, German, Russian, Chinese and other watch companies
balzebub71

Christopher Ward In House Movement

Post by balzebub71 » 03 Jul 2014 08:56

Just read that CW had launched their own in house automatic movement.
http://www.christopherward.co.uk/calibr ... F07%2F2014" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Quite impressive for a micro. But I still feel they are overpriced for a micro.
I want to be a one watch guy!!
Ed.YEO

Re: Christopher Ward In House Movement

Post by Ed.YEO » 03 Jul 2014 09:16

I wonder is the movement fully designed and engineered in house, or base off other calibres in the market with add in of some minor modifications? It can only be truly considered as "In-House" if it's D&E +Manufactured. Otherwise, it'll be just like STEINHART's ST-1, ST-5, "In-House Decorated" only...

31 jewels... hmm... gotta do some search up...

Price? Definitely ex... considering the X-rates between SG dollar and UK pound... But then, when this kicks in...
...In that light, SH21 is a brave step. A risk, you might also say. It’s been on the table for four years, and in the final development phase for the last 18 months, which is not long by industry standards. Not least when the calibre has a hefty 120-hour power reserve and has been built with foresight, so that in time it might carry modules that will give a watch GMT, chronograph, power reserve and perhaps jumping hour functions...
from http://www.christopherward.co.uk/sh21-review.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
... some folks will find it very worthy...
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 03 Jul 2014 10:34

From what i read it is designed by CW and SH, SH is merging with CW, so i guess it can be considered "in house", although it is manufactured in SH's factory in Swiss and not in UK?

Yup i actually like some of the CW watches, but the price and exchange rate for pounds have been putting me off. I do like their 60-60 policy for returns and warranty as well. Like 1500 pounds for the new C9 with SH21, that's around 3400 SGD after conversion and GST. I would rather top up for a FC with in house movement or Oris with in house movement....
I want to be a one watch guy!!
chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 04 Jul 2014 22:41

Worn & Wound is raving about it.
5 days power reserve is really impressive.

http://wornandwound.com/2014/07/03/intr ... e-changer/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pyu

Post by pyu » 06 Jul 2014 08:46

The movement is certainly impressive but to be honest the debut watch isn't something to rave about. But I can see the movement as a basis for them to manufacture a Big Pilot equivalent for their aviation line.
Diospada

Post by Diospada » 08 Jul 2014 08:57

Like the new development of a new movement but the exchange rate means I won't be getting one anytime soon.

Sent from my GT-N5120 using Tapatalk