Mondaine

Swiss, German, Russian, Chinese and other watch companies
galaxy_convoy

Mondaine

Post by galaxy_convoy » 03 Sep 2014 21:57

Anyone here owns or has interest in Mondaine watches? Nearly picked up a Simply Elegant a few months back. Love the dial, based on the Swiss railway clock design.

http://www.mondaine.com/mondaine-watche ... y_family/4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lunarin79
CEO

Re: Mondaine

Post by lunarin79 » 03 Sep 2014 22:09

was interested in Mondaine watches for a while but did not bite the bullet although CK Tangs did carry it for a period of time.
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 03 Sep 2014 22:43

Yup same here, almost bought one, but didn't bite the bullet, local prices just too high.
I want to be a one watch guy!!
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 04 Sep 2014 02:56

Local price too high not surprising. Less market penetration rate ma... hence less quantity brought in, much too higher price lo...
Online shopping is often suggested or this brand. Just an Automatic with day date can be get @ less than $700, or much lesser depending on the Euro x-rates.

This is really one niche design piece with big date. Too bad... quartz only.

Other models available are...
http://stores.ebay.com.sg/born2watch/MO ... 34.c0.m322" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
galaxy_convoy

Post by galaxy_convoy » 04 Sep 2014 09:45

I have a friend in UK who might be coming back end of the year, plus another going to US soon. Which would be a better place to get? From the respective Amazon stores, US looks like a better bet.
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 04 Sep 2014 11:45

Yup I think online from US is much cheaper

Sent via carrier pigeons
oncleoliver

Post by oncleoliver » 09 Oct 2014 21:48

I been looking at this at Bras Basah.

Quite tempting but somehow it lacks oooommmpphh
You are not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

- Tyler Durden
telepgm

Mondaine

Post by telepgm » 11 Oct 2014 08:41

oncleoliver wrote:I been looking at this at Bras Basah.

Quite tempting but somehow it lacks oooommmpphh
train clock Bauhaus style watches are unlikely to give you that oooommmpphh that you are looking for, oncle. It's meant to be "quiet", "understated" & "functional". It has only one purpose in its existence, to tell time, very accurately. Here's my Bauhaus as a contrast to mondaine: Image
Strap Shine by Dicon: Leather Care for Watch Straps. Nourishes | Waterproofs | Cleans
http://www.leather-care.sg/product/stra ... -by-dicon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Contact: hello@jaspe.com.sg
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 11 Oct 2014 08:50

For Mondaine I would love to own one of their Stop 2 Go models..but not cheap....[FACE WITH COLD SWEAT]
oncleoliver

Post by oncleoliver » 11 Oct 2014 09:05

Npnt
You are not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

- Tyler Durden
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 11 Oct 2014 10:42

oncleoliver wrote:Npnt
NPNT!!!
Strap Shine by Dicon: Leather Care for Watch Straps. Nourishes | Waterproofs | Cleans
http://www.leather-care.sg/product/stra ... -by-dicon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Contact: hello@jaspe.com.sg
galaxy_convoy

Post by galaxy_convoy » 11 Oct 2014 11:05

But the video will show the Stop2Go function better.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JHySriBWq8w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
oncleoliver

Post by oncleoliver » 11 Oct 2014 11:10

still feel like no oooppmmhh

- Tyler Durden
oncleoliver

Post by oncleoliver » 11 Oct 2014 11:16

After I watched this video instead, then only I understood. Cool watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yljrQ1L_5sI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- Tyler Durden
ghostrider

Post by ghostrider » 11 Oct 2014 13:05

Got this automatic watch 15 year ago in Switzerland. Time keeping still very good. Watch case is similar to the railway clock. The current version watch case is different.
Too bad this version is not in production now.
galaxy_convoy

Post by galaxy_convoy » 11 Oct 2014 13:11

ghostrider wrote:Got this automatic watch 15 year ago in Switzerland. Time keeping still very good. Watch case is similar to the railway clock. The current version watch case is different.
Too bad this version is not in production now.
Nice. The dial design is exactly the same. Which is the point of a Mondaine I suppose.
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 11 Oct 2014 13:28

oncleoliver wrote:After I watched this video instead, then only I understood. Cool watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yljrQ1L_5sI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tried the actual watch at store, it's cool but the sweep of the seconds hand isn't as smooth as in the promo video.
TheChef

Post by TheChef » 14 Oct 2014 13:18

Watch is a bit small. But, nice watch.
"Please touch your own favorite watch with your kind heart and love forever." - Ikuo Tokunaga, Chief Designer of SEIKO Dive Watches and Sports Watches
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 14 Oct 2014 15:26

TheChef wrote:Watch is a bit small. But, nice watch.
Kwan Guan?
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
TheChef

Post by TheChef » 14 Oct 2014 17:52

Ed.YEO wrote:
TheChef wrote:Watch is a bit small. But, nice watch.
Kwan Guan?
ACube Timeless. Btw is there a bigger version of this model?
"Please touch your own favorite watch with your kind heart and love forever." - Ikuo Tokunaga, Chief Designer of SEIKO Dive Watches and Sports Watches