Movas anybody?

Swiss, German, Russian, Chinese and other watch companies
oncleoliver

Movas anybody?

Post by oncleoliver » 05 Oct 2014 00:39

Saw a review on Worn & Wound regarding Movas - a microbrand from Singapore

http://wornandwound.com/2014/09/24/mova ... ii-review/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Went and checked out their offerings and am quite impressed - especially on the Oceaner 1

http://movaswatches.com/oceaner-1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

However, I am concerned about forking out SGD1330 for a watch using a China movement. Not sure if that is a valid concern?

Does anybody here own one yet?
You are not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

- Tyler Durden
lunarin79
CEO

Re: Movas anybody?

Post by lunarin79 » 05 Oct 2014 00:44

was particularly following this brand couple of years back, esp the Diver AG.

Communicated with the moVas for a while.

Ultimately, I passed. Same concern as you on seagull movement and the price ain't shallow. Servicing this watch can be tricky as K2 doen't really service Seagull movements but I'm sure there might be other watchmakers who will service a Seagull movt..just lazy to go around looking for one,haha

but the Oceaner 1, is indeed unique.
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
rojakman

Post by rojakman » 05 Oct 2014 00:53

I was looking at oceaner1 too and was very tempted to get it. But i wasnt keen to pay so much for it.

U might want to take a look at zelos if you are into local micro brands. They have just launched new models.
Using Tapatalk
oncleoliver

Post by oncleoliver » 05 Oct 2014 01:05

lunarin79 wrote:was particularly following this brand couple of years back, esp the Diver AG.

Communicated with the moVas for a while.

Ultimately, I passed. Same concern as you on seagull movement and the price ain't shallow. Servicing this watch can be tricky as K2 doen't really service Seagull movements but I'm sure there might be other watchmakers who will service a Seagull movt..just lazy to go around looking for one,haha

but the Oceaner 1, is indeed unique.
Oh heck you confirmed my concerns
You are not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

- Tyler Durden
oncleoliver

Post by oncleoliver » 05 Oct 2014 01:06

rojakman wrote:I was looking at oceaner1 too and was very tempted to get it. But i wasnt keen to pay so much for it.

U might want to take a look at zelos if you are into local micro brands. They have just launched new models.
I looked at Zelos as suggested. Their designs are so-so. Nothing I can't get from a Jap brand.

- Tyler Durden
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 05 Oct 2014 08:52

Ok well, you are paying for the design, better decorated movement, despite Sea Gull. But even if they use a 6R, I probably won't spend more than 800... ?
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
oncleoliver

Post by oncleoliver » 05 Oct 2014 09:56

roo7 wrote:Image

Ok well, you are paying for the design, better decorated movement, despite Sea Gull. But even if they use a 6R, I probably won't spend more than 800... ?
I don't mind paying a bit more for the design etc.. and suppork local brand.

But for a seagull? At least a miyota I don't mind lah.

I wouldn't pay more than USD600 for this watch. I think they didn't price it correctly.

- Tyler Durden
Trident

Post by Trident » 05 Oct 2014 10:08

Went to his house before to get my wheel bearing changed (yes, he sells bicycle too, Soul brand). Assembly of the watch was done at his home at that time. Now I see he has some new design out.
oncleoliver

Post by oncleoliver » 05 Oct 2014 10:19

Trident wrote:Went to his house before to get my wheel bearing changed (yes, he sells bicycle too, Soul brand). Assembly of the watch was done at his home at that time. Now I see he has some new design out.
fwah... renaissance man. Architect, bicycle designer and horologer.

- Tyler Durden
Trident

Post by Trident » 05 Oct 2014 10:24

oncleoliver wrote:
Trident wrote:Went to his house before to get my wheel bearing changed (yes, he sells bicycle too, Soul brand). Assembly of the watch was done at his home at that time. Now I see he has some new design out.
fwah... renaissance man. Architect, bicycle designer and horologer.
I see, you hv been reading up on him.
oncleoliver

Post by oncleoliver » 05 Oct 2014 10:27

It's in the worn and wound article...

- Tyler Durden
rojakman

Post by rojakman » 05 Oct 2014 11:12

1300$ for a "patek". Fit the oceaner1 on a leather strap and it will be a superb watch for me. Wonder how the quality of the oceaner?

He told me a few days ago that he is going to start building the orders of the oceaner1. So if you are keen, you can drop him an email to check.
Using Tapatalk